Cisse - 3.5 enough?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby duk » Tue May 01, 2007 11:08 am

"Manchester City are ready to make a £3.5m move for Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse, who is currently on loan at Marseille. (Daily Mirror)"

Is that enough money?? what you lot think?
duk

Postby ckay » Tue May 01, 2007 12:42 pm

No one else seems to want him. May be a case of taking the hit and getting him off the wage bill. Shame it didn't work out for him at anfield. Just wrong timing i guess.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Tue May 01, 2007 3:51 pm

It all depends on the brain that take charge about liverpool financial affairs . If they are intersted  i think the deal would go thru , because personally i think personals that are in charge of liverpool finance sucks...juz look at the deal they made with carlsberg
Elchris

Postby red_guy » Thu May 03, 2007 7:15 am

Don't care. As long as we can sell Cisse. Better to sell him cheap than having nobody to get him and ending up paying his wages for nothing.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SuperScouser » Tue May 08, 2007 10:21 pm

Worth alot moe then 3.5m
SuperScouser

Postby europian-kings » Wed May 09, 2007 5:54 pm

he was pretty rubbish at the club and did very little but for some reason wenever he was on and running at the deffence i was lykin wat he was doin...id say 7mill at least
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Sun May 13, 2007 11:41 am

I really want to get him off our books, but at the same time, I do believe that 3,5 million would be too little. More like the double of that, as someone has already mentioned. Isn't he beginning to find form for Marseille aswell? Heard he scored both their goals in the french cup final yesterday at least.
JamCar05

Postby babu » Sun May 13, 2007 11:48 am

SuperScouser wrote:Worth alot moe then 3.5m

:D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 17, 2007 11:57 am

Marseille are reportedly looking into the possibility of keeping Djibril Cisse on loan for a further year.

Despite many critics and some difficult periods during his time at the Stade Velodrome, the French striker has scored 14 goals this season.

Marseille have the option to buy Cisse from Liverpool for €12million (£8.2million), but are unwilling to pay such a fee.

A reduced price of €7million (£4.8million) is a possibility, but an extension of his loan deal is the most likely option.

Marseille chairman Pape Diouf is waiting to begin talks with Liverpool and aims to have Cisse's future sorted soon.

"Liverpool are preparing for the UEFA Champions League final, and we are in the final run of Ligue 1," Diouf told L'Equipe.

"We all want to start talks after those key periods. We want to know more about next season, which could affect our future choices

sky sports
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was upset at perhaps only getting £3.5 million for him, another seasons loan ?  :angry:
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu May 17, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 17, 2007 12:11 pm

Liverpool should tell them to f'ck right off, ok lets let him play for Marseille for a full season until his contract is up, and then you can have him for nothing.
The cheeky b@stards.
I would make him play for the reserves if there is no other option. As i bet they are not even paying his full wages.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu May 17, 2007 12:34 pm

If the club is still considering loaning ... bloddy hell loan him to a premier league club.... at least if he had scored goals here his value would go up.....
Elchris

Postby kobashi » Thu May 17, 2007 1:00 pm

I think Sky Sports have added in the loan move themselves as it makes no sense when his contract is up next season. I think OM will have too pay £5.5m - £6.5m before rafa agrees too sell.
kobashi

Postby bigmick » Fri May 18, 2007 11:22 am

Its strange how the spectacle of Cisse's close season comings and goings seems to have quelled the Rafa v Houllier debate for the time being :D It really was a straggering piece of mismanagement to pay fourteen million pounds for Cisse, the worst piece of transfer business since we paid ten million for Diouf, which was the worst piece of judgement since we paid five million for Salif Diao etc etc. All of the above make the signing of Morientes for six million look like a fecking steal.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:25 pm

A couple of links on NewsNow.co.uk is saying that Newcastle have now entered the arena as a possible destination for unusually haired one. There is a "quote" on there supposedly from his agent saying that the barcodes would be Cisse's favoured destination.
Funny that, wasn't Marseille his preferred destination 12 months ago  :glare:

If they are interested it would seem like a good way to maybe entice them into letting Owen come back to anfield.
They let a quality striker join a quality team and we let a sh.it player join a sh.it team.  :D

Everybody wins!

As long as you're Liverpool  :p
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Fri May 18, 2007 6:27 pm

Cisse wants Champions League so the Newcastle move doesnt make sense.

I will try to lead my team into the Champions League because it is a competition I badly want to play," OM striker Djibril Cisse told the club's official website.

Cisse, who won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005, struck twice against Sochaux at the Stade de France last Saturday but his performance was not sufficient to give Marseille their first trophy in 14 years.

"I cannot be content with my double as the team did not win. Now, we must not let go because of this final we lost. We must bounce back to have a beautiful end to the season," the France striker added.
kobashi

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill