Hamann - Joining bolton?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:16 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I have it on very good authority that Hamann will go to Bolton this week when he arrives back from Germany.  As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a rumour anymore.

Thanks for everything Didi. :)

when i saw him on Eurosport i have to admint, it did look like he's 80% sure of going.  Good Luck Didi, thanks for everything.  One of Houlliers best 'big' money players.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:31 pm

would love it for didi to stay one more year, possibly for our biggest premiership race ever, but if the mans gotta play hes probably got to leave to do it. he leaves a true great though and if we do manage to finally get our hands on the league im sure he'll be back for thhe celebrations.

auf wiedersen der kaiser :(
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:54 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:I have it on very good authority that Hamann will go to Bolton this week when he arrives back from Germany.  As far as I'm concerned, this isn't a rumour anymore.

Thanks for everything Didi. :)

disaster.......i think every team needs a player of didi's experience....I think he would be a hugh loss in a hunt for a premiership
but the very best of luck to him......he is a legend.....not til he is gone that his true worth will be measured
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:17 am

Thanks for everything Didi, but don't forget:

It's not too late to change your mind. :(

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:24 am

If it's true and Didi is on his way...

1) I can't fault Didi at all: he wants to play as much football as possible in his twilight years, not sit on the bench waiting for an injury to others...even if he's doing it with the best club in the world.

2) Nor can I fault the manager or the club.  Sissoko has come in and done the business for us at a pace no one would have predicted and Rafa simply cannot leave him out of the side for long.  As long as that's the case--and as long as our other central midfielders are Xabi Alonso and Steven Gerrard!--Didi's game time is limited.  A selfish manager/club would string him along and let him sit in the reserves, in anticipation of the day when inuries, suspensions, etc. mean that his services are required.  But, Didi deserves better.  As such, Rafa was honest with him about the playing time he'll get next season and gave him the option of moving on.  I don't think Rafa really wants him to go but it's the professional thing to do.

So, if this is to be were Hamann and Liverpool part ways, all I can say is...

Thanks for everything big fella, you have simply been immense in a Red Shirt, Walk On!  :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Alonso14 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:38 pm

I think it could be a mistake to let him go. To me he is a different kettle of fish compared to Sissoko. Sissoko has the energy over him, but Hamann is the master in his position and he's expierence must be a helpful to everyone on the training ground, especially to Xabi and Sissoko himself.

I guess all good things have to come to an end, but I must add that he is a big reason why old big ears and the F.A Cup are in the trophy room.

Maybe after the spell at Bolton he might be able to find a coaching job at melwood
Last edited by Alonso14 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:52 am

Hamann pulls out of Bolton deal. Dont know if its true as its only newspaper cr*p on skysports but I hope it is. Didi is too good to go to Bolton. I hope he now decides to stay at Anfield but if not I hope he goes back to Germany as I wouldnt like to see him playing against us.skysports
account deleted by request

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:40 am

Personally, I'd like to see him stay and maybe move "upstairs", maybe even see if McAllister could be tempted to join forces with him (i know he has a higher priority right now, but poss. in the future). I've always like Didi and you have to say, for a German to have a Scouse accent, there must be SOMETHING special about him.....If he goes go, then Auf Wiedersehen Herr Hamann - bis demnaechst !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill