Create your own transfer rumour - Who's got what it takes to be a journo?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:58 pm

With the rumours flying fast and furious and with soaring expectations competing with crushing disappointment, all over a few paragraphs of ink on a page, I thought it was time to throw down the gauntlet and challenge members of this board to think like a journo.  That's right, you're under pressure from your editor for the latest scoop, you've got nothing substantive coming over the wires and you've got to produce headlines that grab the public's attention and fan the flames on footy message boards like this one the world over. 

What do you do?  Make the stuff up, of course! 

So, take your best shot.  Fabricate the most sensational yet still believable transfer rumour you can about Liverpool FC and let's see what we can collectively come up with.  Who knows, maybe there are journos on this site who will be kind enough to share our mallarky with the wider world?  :D

I'll start us off with a tame one: A straight-up swop deal...Sissoko to Juve in exchange for Trezeguet.  The paperwork will be done and dusted by Tuesday.  A press conference has been scheduled at Melwood for 15:00 GMT to announce Trezeguet's signature.  It's true, I tells ya...tell all your friends! :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:06 pm

Alonso to join Barcelona in exchange for Eto'o!

That seemed pretty believable to some!
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Reds to Bid for Brazilian Ace
By Abu Abid - created on June 9 2007

Liverpool are reported to make a bid for Roma right midfielder Alessandro Mancini.

Mancini told Spalleti that he wants to Leave Roma after falling out numerous times with captain Francesco Totti.

He initially signed a contract to keep him at Roma until 2009, but may be released by the club should they receive the right offer.

This has alerted Rafael Benitez, who is a keen admirer of Mancini's talents and he is ready to offer the Giallorossi side a bid around €13.5m (£9.2m).

Meanwhile, Liverpool are also reported to be interested in the unsettled West Ham player, Carlos Tevez, who is also a target of Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid and AC Milan.

-----------------

Took that from www.socca.com, very reliable source!! you heard it first here!

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:47 pm

people on some thread have been posting that they saw a guy that looks like henry walk into melwood. their mistaken. its actually kanoute. seville has agreed to sell him.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:49 pm

oops i meant ''they are''. not ''their''. typo.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Thingy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:33 pm

Liverpool are sensationally Trying to pursude Steve Staunton to come out of Retirement.

Staunton, Now Repuplic Of Ireland boss, had two stints at the Reds in his Playing Career. Rumours Started when Staunton was seen With Jermaine Pennant in a Driving Range On Merseyside.

Manager Rafa Benitez Has been quoted in saying" Steve is and was a great player. We need someone like him for experiance at the back as we sure will be fighting for Relegaton this year"

Although Now 38, Liverpool Belive he can stil cut it at the Highest level.
Thingy

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:35 pm

Local Merseyside reports have seen Erik Meijer house hunting in the liverpool area. - sunday sport
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Sensational reports eminating from Anfield suggest brothers Dan Tanner-of LA private detective fame- and Roscoe Tanner-1970's tennis serve legend- are to be paired at the centre of defence come the start of the 2007-8 season.

Personally I'm a little sceptical,  I'm sure they're not brothers.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:20 pm

I have just heard that Riise is off to Real Madrid for £9million. :(

LINK TO SKY SPORTS
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:07 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Alonso to join Barcelona in exchange for Eto'o!

Funny.
66-1112520797

Postby roberto green » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:19 pm

well i heard a little rumour liverpool have made a cheeky 5m swoop for henry plus sissoko in part exchange.there is alot going around on this story at the moment.  :pirate
roberto green

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:22 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Alonso to join Barcelona in exchange for Eto'o!

Funny.

Likewise
LFC2007

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:32 pm

The Independant

Sunday 10th of June written by BM

LIVERPOOL INTEREST NOT TONGE IN CHEEK

Liverpool football club are thought to be believed in signing Sheffield United star Michael Tonge, the fee thought to be around 3 million pounds has apparently been aproved by both clubs. Source's close to the deal (certain members of Newkitts famous forum) have no doubt in mind that Liverpools interest in Tonge is a closed book case. The source's, yes more than one, claim that manager Rafael Benitez doesnt actually have the money available even after the American takover recently. To buy higher profile players, but certain sectors of the Newkitt forum actually think Tonge is Rafa's first choice signing to replace the outward bound Harry Kewell, who himself is set on a Pilgrimidge to Lords (sp, bad Journilism) to find a cure for his constant " mythical " injuries.

Sectors of Newkitt who I can reveal my source's apparently believe Tonge has what it takes to fire the Reds to title glory next season. The young Yorkshireman was available for a brief interview last night and when posed the question of 'Michael is it true that you are going to join Liverpool football club' his reply was ... " Erh erh, I really hope so, that would be a major step up for me and I'd jump at the chance"
Although other sources from Newkitt say they think Rafa should be looking for " world class left wingers " that claim has been rubbished by certain sectors of Newkitt whpo firmly believe Tonge is Anfiled bound.

Last weeks press conferance at Anfield didnt seem to clear theair concerning Tonges transfer when Liverpool manager was asked " Rafa is it true your looking at the possibility of signing Michael Tonge ?" To which he replied " No ". Others had thought this to be a smokescreen as it was claimed a month or two ago Liverpool were eyeing up the prospect of making a bid for Valencias Vicente, but Newkitt members rubbished that as bad journilism and unreal to signing up a player of Vicent calibre, while deeming Tonge was a more realistic hope of signing.

EXCLUSIVE: Neil Warnock to be Rafael Benitez' number two..........
66-1112520797

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:44 pm

Bamaga man wrote:The Independant

Liverpool football club are thought to be believed in signing Sheffield United star Michael Tonge, the fee thought to be around 3 million pounds has apparently been aproved by both clubs. Source's close to the deal (certain members of Newkitts famous forum) have no doubt in mind that Liverpools interest in Tonge is a closed book case. The source's, yes more than one, claim that manager Rafael Benitez doesnt actually have the money available even after the American takover recently. To buy higher profile players, but certain sectors of the Newkitt forum actually think Tonge is Rafa's first choice signing to replace the outward bound Harry Kewell, who himself is set on a Pilgrimidge to Lords (sp, bad Journilism) to find a cure for his constant " mythical " injuries.

Sectors of Newkitt who I can reveal my source's apparently believe Tonge has what it takes to fire the Reds to title glory next season. The young Yorkshireman was available for a brief interview last night and when posed the question of 'Michael is it true that you are going to join Liverpool football club' his reply was ... " Erh erh, I really hope so, that would be a major step up for me and I'd jump at the chance"
Although other sources from Newkitt say they think Rafa should be looking for " world class left wingers " that claim has been rubbished by certain sectors of Newkitt whpo firmly believe Tonge is Anfiled bound.

Last weeks press conferance at Anfield didnt seem to clear theair concerning Tonges transfer when Liverpool manager was asked " Rafa is it true your looking at the possibility of signing Michael Tonge ?" To which he replied " No ". Others had thought this to be a smokescreen as it was claimed a month or two ago Liverpool were eyeing up the prospect of making a bid for Valencias Vicente, but Newkitt members rubbished that as bad journilism and unreal to signing up a player of Vicent calibre, while deeming Tonge was a more realistic hope of signing.

Funny
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:23 pm

Bamaga man wrote:The Independant

:laugh:

His mum and dad live near me, want me to nip round and check if he's coming?
account deleted by request

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill