I hope to say i told you so! - Houllier wants cisse!

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:15 pm

I remember a long time ago that when we all started to want rid of Cisse and someone said "but who'll pay big money for him?" and I said "Houllier". Guess who wants him!!! Some of us thought it would take a good world cup to get the Lyon boss interested, but it appears not. Come on G.H., I dare say the Lyon directors can afford... oh, I dunno,...£12m. Bargain. It's even less than what you payed for him the first time!   :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:17 pm

You're joking?  Where did you hear this?
jonnymac1979

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri May 12, 2006 10:22 pm

There was only one man stupid enough to pay £14 million for Cisse and i think there will only be one man stupid enough to pay £12 million for Cisse. Come in Mr houllier your time is up. It would not suprise me in the slightest if this turns out to be true . Here's hoping anyway.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:32 pm

It's on SSN.com. And I was only Hoping for £12m and to be honest, I can see it happening.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:34 pm

From SSN.com:

Reports emanating from France suggest Lyon could make a move to sign Liverpool's Djibril Cisse.

French radio station Europe 1 claims Lyon are weighing up a bid for Cisse to bring him back to Ligue 1.

Cisse's future at Liverpool has been the subject of intense speculation for most of the season as he has struggled to hold down a regular place in Rafa Benitez's side.

Lyon boss Gerard Houllier is a big admirer of Cisse, having brought him to Liverpool in the first place, and he would be keen to bring him to Stade Gerland next season.

It remains to be seen what Liverpool decide to do with Cisse with the player saying earlier this week he was happy to stay at Anfield.

"Things are settled for me. I have three years left at Liverpool and that is where I envisage my future to be," said Cisse.

Benitez is thought to be in the market for new strikers and he could be tempted to sell Cisse if Lyon meet their asking price for the French international.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:34 pm

Post a link for us Ace, I can't find it.
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Fri May 12, 2006 10:39 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Post a link for us Ace, I can't find it.

it's here john

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....on+link
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:46 pm

I know he's scored a few goals but it's masking the fact that he just doesn't look a Liverpool player and lacks the brains to be one. 

If it's true, I say bring Lyon's bid on and get him off the books and a far better replacement in.  There are loads of forwards out there better than him.

This is just smoke I reckon though.  Until I see more hard evidence or a paper trail of quotes from sources more reputable than Sky Sports, I'll keep an open mind for the time being.  I reckon we'll bring about six or seven players in this summer anyway, we're bound to release others.  Can't say for sure yet though.

Remember all the "Come and Get me" pleas this time last year when we'd just won our fifth European Cup?  How good? :D
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Fri May 12, 2006 10:48 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:If it's true, I say bring Lyon's bid on and get him off the books and a far better replacement in.  There are loads of forwards out there better than him.

maybe they could give us a straight stop for fred.

then 1234spam will be happy.  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:52 pm

Fred.... such a funny name for a footballer. :D

Nothing funny about Lyon though, they actually look a decent side from what I've seen of them.
jonnymac1979

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:53 pm

SHHHHH!!!! Stop bad mouthing him! Houllier probably gets his hot tips from places like this andwe don't want to put him off!!!

Personally, I think Cisse is the best striker in the premiership and the only reason he hasn't scored more is that he's too good. But if Lyon did want him, I wouldn't take less than £12m. He's really, really, really good.

:D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 12, 2006 11:02 pm

I like 1234Spam.  He really makes me laugh!!!!  I think he's a bit of a legend on here in the TJAMES mould. :D

He shows up about twice a year for a few days each time, posts a lot of txt speak crap and then just gets off.

I reckon he just roams the internet looking for forums to teach them his way with the ladies.  Have you noticed he always asks "any ladeez wiv da msn homey wants to play wiv Rameez yer?"

I love it.  Deffo brightens this place up.  I remember when JBG was a mod he said to him once, "Ram, you're beginning to test my patience".  I come down a bit heavy sometimes with spamming members but I just can't do it to Ram because he's so fucking funny!!!!!  After a while he gets told but I let him Spam the gaff up for a bit.  The Fred thread has to go down in legend.  If anyone can be bothered looking for it post the link on here somewhere.

His comeback threads are always titled "im bck".  Type 1234ram into Google and you can see loads of forums he posts on!!!  Everyone over the internet thinks he's dead weird, it's not just us on here!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Fri May 12, 2006 11:12 pm

the funniest thing was, he came back and seriously thought that he had improved his spelling :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GLB1 » Sat May 13, 2006 1:54 am

Lyon are really going for the cream on the top this year. First Drogba and now Cisse. With CIsse being cheaper than Drogba we might be in with a chance. *Fingers Crossed* Isn't it funny that Houlliers teams he manages start of good until the directors let him get his hands on the tranfer market. uahhahahah
GLB1

Postby H_K_LFC » Sat May 13, 2006 2:19 am

ha ha yeah trust me though this kid is gona be good id love to see him at liverpool he ll set the prem on fire hell get atleast 10 goals in his first season hell be a england player by the time hes 25 hes a wicked player trust me much better then rooney and this kid has got a lot of pace

Surely one of the best posts by him :D
He set out his career for him  :D :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill