Cisse ,morientes and kewell - Staying put ?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 11, 2006 10:16 am

Not so much a transfer rumour but more of a none transfer rumour .

This week 3 of our players who have been linked with a possible move away from Anfield in the summer have all come out and said they aren't going anyhwere and have rubbished any such speculation .

Expect to see more of Cisse , Morientes and Kewell .
If thats the case ,with Djib,Nando,Robbie and Crouchie remaining at the club I can't see Rafa adding more than maybe 1 new signing to our strike force , can you ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 2520years » Thu May 11, 2006 10:35 am

Personally, I don't take such statements very seriously.  Cisse has made it clear he wants to stay, and to a lesser extent so has Nando.  I reckon they are talking from their perspective, that they aren't going anywhere...if it's up to them.

I think Rafa will buy one striker (for sure), and if a bargain presents itself he'll get another and offload Nando or Cisse.  Of course, he won't tell them they're going until it's definite as it would harm their morale if they end up staying.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby metalhead » Thu May 11, 2006 11:19 am

Eventually it isn't up to the player if he says wants to stay. If rafa sees cisse and morientes as surplus requirment he will sell them and buy a new striker. If he still believe in them then both will stay.

It all depends on the manager's decision
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 11, 2006 12:44 pm

A player can refuse a transfer .He doesn't have to go anywhere if he doesn't want to .
Of course he's not likely to do anything  then but sit on his a*se until his contract expires , all the time earning his contracted salary .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu May 11, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu May 11, 2006 1:07 pm

We can only see what happens, but in my opinion we need big changes up front.

Nando has not proved himself

Cisse despite scoring 18 odd goals this season has been very inconsistant and wasteful on many occastions. We need a striker with better footballing ability that can put away their chances with ease as opposed to cisse who tends to smack it towards goal in a hit and hope manner.

I also believe that Crouch needs to score a few more next season but I am still pleased with what he contributes to the team as a whole.

Robbie is just Robbie passionate, hard working, tactically and technically gifted with and eye for goal 15 games (not full games either) and 6 goals i think says it all, for a guy who is supposed to be suffering from fitness problems.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu May 11, 2006 1:52 pm

I seem to remember a certain Michael Owen claiming he was staying at Liverpool too, before fecking off at the first opportunity.  Last summer Baros said he'd fight for his place, then Benitez binned him.  The point is that footballers are controlled by their agents these days, especially what is said in the press regarding transfers.  Most of it is a smokescreen for what is really going on behind the scenes.

Personally I'm happy these guys have said they want to stay.  It just means that potential buyers for the likes of Cisse or Morientes will have to stump up the money they're worth if they want to buy them - at the moment neither Benitez or the players in question appear desperate for them to leave - this is exactly the signal you want to be sending out.  Do I really think that both Cisse and Morientes believe their futures are secure at LFC? Not a chance.

As for Kewell - any talk of him leaving is rubbish imo.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu May 11, 2006 4:41 pm

Most players say they want to stay as if they actually put in a transfer request they give up their right to any of the transfer fee- it's just another way to make sure they earn as much as possible.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Return to The Rumour Mill