THE NEW LFC TRANSFER RUMOUR THREAD - Yes it's silly season time again folks

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:52 pm

I quite depressed with the transfer market activity so far.........which players hav we been linked with,let me see,kuyt,alves,pennant--that's all.Can't see us winning the title this year with only these purchases.

But who knows maybe and hopefully I'll be prooved wrong and u guys can slaughter me then.:(
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby clik » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:55 pm

many signings dont win titles good signings do trust in Rafa he will bring the grail home:laugh:
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby clik » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:38 am

David Raven joins Carlisle on 2 yr deal
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:22 pm

Aeurilo has joined
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:23 pm

the valencia full back.....from football365
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:33 pm

I'm still not believing anything till' its been officially announced on the .tv site. :D

But I guess the Aurelio deal is a formality. Its been that way for months anyways.

Just a matter of scratching an X on a piece of paper and holding a press conference.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:44 pm

Read earlier that Real Betis have tabled a £1 million bid to bring fullback Antonio Barragan to their club.

Real Betis coach Javier Irureta wants to bring AB back to Spain on a two-season loan with a view to a permanent deal.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:28 pm

I really don't get why people are moaning about the "lack of transfer activity".

The window has only been open for 2 days, the World Cup's still on, and we've already signed two players. We're a damn sight more active than most other clubs out there.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:33 pm

redsince2001 wrote:I quite depressed with the transfer market activity so far.........which players hav we been linked with,let me see,kuyt,alves,pennant--that's all.Can't see us winning the title this year with only these purchases.

???  Go and support Chelsea then if you dont like it, god Id hate to be at a party with you  :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:36 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:I really don't get why people are moaning about the "lack of transfer activity".

The window has only been open for 2 days, the World Cup's still on, and we've already signed two players. We're a damn sight more active than most other clubs out there.

2 days?  ???
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:11 pm

Looks like Aurelio has signed!!!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/aurelio/

This is giving a "You don't have permission to access that resource" where before it was giving "Resource has moved or Doesn't exist"

I suspect the page will have the permissions changed later when it's made official on the LFC site
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:14 pm

if you noticed, in Rafas condolences to Valencia he mentioned Aurelio as a liverpool player yesterday.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:44 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:I really don't get why people are moaning about the "lack of transfer activity".

Agreed mate, look at the manc sc*m they havn't signed anyone yet!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:47 pm

Reds back in for Joaquin
By Mark Kendall -  Created on 4 Jul 2006

Reports in Spain claim Liverpool have rekindled their interest in Real Betis star Joaquin.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is desperate to bring in a right-sided midfielder and has been chasing Sevilla's Daniel Alves.

However, he appears to have been priced out of a move for the Brazilian having refused to meet the Primera outfit's asking price.

It now seems he has retrained his sights on Joaquin whom he was linked with last season.

The wide man has just returned from World Cup duty and has made it clear that he intends to depart Betis for a new challenge this summer.

Los Verdiblancos are ready to grant him his wish with new president Pepe Leon admitting he will cash in if the right offer comes along.

"Betis would be equally happy to keep Joaquin or to have their coffers full," Leon stated. "Him leaving would not ruin the dream (of taking over as president) for me.

"There have always been a lot of teams after the player, but nobody has yet decided to make the final move."

Liverpool could be about to change all that with Spanish sources suggesting they will offer €16 million (£10 million) plus Antonio Barragan, Jerzy Dudek and Boudewijn Zenden to land their man.

However, it now appears unlikely that Barragan will be used as a makeweight in the deal as he is close to agreeing a move to Deportivo La Coruna.

Betis were interested in the young defender, but the chance to link up with former coach Joaquin Caparros - with whom he worked at Sevilla before joining Liverpool - seems to have swayed Barragan towards Depor.

His agent has revealed a deal is close to being finalised, with Liverpool ready to sell the 19-year-old but with the insertion of a buy-back clause that would allow them to repurchase him should he impress.

"I believe the transfer could be closed in the next few hours because the differences between Liverpool and Deportivo are not too great," stated the player's agent Fermin Gutierrez.

"It will be a sale with the option for the English team to buy him back."Link to Story on SSN
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:04 pm

I would take Joaquin over Alves as he is an out and out winger!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill