THE NEW LFC TRANSFER RUMOUR THREAD - Yes it's silly season time again folks

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby RedWolf35 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:15 am

we have sold Morienties and Cisse will be departing soon

Rafa has publicy stated that we need a prolific goalscorer, however, he is going to keep his cards very close to his chest as he does not want to pay inflated fee's like some muppet with a tan.

anyone wonder why we are probably going for Pennant at 3.5 mil when we have 20 mill + to spend???

think about it we are going to announce a big name striker very soon......

FACT

:D

I do not want to get all of you Owen fans moist but the way him and Crouchie have been playing together for England ?????
RedWolf35

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:36 pm

I heard this rumour this morning but as I had no source (and none have appeared since) I decided not to bother but Im so fkin bored I thought I would share it. Agguero deal has fallen through due to finance problems and he is now headed for Anfield. I would like it to be true but think its cr*p myself.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:35 pm

s@int wrote:I heard this rumour this morning but as I had no source (and none have appeared since) I decided not to bother but Im so fkin bored I thought I would share it. Agguero deal has fallen through due to finance problems and he is now headed for Anfield. I would like it to be true but think its cr*p myself.

Didn't augero officially sign with athletico? so i think its a rumor
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:02 am

Yeah i thought aguero had already signed for atletico
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:05 pm

I am also bored with the lack of activity but what can we do. Just hope Rafa sorts it out.

The interest in Pennant is being backed by Gerrard, Carra and Crouch apparently. I would like to see him (pennant) at Anfield.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:37 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I am also bored with the lack of activity but what can we do. Just hope Rafa sorts it out.

The interest in Pennant is being backed by Gerrard, Carra and Crouch apparently. I would like to see him (pennant) at Anfield.

Not sure id like to see him here, i wouldnt want him to be our main winger anyway
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:23 pm

By next season we should have VARIOUS options for the wing areas. Gonzales, Kewell, Alves (hopefully), Gerrard, Pennant, Anderson. Depending on what Rafa's formation is will depend on what combo of the aforementioned plays.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:51 pm

Sunday People reporting Rafa gonna bid £1.5m for Mark Viduka
puroresu

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:53 pm

puroresu wrote:Sunday People reporting Rafa gonna bid £1.5m for Mark Viduka

Really hope that's rubbish.  We badly need a bit of pace up front.  If we get Viduka to play with Crouch we will have the same problems we had playing Crouch and Morientes together.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:17 am

2520years wrote:So we're coming to the end of May.  I've summarized this month's rumours to see how we're doing with them actually coming true.

Players we're rumoured to be buying:
Not true; Aguero, DiViao.
Not true, yet at least; Viduka, Joaquin, Owen, Melli, Alves, Downing, Defoe, Prieto, Averlio, coach Macia.

Players we're rumoured to be selling:
Not true yet at least; Dudek, Cisse, LeTallec, Kewell.

And I'll put all the true ones (players bought and sold) together to save time and huge amounts of typing; err...Morientes.

So, how would you rate our performance?
I suppose it shows
1) how much we can trust the media
2) how Rafa won't be rushed.

Update as of 23/6/6:

Hired Macia as coach.
Bought Craig Bellamy.
Probably bought Kuyt?
Probably bought Alves?

Sold Morientes.
Probably loaned out Cisse?

Is this right?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm sure I've forgotten someone but my brain is kinda in and out.
:help
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby sworth26 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:32 am

2520years wrote:
2520years wrote:So we're coming to the end of May.  I've summarized this month's rumours to see how we're doing with them actually coming true.

Not true, yet at least; Viduka, Joaquin, Owen, Melli, Alves, Downing, Defoe, Prieto, Averlio, coach Macia.

And I'll put all the true ones (players bought and sold) together to save time and huge amounts of typing; err...Morientes.

I suppose it shows

Update as of 23/6/6:

Hired Macia as coach.
Bought Craig Bellamy.
Probably bought Kuyt?
Probably bought Alves?

Sold Morientes.

Is this right?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm sure I've forgotten someone but my brain is kinda in and out.

Yep, that's about the size of it.  However, I think the chances of us signing both Alves & Kuyt.  With Bellamy that would be knocking on the door of 30 Million and I think, without the sale of Cisse, that will be too much for us in one Window....
sworth26

Postby sworth26 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:33 am

2520years wrote:

I suppose it shows

Update as of 23/6/6:

Hired Macia as coach.
Bought Craig Bellamy.
Probably bought Kuyt?
Probably bought Alves?

Sold Morientes.

Yep, that's about the size of it.  However, I think the chances of us signing both Alves & Kuyt are slim.  With Bellamy that would be knocking on the door of 30 Million and I think, without the sale of Cisse, that will be too much for us in one Window....
sworth26

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:39 am

There was a rumour on talksport this morning that a big named footballer had arrived in Liverpool last night/this morning. I was a passenger in a car and was talking so therfore missed the name of the individual. Anybody else on here hear it and can maybe confirm who it is??

I do recall StMike saying that Alves would sign today! Here's hoping!! :;):
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby clik » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:55 pm

yesterday graham beecroft [talksport] said alves would sign today but beeky said owen was dead cert to return!!!!! to many rumours
if he does join what does this mean for Kromkamp?
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:59 pm

Before anyone mentions it, I know TribalFootball is not to be trusted - but then this is the Rumour Section after all.

Liverpool boss Benitez eyeing Atletico Madrid kid Regalon
tribalfooball.com - June 27, 2006

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has made inquiries after Atletico Madrid youngster Paco Regalon.

The teenage defender is rated one of the brightest talents in Spain and Benitez has spoken with his junior coaches about his progress this year.

Though he isn't tied to a pro deal at Atletico, Regalon actually twice played for Atletico B last season and could break into the first team during the coming campaign.

Liverpool have already managed to prise Antonio Barragan from Sevilla in the last 12 months and now is considering a similar move for Regalon.

Atletico directors are aware of Benitez's interest and are desperate not to see Regalon go the same way as Barragan, Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal) and Gerard Pique (Manchester United).
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill