THE NEW LFC TRANSFER RUMOUR THREAD - Yes it's silly season time again folks

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:12 pm

The rumours are :censored: at the moment, absolutly nothing happening . It might be a good sign and Rafa will unvale 3 or 4 top quality signings soon .

It's all far to quiet .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:48 pm

its getting to be a pattern though. seems as though everyone and his dog has found a new club (slight exaggeration) and liverpool leave it til the last minute, where the owen's and simao's of the world can do the 'dirty' on us...

plenty of time left is true. a lot of targets are either on holiday or preparing for germany. and of course the world cup bandwagon steam-rollers all before it. but, the world cup will also add plenty of 'zero's' to a transfer figure...

with rafa officially stating he wanted all dealings to be cast in stone before the big event, it looks ever increasingly likely that the club will once again be left to set out its stall and its hand in the football auction rooms. at least for the big fish.

there is still 8 days to go, so no panic yet. though patience is indeed a virtue!  we'll have to wait and see. one thing that is evident is the lack of time after the finals until it all kicks of again. fingers crossed, this time there's no snags.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:16 am

CL winners last year, FA cup winners this year, third in the league with the last 12 games unbeaten, one of the best managers in the game and one of the best players in europe as captain and to top it all the unrivalled club history. Guys - any sensible player not targetted by Abramovich's money would be stark raving mad NOT to come to Liverpool at the moment. You gotta have more faith in the management and not get all worked up just because they keep their plans out of the papers.... :cool:

Look at it another way, every time Chelsea announce a top purchase, the value of Chelsea-wannabes goes down a peg or two? We should wait til they've fired their bullets then go pay realistic prices for the lads we want. We've got a stadium to pay for y'know...  :D
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:55 am

Reg wrote:CL winners last year, FA cup winners this year, third in the league with the last 12 games unbeaten, one of the best managers in the game and one of the best players in europe as captain and to top it all the unrivalled club history. Guys - any sensible player not targetted by Abramovich's money would be stark raving mad NOT to come to Liverpool at the moment. You gotta have more faith in the management and not get all worked up just because they keep their plans out of the papers.... :cool:

Look at it another way, every time Chelsea announce a top purchase, the value of Chelsea-wannabes goes down a peg or two? We should wait til they've fired their bullets then go pay realistic prices for the lads we want. We've got a stadium to pay for y'know...  :D

Mate - as impressive as that sounds.. We are not the only big club in Europe and we do not have the financial clout other clubs have.

Its all good and well, even if a player wants to come here but is under contract we have to have to the cash to meet the clubs evaluation.

Similar situation to a certain young Argentian player
PCG77

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:13 pm

Alvero Mejia off Real Madrid is latest rumour I have heard skysports

anyone know anything about him?
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:34 pm

s@int wrote:Alvero Mejia off Real Madrid is latest rumour I have heard skysports

anyone know anything about him?

i hope it is a rumor! he isn't good enough, watched him play with real madrid, absolutely not good enough for the squad. He makes too many mistakes, hope this is not true. and we dont need another defender
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:47 pm

What position does he play in defence and how old is he?

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:21 pm

s@int wrote:What position does he play in defence and how old is he?

He plays in the center of defence and i think he is 22 or 24 or maybe less i forgot his age. But what i have seen from him he isn't good enough (my best mate is a real madrid fan so i watch with him real madrid games and i watched meija play).

We will see Sabre's opinion on him too.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:25 pm

metalhead wrote:
s@int wrote:What position does he play in defence and how old is he?

He plays in the center of defence and i think he is 22 or 24 or maybe less i forgot his age. But what i have seen from him he isn't good enough (my best mate is a real madrid fan so i watch with him real madrid games and i watched meija play).

We will see Sabre's opinion on him too.

Yep central defence and is 24
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:34 pm

Sounds a bit disappointing to say the least :(

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:22 pm

Balls to Meija, I think we should go after 'Fred' :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:16 pm

Paul C wrote:Balls to Meija, I think we should go after 'Fred' :D

Flinstone? :D

or Mr I've got 20 odd names so I'll just call myself Fred :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:49 am

red37 wrote:its getting to be a pattern though. seems as though everyone and his dog has found a new club (slight exaggeration) and liverpool leave it til the last minute, where the owen's and simao's of the world can do the 'dirty' on us...

plenty of time left is true. a lot of targets are either on holiday or preparing for germany. and of course the world cup bandwagon steam-rollers all before it. but, the world cup will also add plenty of 'zero's' to a transfer figure...

with rafa officially stating he wanted all dealings to be cast in stone before the big event, it looks ever increasingly likely that the club will once again be left to set out its stall and its hand in the football auction rooms. at least for the big fish.

there is still 8 days to go, so no panic yet. though patience is indeed a virtue!  we'll have to wait and see. one thing that is evident is the lack of time after the finals until it all kicks of again. fingers crossed, this time there's no snags.

It could well be that we have agreed fees with the clubs and are waiting to talk to the players in-depth.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:24 am

when will a strijer come in? ???
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 007 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:59 am

redsince2001 wrote:when will a strijer come in? ???

Probably after the World Cup.

I trully hope we can get a real goal scorer. Owen will get my vote.

Watching Owen, Fowler and Gerrard play together will bring back sweet memories. :hearts
Liverpool for LIFE

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill