Real madrid will be annoying us - In the next few days. alonso

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:48 am

from SSN

Liverpool are thought to be planning another raid on Spain for Real Madrid youngster Esteban Granero.

Reports emanating from Spain suggests Liverpool are planning a move for the highly-rated midfielder.

Granero is currently plying his trade at Madrid B side's Castilla and he has impressed in the Segunda Liga.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has been alerted to the attacking midfielder by his Spanish scouting staff and he is believed to be a big fan of Granero.

Benitez is looking to bring in a new midfielder ahead of the new season and he could make a move for the Spanish youth international.

The 18-year-old is highly-regarded within the corridors of Real Madrid and the Spanish giants are determined to keep hold of the young talent.

--------------------------

I'm just wondering if Madrid do make a move for alonso, Rafa might be tempted if they add Granero into the deal aswell. I really hope that alonso stays but there is an element of doubt in my mind.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:56 am

adamnbarrett wrote:from SSN

Liverpool are thought to be planning another raid on Spain for Real Madrid youngster Esteban Granero.

Reports emanating from Spain suggests Liverpool are planning a move for the highly-rated midfielder.

Granero is currently plying his trade at Madrid B side's Castilla and he has impressed in the Segunda Liga.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has been alerted to the attacking midfielder by his Spanish scouting staff and he is believed to be a big fan of Granero.

Benitez is looking to bring in a new midfielder ahead of the new season and he could make a move for the Spanish youth international.

The 18-year-old is highly-regarded within the corridors of Real Madrid and the Spanish giants are determined to keep hold of the young talent.

I'm just wondering if Madrid do make a move for alonso, Rafa might be tempted if they add Granero into the deal aswell. I really hope that alonso stays but there is an element of doubt in my mind.

Anyone called Esteban always reminds me of 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold' cartoon series in the 80s. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:17 pm

(Esteban=Steven)

Granero is a good but too young player, he hasn't played in primera so far so I hardly think Rafa wants him for the first team.

That news also could be read here, but he's a hot prospect, not a reality, so far he's only played in Real Madrid B, in lower divisions.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:21 pm

we are signing...

0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:22 pm

stmichael wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:from SSN

Anyone called Esteban always reminds me of 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold' cartoon series in the 80s. :D

lol, that flying gold bird was kool!!!  :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:56 pm

Sabre, isn't Campo Basque? We shouldn't totaly write out the fact that he won't join Madrid just because he's Basque because it has happened before.

But, Alonso is a very loyal lad who is happy to win medals in Liverpool.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:28 pm

Sabre, isn't Campo Basque? We shouldn't totaly write out the fact that he won't join Madrid just because he's Basque because it has happened before.

Yep you're right, so was Mikel Lasa, Karanka, Alkorta and a few more Real Madrid players. But I didn't feel like telling St Michael that's not an universal rule  :)

But none of the mentioned by me were in a top club before joining Real Madrid, and THAT's a difference.

I don't think Xabi is willing to go there: he's reached to the national squad being in Liverpool, he's won the champions league and the F.A cup, he is loved there, respected here because Liverpool is respected here... so Xabi doesn't concern me.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:41 pm

Now regarding this Madrid youngster we've been linked with, I hear he's quite a prospect. Some consider him better than Fabregas
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:47 pm

I'm not worried in the slightest.  Xabi's happy here.  Rafa's intent on keeping him.  He's going nowhere! :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:15 pm

cr@ptalk translated a spanish media on xabi-madrid
(wasn't mentioned if this is the one that sabre refers to)

REAL ALREADY IN TALKS OVER ALONSO DEAL

The stumbling block is the 25 million euro asking price....

Real Madrid are still dreaming of seeing Xabi Alonso in a white shirt. Predrag Mijatovic (ex-Real star and new director of football under Fabio Capello) has already inquired about Alonso's contract at Liverpool, in case the Fabregas deal goes through but rumours in England suggest that Liverpool would not let Alonso go for less than €25m (£17m).

Capello is a big fan of Alonso and does not understand how Madrid could have let him sign for Liverpool two seasons ago when they had him in their sights. That season, José Antonio Camacho was the Real boss and his preferred target was Patrick Vieira at the time.

Real Madrid did make an offer of €12m euros for Alonso but the then Sociedad president refused the offer and sold him for €17m to Liverpool instead. In the end, Real missed out on both Vieira and Alonso.

Capello has now asked Mijatovic to negotiate with Liverpool and reduce their asking price.

The Real manager considers Alonso an ideal partner for Emerson in central midfield, the Brazilian providing the muscle and tactical discipline and Alonso the intelligence and vision, with the added physical presence he has acquired in the Premiership.

Alonso's agent referred Real Madrid to Liverpool when they inquired about his availablity. He does not want to risk making any false moves after his transfer to Real fell through in 2004.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:42 pm

Pardon my french.

Get 2 fuck you shower of mercenry kuntos.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:43 pm

Hope we dont let them cu.nts steal him, why would we want to sell one of our most important players, i thought we are aiming to have a title challenging team, how would this help us. Hope Rafa doesnt decide to sell
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby coddy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:28 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:cr@ptalk translated a spanish media on xabi-madrid
(wasn't mentioned if this is the one that sabre refers to)

REAL ALREADY IN TALKS OVER ALONSO DEAL

The stumbling block is the 25 million euro asking price....

Real Madrid are still dreaming of seeing Xabi Alonso in a white shirt. Predrag Mijatovic (ex-Real star and new director of football under Fabio Capello) has already inquired about Alonso's contract at Liverpool, in case the Fabregas deal goes through but rumours in England suggest that Liverpool would not let Alonso go for less than €25m (£17m).

Capello is a big fan of Alonso and does not understand how Madrid could have let him sign for Liverpool two seasons ago when they had him in their sights. That season, José Antonio Camacho was the Real boss and his preferred target was Patrick Vieira at the time.

Real Madrid did make an offer of €12m euros for Alonso but the then Sociedad president refused the offer and sold him for €17m to Liverpool instead. In the end, Real missed out on both Vieira and Alonso.

Capello has now asked Mijatovic to negotiate with Liverpool and reduce their asking price.

The Real manager considers Alonso an ideal partner for Emerson in central midfield, the Brazilian providing the muscle and tactical discipline and Alonso the intelligence and vision, with the added physical presence he has acquired in the Premiership.

Alonso's agent referred Real Madrid to Liverpool when they inquired about his availablity. He does not want to risk making any false moves after his transfer to Real fell through in 2004.

Reduce the asking price? ??? WTF!!! materialistically he's worth almost as much a Stevie G. so we must be talking £30million+ minimum. If Real are serious they'll need deep pockets............ not sure if their recent drought of tournament winnings will hamper any offer they make.
But lets be honest, Rafa bought Xabi knowing he would be a stronghold in the team, now Alonso has proved he can win trophies, Rafa must realise Alonso is a permanant fixture in our ranks.
Last edited by coddy on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:01 pm

Rafa must realise Alonso is a permanant fixture in our ranks.

He must realise? What the fuck are you on about eh? You're talking as if the man who won us the Champions League and FA Cup already doesn't know that Alonso is a key part of this team.

Benitez knew this when he payed 14.5 million for him 2 years ago (that's including the apperance fee's).

Hope Rafa doesnt decide to sell

Why would he? He and Gerrard are irreplacable, and he didn't sell Gerrard to Madrid when they came knocking and he won't do it now.
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:15 pm

Btw, I just noticed something. Predrag Mijatovic is supposedly going to try to talk down the 18 million price for Xabi.

:laugh:  :laugh:

What a bunch of morons. Do they honestly think that we would sell him for such a low price? Even 18 million isn't good enough let alone anything less than that.
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill