Real madrid will be annoying us - In the next few days. alonso

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:05 pm

thank :censored: for that! :)
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:38 pm

Xabi Alonso insists he has no intention of leaving Liverpool for Real Madrid despite the continued speculation that is emanating from Spain. 
Reds boss Rafael Benitez moved instantly to quash these rumours at the weekend, stressing Alonso is not for sale, and now the player himself has spoken out on the subject.

"I want to stay at Liverpool, that is for sure," he said today. "I know there have been stories in the Spanish press but I take no notice of them. I am only interested in playing for Liverpool and I'm concentrating only on preparing for the new season."

-------------

That's the end of that rumour. This combined with Rafa's quotes will ensure he stays here.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:12 pm

Real Madrid have made a £17 million offer for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso this morning.

Click Here!
Real sports director Predrag Mijatovic made contact with Liverpool last week to discuss Xabi's availability and was informed that nothing less than £17 million would be considered over the player's sale.

AS says that after a cooling off period of several days, Mijatovic will match Liverpool's asking price this morning and plans serious talks with the Premiership giants later in the day.

Xabi's agent, Inaki Ibanez, is also seeking talks with Liverpool over their intentions.

===>Link<===
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:15 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:Real Madrid have made a £17 million offer for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso this morning.

Click Here!
Real sports director Predrag Mijatovic made contact with Liverpool last week to discuss Xabi's availability and was informed that nothing less than £17 million would be considered over the player's sale.

AS says that after a cooling off period of several days, Mijatovic will match Liverpool's asking price this morning and plans serious talks with the Premiership giants later in the day.

Xabi's agent, Inaki Ibanez, is also seeking talks with Liverpool over their intentions.

===>Link<===

:censored: OFF REAL MARDID!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:23 pm

After Xabi spoke out in public the other day I am not concerned by these rumours.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:24 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:After Xabi spoke out in public the other day I am not concerned by these rumours.

Pennant also said he was happy where he was!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:42 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:After Xabi spoke out in public the other day I am not concerned by these rumours.

Pennant also said he was happy where he was!

But he was at birmingham
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:58 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:Real Madrid have made a £17 million offer for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso this morning.

Click Here!

===>Link<===

£17 million  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

A fooking joke that. Put a 3 in place of the one and then we'll take a bit longer to say FUCK OFF!.
It's ridiculous that only two days after the player has said he's got no desire to go anywhere the press are still trying to 'create' a story that doesn't exist. The fact that it has come from AS (which I think is a Madrid paper - SABRE?) confirms that it's a load of sweaty old donkey bollox!

If they were on sale now i'd buy a load of tickets for Xabi's testimonial game, that's how confident i am that he'll be here for a while yet!
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:44 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Xabi Alonso insists he has no intention of leaving Liverpool for Real Madrid despite the continued speculation that is emanating from Spain. 
Reds boss Rafael Benitez moved instantly to quash these rumours at the weekend, stressing Alonso is not for sale, and now the player himself has spoken out on the subject.

"I want to stay at Liverpool, that is for sure," he said today. "I know there have been stories in the Spanish press but I take no notice of them. I am only interested in playing for Liverpool and I'm concentrating only on preparing for the new season."

-------------

That's the end of that rumour. This combined with Rafa's quotes will ensure he stays here.

Adam , where did yoy get the Alonso quote from ?

I've only seen him quoted as saying "I have heard the rumours but there is no truth in the madrd story"  . I was left thinking "he could at least have said he wasn't interested  if they were true"

Nice to know that he's actually stated he wants to stay at Liverpool.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:46 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:Xabi Alonso insists he has no intention of leaving Liverpool for Real Madrid despite the continued speculation that is emanating from Spain. 

-------------

Adam , where did yoy get the Alonso quote from ?

I've only seen him quoted as saying "I have heard the rumours but there is no truth in the madrd story"  . I was left thinking "he could at least have said he wasn't interested  if they were true"

Nice to know that he's actually stated he wants to stay at Liverpool.

From LFC.tv, here is the link.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:53 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:]
From LFC.tv, here is the link.

:laugh:  Cheers Adam , I've already got it bookmarked , just been awhile since I was in there .                                :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:50 pm

Yeh, AS and Marca are Madrid papers, although they're supposed to cover all the teams.

My initial worries were that Real Madrid is going to have fresh money and what would happen if they came with an astronomical sum like 35M or something, my worry was wether LFC might be tempted by a sum like that.

But with that sum  :laugh: and even offering Granero  :laugh: they should be told "Fúck off".

Xabi Alonso did say those quotes, even Marca acknowledged them.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:56 pm

FFS!!!!!!!! :D just read the fúcking whole article and it's a heap of cráp. They consider 25M€ an "important effort" (17 M or so) and It's both infuriating and a joke all together.

They speculate with the words of Rafa concerning we might see a couple of new faces in LFC, and that sum might help to bring those new faces!!! Utter clueless shít!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :angry: :laugh: :angry:

Not worth translating.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill