THE NEW LFC TRANSFER RUMOUR THREAD - Yes it's silly season time again folks

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue May 23, 2006 11:01 am

Liverpool are ready to swallow a £5m loss to let striker Fernando Morientes join Real Betis for £2m. (Mirror)

Maybe use Morientes a make weight for a Joaquin bid??
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue May 23, 2006 11:03 am

A.B. wrote:
ANOTHER CENTRAL DEFENDER?? IS RAFA PLANNING ON PLAYING A 6-3-1 FORMATION NEXT SEASON?!?!?

Squad rotation anyone? We all know that Benitez likes to rotate and it will be needed. It was needed this season but we didn't have the defenders to do it, Carra had to keep playing with pain in his foot and Hyypia played with an illness against Chelsea at Anfield [got beat 4-1 that day].

Paletta is still young and so is Agger, neither of them are exactly experienced. There's nothing wrong with being prepared.

My comments were said a little tongue in cheek. As I have said before, the more quality the better as far as I am concerned. I agree that Palletta, Agger and Melli are all young and will take time to get used to Premiership and life at LFC. That is of course if we actually sign Melli!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Tue May 23, 2006 8:57 pm

Btw, Melli was supposed to be used in the deal with Morientes, but we've declined that offer from Betis as we're covered in the area.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Alonso14 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:44 am

Liverpool have entered the race to sign Mark Viduka, who says Steve McClaren's departure could spark his own move from Middlesbrough. (Mail)

Source: BBC Gossip

Showed last season he's not too bad, might be getting on a bit though?

And since we still got fowler as well, could it be wise? Unless Rafa is planning on bringing in 2 strikers i wouldnt think so.

But if he got rid of Cisse and Morientes, then a Viduka, Fowler, Crouch and Kuyt, would seem a very dangerous force.

Other news from the Gossip bit:

Chelsea's Shaun Wright-Phillips will be on his way to Newcastle if Magpies boss Glenn Roeder has his way. (Mail)

Holland's Dirk Kuyt says Liverpool have made a fresh bid for him after having a £10m offer rejected by Feyenoord. (Sun)
Last edited by Alonso14 on Wed May 24, 2006 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed May 24, 2006 9:51 am

That's all we need - another immobile attacker.  TBH I can't see that one coming true unless the newly-appointed Australian captain has some coaching in mind.  But even then, he's not exactly examplary on the field because of his sulky nature.  I think I'd prefer Bellamy, at least he's got pace.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby bigmick » Wed May 24, 2006 10:33 am

Alonso14 wrote:Liverpool have entered the race to sign Mark Viduka, who says Steve McClaren's departure could spark his own move from Middlesbrough. (Mail)

Mark Viduka? In fairness I know you are merely the messenger mate but that is in the Alonso to Villa class. He is, like the previous player we took from Middlesboro, garbage.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed May 24, 2006 10:50 am

Mick, what are your thoughts on Zenden, I personally thought he wasn't too bad before he got injured. And Im sure Rafa will be keeping him for next season.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PCG77 » Wed May 24, 2006 11:30 am

bigmick wrote:
Alonso14 wrote:Liverpool have entered the race to sign Mark Viduka, who says Steve McClaren's departure could spark his own move from Middlesbrough. (Mail)

Mark Viduka? In fairness I know you are merely the messenger mate but that is in the Alonso to Villa class. He is, like the previous player we took from Middlesboro, garbage.

what have you been smoking? Mark Viduka is 10 times a better target man than the average Peter Crouch. Viduka was the reason why Middlesborough made the UEFA Cup final.

Viduka has scored at every club he has been at. When he is on song he is unstoppable.

It was only a few years back that the V-bomber knocked in 4 against us......

I am not saying he is the right striker for our current needs but he is alot better option than better crouch. his ability to hold up the ball and his close control is sensational. He would bring Robbie into the game big time...
PCG77

Postby bigmick » Wed May 24, 2006 11:54 am

PCG77 wrote:what have you been smoking? Mark Viduka is 10 times a better target man than the average Peter Crouch. Viduka was the reason why Middlesborough made the UEFA Cup final.

Not smoking anything at all bud. Gave up the spliff in my twenties and the sixty a day fag habit two years ago. My opinion is based on my notion that the "V bomber, lol" operates the majority of the season at roughly two stone over his ideal weight, lacks any semblence of mobility and is a journeyman at best, and a mercenary at worst.
Sure he had a stormer against us for Leeds a few years back and aided by some pretty awful defending scored four goals. I think I'm correct in saying though that in that season, despite his healthy return in that one game he didn't figure anywhere near the top of the scoring charts in the Premiership. I would guess you will counter that by saying he's not an out and out goalscorer, that his role is more one of holding the ball up and bringing others into play etc etc. I would concede that but for me he is far too static and has far too many games in which he drifts through proceedings, happy to take the money but less willing to put any effort in.
I am also surprised by your Crouch comparison. I certainly feel Crouch is much the better player of the two who will improve dramatically from where he is today. Ultimately though, it's not about who's been smoking what, it's about an opinion. I am very happy with mine as you clearly are with yours.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 24, 2006 12:22 pm

bigmick wrote:
PCG77 wrote:what have you been smoking? Mark Viduka is 10 times a better target man than the average Peter Crouch. Viduka was the reason why Middlesborough made the UEFA Cup final.

Not smoking anything at all bud. Gave up the spliff in my twenties and the sixty a day fag habit two years ago. My opinion is based on my notion that the "V bomber, lol" operates the majority of the season at roughly two stone over his ideal weight, lacks any semblence of mobility and is a journeyman at best, and a mercenary at worst.
Sure he had a stormer against us for Leeds a few years back and aided by some pretty awful defending scored four goals. I think I'm correct in saying though that in that season, despite his healthy return in that one game he didn't figure anywhere near the top of the scoring charts in the Premiership. I would guess you will counter that by saying he's not an out and out goalscorer, that his role is more one of holding the ball up and bringing others into play etc etc. I would concede that but for me he is far too static and has far too many games in which he drifts through proceedings, happy to take the money but less willing to put any effort in.
I am also surprised by your Crouch comparison. I certainly feel Crouch is much the better player of the two who will improve dramatically from where he is today. Ultimately though, it's not about who's been smoking what, it's about an opinion. I am very happy with mine as you clearly are with yours.

And I'm pretty happy with your opinion to on Viduka, I reckon you've hit the nail on the head and summed him up perfectly in my eyes anyway.
66-1112520797

Postby 2520years » Wed May 24, 2006 12:23 pm

What would it tell us if Viduka was signed?  Nando is leaving?  I just can't see Rafa going for Viduka.  At this rate we'll have so many attackers who play with their back to goal, ALL our goals will come from midfield!
:(
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Paul C » Wed May 24, 2006 12:27 pm

I can't see Rafa going for Viduka, the guy isn't good for team spirit, plus him and Kewell aren't exactly best mates.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed May 24, 2006 12:37 pm

NO NO NO NO NO

VIDUKA JUST WON'T BE AT ANFIELD!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 24, 2006 1:00 pm

I even preferred the Bellamy rumour to this one :(
account deleted by request

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:05 pm

Viduka.....It goes from bad to worse!  Why not try and tempt Shearer out of retirement!  Are we not trying to challenge Chelsea on a somewhat realistic front?  Do we not what to have a fighting chance come next May?  Then why the FU(K are we even considering this?  We need quality.  I don't care were it comes from, Sheva, Villa, whoever, but we need someone who is going to score 20+ goals a season, and I'm not talking about Steve from the midfield. And I'm not talking about someone over 30, overweight, over-the-hill and not good enough for Liverpool.

Rant over.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill