Hamann - Joining bolton?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Gaunt » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:29 am

I found this on TIA site.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/article_2.php?p=385

"Didi Hamann has signed for Bolton Wanderers, according to reports circulating around Merseyside on Thursday evening. The German international almost signed for the Lancashire side last summer but extended his contract at Anfield instead.

The man who scored the last ever goal at Wembley, and coolly slotted home the opening penalty in both Istanbul and the 2006 FA Cup Final now seems to have left Liverpool after 7 years at the club.

Nicknamed “The Kaiser” Didi has been an popular member of the squad and is good friends with Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard - the three of them were pictured celebrating the Champions League success in a bar in Istanbul last May, rather worse for wear!

Hamann has made over 200 appearances for the Reds since his 8 million pound move from Newcastle back in 1999, under Gerard Houllier’s early reign.

A hugely under-rated, but influential, player will be a loss to the squad but at almost 33 he moves on - and with a right midfielder seemingly on their way, Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso and Mo Sissoko will be first choice for midfield roles.

The move is yet to be confirmed by either club but is likely to be soon.

Everyone here at This Is Anfield wishes Didi all the best, thanks for the memories. "

Hopefully it's just rumours as i haven't seen any other mention of it. I reckon Didi still has another season of being valuable to the squad and providing cover.
Gaunt

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:32 am

i thought he signed a year extension on his contract? ???
i think hamman still has another year in him yet at liverpool.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:44 am

I'd keep Didi for another year.

If he does go, I think he deserves the keys to Liverpool.

He's been a superb, loyal servant to our club, and as good a holding midfielder as you'll ever see.

I love the man!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:45 am

If this is true then im sure Rafa will most certainly go for Aimar to fill his spot.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:04 am

:(

Didi is my favourite player, Rafa can't sell him, when he came on in the F.A Cup final he changed the game. We need him, he's been a loyal servant for the past 7/8 years. He should by right along with Hyypia, retire at Liverpool.
48-1119859832

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:13 am

bavlondon wrote:If this is true then im sure Rafa will most certainly go for Aimar to fill his spot.

Bavlondon = Clueless
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:16 am

:D
Good Bob

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:26 am

bavlondon wrote:If this is true then im sure Rafa will most certainly go for Aimar to fill his spot.

1. why would rafa replace an attacking midfielder for an defensive midfielder?  ???

2. even though aimar would be affordable, it is unlikely rafa will spend considering the priorities imo are 2 new strikers and a right winger.

3. if aimar does arrive, then i will take my hat off to you if i'm wearing one at the time!  :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:36 am

If he has gone (and i believe that he has)... who are we gonna bring on when we are losing in a cup final to turn the game? ??? :p   ???   (milan & westham)  hehe
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stew_the_red » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:41 am

You have confirmed your idiocy.

And I dont think Hamann will be going anywhere, Im guessing its an old story from last year, don’t need to mess about with the central midfield IMO, unless Rafa wants to play 3 in there, in which case we will add players not sell them, it would be a strange move.
stew_the_red

Postby ste123lfc » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:37 am

There is nothing on either liverpool or Boltons official website. If it was true I would think it would of been on there by now.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Smeg » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:46 am

So Rafa will bring in a number 10 to replace Didi?  :laugh:

We are after Zapater from Zaragoza, thats why Didi might leave....
Smeg

Postby wee_boi888 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:48 am

Aimar to replace Hamman? They are completely different types of players. If Aimar was to 'replace' a player, it would be of the ilk of Louis Garcia.

Daft comment bav
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:49 am

:laugh:  Even im not that clueless!

Hope didi stays for at least another year, hes still got another one in him
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:37 pm

didi hamann, one of the biggest unsung heros in the history of this club. the guy should have a statue erected outside anfield for istanbul alone.

maybe the cisse injury has forced rafas hand on this as didi had signed a one year extension to his contract which means if he does go to bolton we will get money for him and after cisse we probably need to fund the new signings from elsewhere.

however thinking last night that maybe rafas formation next season will include xavi, momo and stevie g in the middle.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill