Tevez in talks for £30m real madrid switch - Damn shame

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby heimdall » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:33 pm

Reg wrote:Masch said he´s coming to Liverpool remember..... he´s just trying to get the best deal but the Lone Musketeer is not going to fall for that.

??? ???  ??? Eh?

Idid read that article that Masch wants Tevez here, but not sure how much can be read into that. I would love to have Tevez partnering Torres though, that would be lethal!!  :buttrock  :buttrock
heimdall

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:06 am

Tevez turns down Inter... on soccernet...

so i don't know whether tevez turned inter down or inter decided not to get thim already... it's interestng cause tevez has been saying he wanted to go to inter...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:29 am

Four posts up from yours is the article about Inter....

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby puroresu » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:57 am

Its in MSI's interest to not do any deal before the copa america ends.  Tevez value can only increase.  I think Inter wanted to get a deal done ASAP and were not prepared to wait.  I dont believe the 'Tevez turned down Inter' talk, I just think MSI want to finalise a deal yet.
puroresu

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:01 pm

I think you´re quite right. But they´re wrong, they should strike whilst the iron´s hot.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:16 pm

Now some of the newspaper also liking tevez with us,mans and gooners
We already have a good team great defenders  world class midfeilders now if we spend all of our money for player's like Torres and Tevez i don't think that anyone had a problem with that.
liverpool till death
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby puroresu » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:02 pm

we need wingers
puroresu

Postby destro » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:04 pm

Latest on Tevez

Four Barclays Premier League clubs have registered an interest in signing Carlos Tevez - but the Argentina striker will not make any decision on his future until after the Copa America.

Tevez set his sights on staying in the Premier League after rejecting a move to Inter Milan, because he was not prepared to meet the Italian champions' deadline for a decision while on international duty.

It is understood Tevez has also turned down a second, un-named Italian club within the last 10 days for the same reason.

West Ham, where Tevez made such an impact last season, are known to be one of the four clubs hoping to strike a deal for the 23-year-old.

Tevez has also been linked with Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

But his adviser Kia Joorabchian insists no deal will be done with any club until Argentina's interest in the Copa America is over.

Joorabchian said: "Carlos is playing in the Copa America at the moment and that is where his prime focus is.

"It is a big competition and we intend talking more seriously about his future when that tournament is over.

"At the moment there is no development."

West Ham are keen for Tevez to stay at Upton Park after he overcame a difficult start to play such an instrumental role in the club's successful fight against relegation last season.

Any possible interest Liverpool have could end if Anfield manager Rafael Benitez succeeds in signing Spanish international striker Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid.

Tevez scored on Thursday night as Argentina opened their campaign with a 4-1 win over the USA in the Venezuelan city of Maracaibo.

The Copa America final is on July 14.

If he wants to stay in the Premiership my totally unbiased view is that he should sign for Liverpool :;):
destro

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:04 pm

Just impossible to know where Tevez will go.
He always answers in the most neutral way possible in interviews and nobody knows his real preference.

Then there is Kia who decides what kind of deal it will be.
Is is a straight cash deal?
How much if so?
Does kia want another loan deal?
For how long and how much if that is the case?

Many questions and not many answers.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:58 pm

Penguins wrote:Just impossible to know where Tevez will go.
He always answers in the most neutral way possible in interviews and nobody knows his real preference.

How much if so?

You said it would be as straightforward as the Mascherano deal, what's the difference you said.

Now you've just realised that actually the Tevez deal will have more intricacies than you had first imagined.
LFC2007

Postby heimdall » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:24 am

LFC2007 wrote:

How much if so?

You said it would be as straightforward as the Mascherano deal, what's the difference you said.

Now you've just realised that actually the Tevez deal will have more intricacies than you had first imagined.

I think it will definitiely be a sale as Tevez's value is unlikely to get any higher. This Kia guy must have been crapping himself when half way through the season Tevez had done nothing, what a turn around. He'll be sure to want to cash in, I just hope Liverpool have enough funds to get the guy, he's special.
heimdall

Postby destro » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:14 pm

I am starting to believe he doesn't have a clue who he wants to play for next season. In his last couple of statements he has mentioned joining everyone but us :;): . Drogba has said he will decide on his future next week, if he goes expect them to pay more than they did for Schevchenko to land Tevez ( i still have a sneaky feeling he might be lining up alongside Mascherano very soon :;): )

Carlos Tevez admits he would relish the chance to play for Real Madrid, but insists he has not heard anything from the Spanish champions yet.

Real are one of a host of clubs across Europe who have been linked with the Argentina striker, who last season played a key role in helping West Ham avoid relegation from the Premier League.

The 23-year-old admits a move to the Bernabeu appeals to him, but said: "I would like to play at Real Madrid, but there is no offer from Real Madrid. I have yet to hear anything from Real."

Tevez, who is currently on international duty at the Copa America, also denied that Italian giants Inter Milan were at the top of his wishlist for possible destinations.

Tevez's representative Kia Joorabchian said on Thursday the player had turned them down after the Serie A champions imposed a deadline for him to make a decision.

And Tevez said in an interview with Punto Radio: "I do not prefer to go to Inter Milan. That is a lie. It has not come out of my mouth. It is not true, because I have not signed anything with Inter or with anybody. I am awaiting offers and I will see which is the best for me.

"I don't know what will happen next season."
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:31 pm

heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

How much if so?

I think it will definitiely be a sale as Tevez's value is unlikely to get any higher. This Kia guy must have been crapping himself when half way through the season Tevez had done nothing, what a turn around. He'll be sure to want to cash in, I just hope Liverpool have enough funds to get the guy, he's special.

It remains to be seen whether it will be a sale or not. It is possible that Joorabchian wants to loan him to a big club for a lot of money before capitalising fully through a sale. I don't see any club at this moment willing to pay £30m for him. I just don't see that happening right now, maybe once he has been at a big club for a year, but I'd be amazed if Real Madrid or another big club came along and paid £30m for him right now. If there isn't a club willing to pay that sort of money then I don't foresee an outright sale, and at this moment I don't think a club would pay that much.
LFC2007

Postby heimdall » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:40 pm

Well if it's a loan then we should definitiely try to get him, he would be awesome at Anfield, and it would leave some money for wingers.
heimdall

Postby destro » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:11 pm

The plot thickens regarding Tevez !
This is the interesting bit, sort of answers some of the questions regarding how much and on what conditions any deal would involve.

However, it is thought Arsenal cannot afford the £28million asking price for a permanent deal and are instead preparing a £9million package to fund his wages and registration rights on a season-long loan.

United boss Alex Ferguson is also thought to be in the hunt for the Argentine and may also favour a loan deal because of uncertainty over the player's ownership.

Tevez seems certain to leave Upton Park this summer after helping to rescue the Hammers from relegation and sources claim it is between United and Arsenal for his services if he chooses to stay in England.

Inter Milan and Real Madrid are also interested, but it is thought Tevez may prefer to stay in England after his representative Kia Joorabchian was last week quoted as saying: "Carlos' heart is really in the Premier League".
destro

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill