THE NEW LFC TRANSFER RUMOUR THREAD - Yes it's silly season time again folks

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:32 pm

After serious discussion (honest) with the other moderators, and after a campaign by several members on here, it has been decided that we should start a new transfer rumour thread for all rumours regarding liverpool players leading up to the January transfer window. The silly season has already started and we are already being linked with several players so it seemed like the logical thing to do.

In the past, as I'm sure you are aware, we have ended up with a situation whereby the forum has had four or five threads telling us about the same rumour, merely because members (some of them new i admit) either don't know how to or just can't be @rsed to use the forum's search engine to see if topics are already being discussed. This just clogs up the forum unnecessarily and us moderators then end up having to delete and move threads continuously.

So I will make this pretty clear to everybody. If any of you read or hear any rumours with regards to players either coming to or leaving liverpool, PLEASE POST THEM HERE, whilst also remembering to quote the source from whereby you obtained the rumour in the first place so that others can verify it. By this I mean website addresses, not "my mate heard this etc etc".

For everyone's benefit, I will pin this topic so that it always remains at the top of the page alongside the forum rules, prediction competition etc when you click on any of the major forum sections.

Cheers
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:39 pm

i'VE HEARD WE'LL SIGN LEDLEY KING AND HIS WAGES WILL BE 8 GRAND A WEEK
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:52 pm

Kewell going to Aston Villa!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:57 pm

Daniel Agger

Link to rumour

Daniel Agger's progress in the last year is the biggest for a talent Denmark has seen since the arrival of Michael Laudrup in the early eighties. Those were the words said by the assistant manager of the Danish national team Keld Bordinggard, when he was asked to describe young defender Agger.

Laudrup is by far the best player ever to come from Denmark, and no one comes near Michael Laudrup - not even Peter Schmeichel. Laudrup like Agger played for Brondby, and Laudrup was very close to join Liverpool in 1983 - The negotiations collapsed and Laudrup joined Lazio in Italy. Agger is not a player like Laudrup, he is a defender but he could be world class and it is a hope of mine, that Liverpool will sign him. Whether or not Daniel Agger is on his way to Liverpool is off course impossible to say, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is on his way to a major European club be that Liverpool, Bayern Munich or another club in that class.

At the moment Agger is out with an injury, but when he comes back in January it will either be to play the last few months for his Danish club Brondby IF or to be sold without having played for three months. The only thing that could make him stay in Brondby is their manager, a former footballer by the name of.........yes Michael Laudrup. Last summer Laudrup put 19 year old Agger in to the first team in Brondby and Agger was an instant success. The left footed defender showed great skill on the ball and was unbeatable in the air if you add those things with speed and a calm head you've got a sparkling talent on his way up. within a year Agger has become a regular in the national team and the highest rated player in the Danish league.

In August he played from start in the international against England and after the game he had to take Wayne Rooney out of his pocket before leaving the stadium. Agger controlled Rooney throughout the game, the fact that Rooney scored had more to do with the fact that Denmark at that time were three goals up, more than with Agger making a mistake.

Agger is 189 cm high and weighs 80 kilos only a little bit smaller than Sami, and might not be as dominant in the air, but he is faster and is better with his feet, and could if needed play wide as left back. But Agger is a central defender, and a very calm one. He never panics and is always trying to play the ball. Daniel Agger is by no means a new Torben Piechnik.

In my talks with Danish football reporters and coaches and by watching him play on several occasions I'm no longer in any doubt that he could be the next big thing to come out of Denmark. The only question is not about his ability on the pitch but about his mind. It is always a big step to go abroad but I'm sure Michael Laudrup will give him some very good advice. And if Agger can be mentally strong enough he will be playing in a major European club within the next three to eight month.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:06 pm

Only 3 Players have to perform from now to 1/1/06. Cisse,Nadao,and Kewell will have to start Produce the goods week in week out.:blues: :blues:
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby drummerphil » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:07 pm

oh no the dreaded rumour thread has returned.......:laugh:

micheal owen anyone :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:13 pm

drummerphil wrote:oh no the dreaded rumour thread has returned.......:laugh:

micheal owen anyone :laugh:

Great isn't it!!  :D
Wonder how many players we will be associated with!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:23 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:there is no doubt in my mind that he is on his way to a major European club be that Liverpool, Bayern Munich or another club in that class.

I just luv reading stuff like that, luv it.  :buttrock
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:34 pm

sounds v.good, I know that we have been linked to him in the past, so it is fairly evident that Rafa rates him as a player of some potential. Never seen him play. Based on what I've seen, I would still go for ledley
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:45 pm

i know i've posted this before - but it took so fecking long to type i'm gonna milk it alright?

as far as January transfers go, i have heard / i will hear / it has been said / tribal football say / championship manager / talk fecking sport for jesus sake / the mirror website / welsh wizzard says that we will be / have been / might be / have had interest expressed in Dida, P Cech, G Buffon, O Kahn, E Van Der Sar, C Abbiati , J Lehmann, F Toldo, V Valdes, I Casillas, Vitor Baia, A Reinke, J Cesar, A Doblas, M Galinovic, M De Sanctis, H Vonk, M Almunia, Moreira, G Coupet, H Payer, T Howard, R Waterreus, M Barbosa, M Poom, S Viera, R Recber, T Sylva, H Da Silva Gomes, F Rost, D Zitka, T Butina, Volkan Demirel, A Nikopolidis, J Blazek , E Johnsen, E Jakupovic, J Cobej,  J Terry, R Ferdinand, A Nesta, R Carlos, L Thuram, P Maldini, M Silvestre, Cafu, W Gallas, W Samuel, G Heinze, A del Horno, P Ferreira, J Zebina, A Cole, F Cannavaro, G Neville, J Belletti, I Cordoba, A Costacurta, M Materazzi, J Stam, K Toure, Lucio, A Birindelli, V Bertotto, P Senderos, C Puyol, Luisão, R Carvalho, N Valente, M Salgado, R Sensini, R Arruabarrena, Lauren, P Lahm, W Bridge, A Reveillere, J Costa, Young-Pyo Lee, I Helguera, Melli, F Conceicao, J Heitinga, J OShea, Q Alvarez, Umit Davala, P Wome, R Kovac, S Campbell, Leo, W Sagnol, Fabio Luciano, P Emanuel, Ricardo Costa, J Woodgate, Z Pospech, L Fernandez, S Stensaas, Juarez, J Valgaeren, G Favalli, J Venta, F Baumann, M Reiziger, S Ramos, Edmilson, Oleguer Presas, Manuel dos Santos, M Kapsis, W Bouma, Raul Bravo, P Lukas, C Basma, C Natali, H Escude, Y Vanderhaeghe, P Clement, S Mihajlovic, F Ricksen, P Pasanen, Y Goumas, Oscar Lopez, G van Bronckhorst , Alex, Anderson, Onder Turaci, C Patsatzoglou, D Mavrogenidis, T Kiriakos, A Ooijer, F Pavon, M Cech, J Gutierrez, A Seric, I Kotsios, H Trabelsi , H Tihinen, V Kompany, B Maertens, O De C.ock, C Zanetti, W Brown, J Pierre-Fanfan, G Rodriguez, J van Damme, BT Kvarme, D Albertini , R Marquez, B Lizarazu, V Ismael , G Johnson, Servet Cetin, O Bernard, K Kaladze, P Cygan, Silvinho, G Pessotto, Pepe, G Clichy, Mahmut Erdogdu, Ronaldinho, P Nedved, D Beckham, P Scholes, Z Zidane, R Pires, M Ballack, P Juninho, C Ronaldo, F Ljungberg, M Van Bommel, D Duff, JS Veron, R Giggs, Deco, Ze Roberto, S Wright-Phillips, K Poborsky, J Vogel , A Hleb, J Cole, P Vieira, F Malouda, Xavi, B Schweinsteiger, D Stankovic, A Pirlo, A Karimi, M Diarra, P Cocu, J Zanetti, Park Ji-Sung, R Costa, M Camoranesi, Edu, M Essien, J Sorin, J Micoud, C Seedorf, G Zambrotta, A Pantos, M Motta, L Figo, A Tacchinardi, L Giuly, H Salihamidzic, S Appiah, G Giuliano, M Konstantinou, Diego, S Pienaar, D Fletcher, JR Riquelme, G Gattuso, Simão Sabrosa, Emerson, I Stoltidis, Guti, L Kobiashvili, M Hasek, A Rivera, M Assuncao, I Biscan, Vidigal, N de Jong, P Zetterberg, G Englebert, Josico, T Frings, Jorginho, F Fabregas, Gilberto Silva, M Scholl, O Hargreaves, C Makelele, B Pedretti, M Maric, T Gravesen, C Poulsen, K Kisel, F Winsnes, H Maduro, J Blondel, E Cambiasso, R Keane, T Motta, R Olivera, Fernando, Lucho, A Shevchenko, R van Nistelrooy, T Henry, Adriano, Raul, W Rooney, R Makaay, S Eto'o, Ronaldo, A Gilardino, J Baptista, B McCarthy, Kaka, H Crespo, Robinho, D Drogba, E Gudjohnsen, A Del Piero, PA Frau , S Wiltord, O Martins, C Vieri, J Vennegoor of Hesselink, M Owen, A Smith, Z Ibrahimovic, H Nilmar, K Kuranyi, A Charisteas, M Mpenza, C Pizarro, Da Marcus Beasley, N Anelka, D Trezeguet, Rivaldo, E Olisadebe, J Farfan, H Larsson, N Boukhari, Fred, R van Persie, L Saha, M Klose, F Inzaghi, R Oliveira, D Papadopoulos, D Prso, S Govou, S Larsen, D Forlan, Nuno Gomes, H Postiga, T Sokota, G Sibon, Joaquin Sanchez, F Johnsen, A Mutu, G Asamoah, D Bergkamp, J Carew, J Cruz, R Santa Cruz, Alex de Souza, M Zalayeta, C Mejolaro, E Sand, L Figueroa, T Gekas, R Babel, Serhat Akin, F Jeffers, J Portillo, S Torghelle, D Braaten, J Yulu-Matondo, J Halenar, P Lovenkrands, T Rodrigues and errrr.. Emille Heskey who is a world class player/promising youngster/valuablely experienced journeyman / bag of sh!te.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:48 pm

:bowdown

You know it's fun, it can be a welcome distraction and provides plenty of conversation for the pub! :wwww
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:57 pm

andy_g wrote:i know i've posted this before - but it took so fecking long to type i'm gonna milk it alright?

as far as January transfers go, i have heard / i will hear / it has been said / tribal football say / championship manager / talk fecking sport for jesus sake / the mirror website / welsh wizzard says that we will be / have been / might be / have had interest expressed in Dida, P Cech, G Buffon, O Kahn, E Van Der Sar, C Abbiati , J Lehmann, F Toldo, V Valdes, I Casillas, Vitor Baia, A Reinke, J Cesar, A Doblas, M Galinovic, M De Sanctis, H Vonk, M Almunia, Moreira, G Coupet, H Payer, T Howard, R Waterreus, M Barbosa, M Poom, S Viera, R Recber, T Sylva, H Da Silva Gomes, F Rost, D Zitka, T Butina, Volkan Demirel, A Nikopolidis, J Blazek , E Johnsen, E Jakupovic, J Cobej,  J Terry, R Ferdinand, A Nesta, R Carlos, L Thuram, P Maldini, M Silvestre, Cafu, W Gallas, W Samuel, G Heinze, A del Horno, P Ferreira, J Zebina, A Cole, F Cannavaro, G Neville, J Belletti, I Cordoba, A Costacurta, M Materazzi, J Stam, K Toure, Lucio, A Birindelli, V Bertotto, P Senderos, C Puyol, Luisão, R Carvalho, N Valente, M Salgado, R Sensini, R Arruabarrena, Lauren, P Lahm, W Bridge, A Reveillere, J Costa, Young-Pyo Lee, I Helguera, Melli, F Conceicao, J Heitinga, J OShea, Q Alvarez, Umit Davala, P Wome, R Kovac, S Campbell, Leo, W Sagnol, Fabio Luciano, P Emanuel, Ricardo Costa, J Woodgate, Z Pospech, L Fernandez, S Stensaas, Juarez, J Valgaeren, G Favalli, J Venta, F Baumann, M Reiziger, S Ramos, Edmilson, Oleguer Presas, Manuel dos Santos, M Kapsis, W Bouma, Raul Bravo, P Lukas, C Basma, C Natali, H Escude, Y Vanderhaeghe, P Clement, S Mihajlovic, F Ricksen, P Pasanen, Y Goumas, Oscar Lopez, G van Bronckhorst , Alex, Anderson, Onder Turaci, C Patsatzoglou, D Mavrogenidis, T Kiriakos, A Ooijer, F Pavon, M Cech, J Gutierrez, A Seric, I Kotsios, H Trabelsi , H Tihinen, V Kompany, B Maertens, O De C.ock, C Zanetti, W Brown, J Pierre-Fanfan, G Rodriguez, J van Damme, BT Kvarme, D Albertini , R Marquez, B Lizarazu, V Ismael , G Johnson, Servet Cetin, O Bernard, K Kaladze, P Cygan, Silvinho, G Pessotto, Pepe, G Clichy, Mahmut Erdogdu, Ronaldinho, P Nedved, D Beckham, P Scholes, Z Zidane, R Pires, M Ballack, P Juninho, C Ronaldo, F Ljungberg, M Van Bommel, D Duff, JS Veron, R Giggs, Deco, Ze Roberto, S Wright-Phillips, K Poborsky, J Vogel , A Hleb, J Cole, P Vieira, F Malouda, Xavi, B Schweinsteiger, D Stankovic, A Pirlo, A Karimi, M Diarra, P Cocu, J Zanetti, Park Ji-Sung, R Costa, M Camoranesi, Edu, M Essien, J Sorin, J Micoud, C Seedorf, G Zambrotta, A Pantos, M Motta, L Figo, A Tacchinardi, L Giuly, H Salihamidzic, S Appiah, G Giuliano, M Konstantinou, Diego, S Pienaar, D Fletcher, JR Riquelme, G Gattuso, Simão Sabrosa, Emerson, I Stoltidis, Guti, L Kobiashvili, M Hasek, A Rivera, M Assuncao, I Biscan, Vidigal, N de Jong, P Zetterberg, G Englebert, Josico, T Frings, Jorginho, F Fabregas, Gilberto Silva, M Scholl, O Hargreaves, C Makelele, B Pedretti, M Maric, T Gravesen, C Poulsen, K Kisel, F Winsnes, H Maduro, J Blondel, E Cambiasso, R Keane, T Motta, R Olivera, Fernando, Lucho, A Shevchenko, R van Nistelrooy, T Henry, Adriano, Raul, W Rooney, R Makaay, S Eto'o, Ronaldo, A Gilardino, J Baptista, B McCarthy, Kaka, H Crespo, Robinho, D Drogba, E Gudjohnsen, A Del Piero, PA Frau , S Wiltord, O Martins, C Vieri, J Vennegoor of Hesselink, M Owen, A Smith, Z Ibrahimovic, H Nilmar, K Kuranyi, A Charisteas, M Mpenza, C Pizarro, Da Marcus Beasley, N Anelka, D Trezeguet, Rivaldo, E Olisadebe, J Farfan, H Larsson, N Boukhari, Fred, R van Persie, L Saha, M Klose, F Inzaghi, R Oliveira, D Papadopoulos, D Prso, S Govou, S Larsen, D Forlan, Nuno Gomes, H Postiga, T Sokota, G Sibon, Joaquin Sanchez, F Johnsen, A Mutu, G Asamoah, D Bergkamp, J Carew, J Cruz, R Santa Cruz, Alex de Souza, M Zalayeta, C Mejolaro, E Sand, L Figueroa, T Gekas, R Babel, Serhat Akin, F Jeffers, J Portillo, S Torghelle, D Braaten, J Yulu-Matondo, J Halenar, P Lovenkrands, T Rodrigues and errrr.. Emille Heskey who is a world class player/promising youngster/valuablely experienced journeyman / bag of sh!te.

I hear that too - boy you must have the same sources as me!!!  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:12 pm

never see them coming Andy :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:34 pm

YEEEA, THE RUMOURS THREADS BACK :buttrock  :D I wonder what sh!te is gonna be put in here this time..... :laugh:
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:42 pm

looks like 3 players are defo coming to anfield!
gonzalez, simao and an mystery centre back!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill