Tevez in talks for £30m real madrid switch - Damn shame

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:51 pm

Tevez in talks for £30m Real Madrid switch

Real Madrid are in talks with Carlos Tevez's owner Kia Joorabchian over a controversial £30million deal.

The Spanish champions have held a meeting between top negotiator Predrag Mijatovic and Joorabchian, who still claims to have the rights to West Ham's Argentina striker.

Tevez's future could be decided in the next 48 hours, with Inter Milan also keen, but both Liverpool and Chelsea are reluctant to meet Joorabchian's asking price.

Hammers chairman Eggert Magnusson insists his club own Tevez, but Joorabchian is blatantly hawking him around Europe.

Now Real are the most likely buyers as they are happy to pay the fee demanded by Joorabchian and the investors behind MSI, who took Tevez to Brazilian side Corinthians.

The bottom line is that Joorabchian and his money men have to make a big profit. Tevez's storming finish to the Premiership season means he is a hot property again.

However, questions will be asked once Real come to buy Tevez - including where the money goes.

West Ham claimed they ripped up their agreement with Joorabchian, but the wheeler-dealer still expects to pocket all the cash.

The Premier League's arbitration panel are currently studying the Tevez case and news that he is about to be sold over West Ham's head may give them food for thought.

Meanwhile, the Hammers are in the hunt for Blackburn striker Benni McCarthy, who appears on collision course with Ewood Park boss Mark Hughes after openly angling for a move.

McCarthy said: "I am very flattered to be linked with clubs like Chelsea and West Ham."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:57 pm

He is not worth 30mil but he will be a great player.
grayghost

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:58 pm

If Bent goes for 16 million, then in principle Tevez is worth 20-25.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:59 pm

I can see any move for Tevez becoming protracted and very messy seeing as there are two parties laying claim to his ownership (Joorabchin & West Ham).
I just can't see how the hammers can claim to have ripped up any agreement with MSI for his ownership and then say that THEY own him. I know we don't have all the ins and outs of the transfer to west ham but surely if thwey haven't paid a fee to his owners (whoever the fook that is) then he is only on loan to them.

It'll be a shame to see him go to a club other than us but he has supposedly said that he wants a move to Real Madrid so I suppose once there is a chance of a move to them he'll be moer favourable to their approach.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:59 pm

It is so laughable to hear West Ham say they own Tevez and the ripped up contract means nothing.
puroresu

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:00 pm

How nice would it have been to have gotten Tevez on loan in January alongside Mascherano?  Since then he's had his inevitable purple patch (almost single-handedly keeping West Ham up in the process) and his price has skyrocketed.  I just can't see us competing for his signature in this market unless we are prepared to bin all of our other transfer aspirations and plunge both feet into the bidding war.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:06 pm

I know where you're coming from Bob but the 2 teams above us simply go splash the cash then close the door again. If we bought Tevez, then Lyon, Roma, Lisbon etc.. who hold our other targets would realise they've missed the gravy train and would have to become more realisitic with their prices. Only the first seller to agree terms will get the juicy bone, the others will have to compromise - 'sorry mate, just spent all my money.... but I can give you xyz and a packet of Rizzlas... '
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:30 pm

Carlos Tevez admits he is 'excited' by the possibility of interest from Arsenal.

The striker is considering his future, with West Ham United hoping to hang on to the Argentine after his influential end to last season.

He has been linked with Real Madrid and Internazionale, and has also suggested he is looking to join a big club over the summer.

Rumours have now claimed that Arsenal could move for Tevez following the departure of captain Thierry Henry to Barcelona.

Tevez, who is on Copa America duty with Argentina, concedes he would relish the chance of a move to Emirates Stadium as he is keen to stay in the Premier League.

"I know people are now talking about Arsenal and obviously that is something I am excited about," said Tevez in the Sun.

"It's another big club and the good thing is I wouldn't have to move out of London. I also already know English football and I like it.

"Arsenal's style is more technical than physical, so I could fit in no problem.

"My transfer is being talked about a lot. It's beautiful to be wanted by various clubs."

Meanwhile, Tevez told Gazzetta dello Sport that he would plump for Inter ahead of Real, if he was given the choice.

He said: "Inter is a great club. There is a true possibility that I will wear the Nerazzurri colours next season.

"It's also true that Real Madrid are interested in my services, but my agent knows exactly how I feel about it - better Inter than Real."

Could be a possibility this, they need to some how please the fans after selling their captain, would they spend that much though ? ???
destro

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:36 pm

Bad Bob wrote:How nice would it have been to have gotten Tevez on loan in January alongside Mascherano?  Since then he's had his inevitable purple patch (almost single-handedly keeping West Ham up in the process) and his price has skyrocketed.  I just can't see us competing for his signature in this market unless we are prepared to bin all of our other transfer aspirations and plunge both feet into the bidding war.

I said we should have got him in January if you remember Bob, before he had even scored a goal for them  :(  I bet we could have got him for £10/15million at that time.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:53 pm

I don't think we could have bought him outright for £10-15m in January given MSI paid £14m for him, we may well have been able to agree a loan similar to Mascherano's one but I doubt they would have sanctioned an outright sale - especially not for that price.
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:25 am

destro wrote:Carlos Tevez admits he is 'excited' by the possibility of interest from Arsenal.

The striker is considering his future, with West Ham United hoping to hang on to the Argentine after his influential end to last season.

He has been linked with Real Madrid and Internazionale, and has also suggested he is looking to join a big club over the summer.

Rumours have now claimed that Arsenal could move for Tevez following the departure of captain Thierry Henry to Barcelona.

Tevez, who is on Copa America duty with Argentina, concedes he would relish the chance of a move to Emirates Stadium as he is keen to stay in the Premier League.

"I know people are now talking about Arsenal and obviously that is something I am excited about," said Tevez in the Sun.

"It's another big club and the good thing is I wouldn't have to move out of London. I also already know English football and I like it.

"Arsenal's style is more technical than physical, so I could fit in no problem.

"My transfer is being talked about a lot. It's beautiful to be wanted by various clubs."

Meanwhile, Tevez told Gazzetta dello Sport that he would plump for Inter ahead of Real, if he was given the choice.

He said: "Inter is a great club. There is a true possibility that I will wear the Nerazzurri colours next season.

"It's also true that Real Madrid are interested in my services, but my agent knows exactly how I feel about it - better Inter than Real."

Could be a possibility this, they need to some how please the fans after selling their captain, would they spend that much though ? ???

looks like we missed the boat on this one... if the player mentions about wanting to join other clubs and doesn't mention us... means he doesn't want to join us... shitty little bugger... I question his judgement on showing preference on arsenal over us when they are going through a very uncertain period...

looks like I'm gonna just have to make myself like torres abit more... on second look torres doesn't look too bad... he seems like an all rounded striker... torres torres  :buttrock ... :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:00 am

This Tevez guy seems to answer something depending on who asks.

He has answered to the Madrid press that he preffers Internazionale rather than Real Madrid, despite Madrid has contacted him.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:33 pm

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:01 pm

Hopefully we can afford both Torres AND Tevez, that would make the Mancs sit up and take notice! It would send the message out that we arn't p!ssing around this season.
account deleted by request

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:53 pm

Masch said he´s coming to Liverpool remember..... he´s just trying to get the best deal but the Lone Musketeer is not going to fall for that.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill