Hamann - Joining bolton?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby davo_LFC » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:51 pm

I'd be really gutted to see didi go, the guys a legend in my eyes and one of the best holding midfielders in the business.

His influence and experience is vital and i think we should keep him for another year; he can help momo develop more aswell. The two recent cup finals show how great a player didi is.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:58 pm

fivecups wrote:I'd keep Didi for another year.

If he does go, I think he deserves the keys to Liverpool.

He's been a superb, loyal servant to our club, and as good a holding midfielder as you'll ever see.

I love the man!

Ditto.

can't think of better cover for our 3 men in the middle.
and I think it'd be terrific experience for Momo to have didi around for another season.

8 million quid was a snip for a player that has given us so much for the last 7-8 years.
ConnO'var

Postby Scott P » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:13 pm

If its true Didi will be a massive loss!! Great player when called on.  Gutted if he has gone:(
Scott P

Postby red37 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:37 pm

this fella won us the champions league and the fa cup in my opinion. not to mention plenty of other games he's had a massive say in.  he'll always be a favourite to me.

and though i think he is still more than useful to the squad. a move may be the best option considering the point in his career.

if he's off to the trotters, best of luck didi!

andy gray= " i cant see what difference hamann is going to make"  or words very similar to that effect...25/05/05.

:;):

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:37 pm

I hope this isnt true. Hamann still has a lot to offer liverpool as was shown in FA cup final. In my opinion he and Makele are head and shoulders above the other defensive midfielders in the prem(and that includes Carrick)He has proven his quality for years at Liverpool and should stay for at the very least another season.
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:50 pm

its not true, itd be all over the net if it was
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:50 pm

No way.

Our favourite German is staying, you THIS IS ANFIELD dummies.

He should retire here, he is a legend in all of our eyes. He has saved our skin countless of times with his experience and cool head and not to mention that he would be a great mentor to the Youth kids.

Imagine that.

Hyypia mentors the defenders.

Didi teaches the midfield.

And Fowler moulds the future strikeforce.

We've got it all done! :D

But I can't help but think we are being a little bit selfish. What if he does still want to pursue another season in the top flight playing week-in, week-out? I'm not questioning his love for the club but if I knew that he still wanted at least one more season of playing regularly, I'd let him go.

For a servant of the club, so loyal and unwavering, it would have seemed the right thing to do.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:53 pm

Ideally we could do with Hamann sticking around for another year.  He can certainly still do a good job when required, although I'd have my doubts as to whether he could still perform week-in week-out should injuries require him to have an extended run in the side.  He's a big game player though, with a wealth of experience and it can only be a good thing keeping him in the squad next season.

If however he wants another crack at regular first team football then I'd let him move on.  If he doesn't fancy another season on the bench then there's no point in keeping him and I'd wish him all the best.  One thing's for sure though, we certainly got our 8 million's worth out of Didi, he's been fantastic for us.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:56 pm

He's one of my favs in Liverpool, not that kind of player you can make a video of his tricks and flicks, but very useful for the team, impressive positioning (he doesn't need to run much because he's where he has to be) excellent tackling, a great defensive midfielder.

But the strong rumours of Zapater, plus this one is perhaps much of a coincidence.

One thing that I admire a lot of Hamman is that he has been a German international, yet his attitute towards the team when he hasn't been used (and he hasn't been used THAT much) has been excellent.

Perhaps he wants to play regular football, that's the only reason I can see for him to leave. Rafa must be very happy with his performance when he has played.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:22 pm

stmichael wrote:didi hamann, one of the biggest unsung heros in the history of this club. the guy should have a statue erected outside anfield for istanbul alone.

Yes, and a giant video screen should show his Instabul penalty on a loop...the man buried it cool as you like with a broken foot!  Whacha think of that Wayne?  :D

Here we are, minutes from the kick off to the World Cup and while I'm giddy to have footie back and to soak up the drama of the biggest and best sporting event in the world, I can't help but feel a little deflated when it comes to watching the opening match: A German team without Didi?  That's just not right.  :no

Hope he stays but I'll understand completely if he's on his way.  I suspect this maybe one of those baseless rumours, though...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:A German team without Didi?  That's just not right.  :no

I agree.  I can't believe he is not in the squad, it's not as if Germany have a 'golden generation' of players to choose from these days.  Must have been a bit of a clash of personalities with Klinsmann I reckon.  You would think someone like Hamann who has experience of playing in 2 world cups and who is still playing for one of the top clubs in Europe would come in very handy in the German camp.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:00 pm

I know its a :censored: site for info but this is now running on Koptalk now too.

http://www.koptalk.com/detail_subtitle_listing.php?link_id=2959

Liverpool have received an official approach from Bolton Wanderers for former German international Dietmar Hamann.

The 32-year-old midfielder who cost £8million when signed from Newcastle United by Gerard Houllier back in 1999, has been given permission to discuss a move.

An Anfield Insider told us: "Rick (Parry) has received a call from Bolton again (for Hamann) and having discussed this with Rafa, the player has been given permission to discuss a possible move."

Didi will be allowed to leave on a free transfer.
Gaunt

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:00 pm

Smeg wrote:
bavlondon wrote:If this is true then im sure Rafa will most certainly go for Aimar to fill his spot.

So Rafa will bring in a number 10 to replace Didi?  :laugh:

We are after Zapater from Zaragoza, thats why Didi might leave....

Smeg lad. are you off Smallville?

jonnymac1979

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:10 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Smeg wrote:
bavlondon wrote:If this is true then im sure Rafa will most certainly go for Aimar to fill his spot.

So Rafa will bring in a number 10 to replace Didi?  :laugh:

We are after Zapater from Zaragoza, thats why Didi might leave....

Smeg lad. are you off Smallville?

:D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:34 pm

Deffo young Clark Kent.
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill