Tevez in talks for £30m real madrid switch - Damn shame

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:46 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Penguins wrote:Ya, but we can agree on that Tevez would be a quality signing?
Not likely he will come, but if a chance would come for Rafa I'd hope he would do his outmost to accomodate him.

Who would you sell between Crouch and Kuyt?

Or maybe Tevez could play in the hold behind the striker(s)?

Tevez is quality clearly and I wouldn't sell either of Crouch or Kuyt.

That doesn't make sense.  Tevez is more proven in the premiership than Kuyt and is more verisitile than Crouch.  If it turns out that after selling Bellamy and Cisse that we have the cash to sign a winger or defender, and then from whatever is left from the kitty use in a player + cash swap for Tevez with either Kuyt or Crouch as the makeweight; you would decline? Tevez is on the verge of world class if not already there, Kuyt and Crouch simply put wont ever make it to that high of a level. Its logical to want Tevez, plus it means that United and Arsenal wont have him.
JoeTerp

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:53 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Penguins wrote:Ya, but we can agree on that Tevez would be a quality signing?
Not likely he will come, but if a chance would come for Rafa I'd hope he would do his outmost to accomodate him.

Who would you sell between Crouch and Kuyt?

Or maybe Tevez could play in the hold behind the striker(s)?

Tevez is quality clearly and I wouldn't sell either of Crouch or Kuyt.

That doesn't make sense.  Tevez is more proven in the premiership than Kuyt and is more verisitile than Crouch.  If it turns out that after selling Bellamy and Cisse that we have the cash to sign a winger or defender, and then from whatever is left from the kitty use in a player + cash swap for Tevez with either Kuyt or Crouch as the makeweight; you would decline? Tevez is on the verge of world class if not already there, Kuyt and Crouch simply put wont ever make it to that high of a level. Its logical to want Tevez, plus it means that United and Arsenal wont have him.

It makes clear sense, I would keep Kuyt and Crouch. What is there not to make sense about it?

"World Class" means little in my book, Crouch and Kuyt are excellent players. They perform tasks for the team, they may not have the flash or wow factor of Tevez but they create plenty and can score goals. I wouldn't say Tevez is particularly proven in the EPL, a run of 10 games with West Ham is hardly proof he can do it at the top level.

If we could sell Bellamy and bring Tevez in on loan for a season, great. We can all play manager, but if the reality suggests we are not going to sign him then it is irrelevant.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:57 pm

On the radio today they had a players agent on and he said that the new T.V deals is worth roughly 30 million, so if thats the case we got Torres without touching our transfer budget, meaning we still have 3million from the 30 plus the 4 million from Garcia's sale to add to what ever Rafa has been given.

Not sure exactly how close to the truth that is, but if it turns out that we get 30 million from the T.V deal then we could go for Tevez, sell Bellamy and Cisse and use what we have/got left to sign a Winger

Just a thought ?
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:10 pm

destro wrote:On the radio today they had a players agent on and he said that the new T.V deals is worth roughly 30 million, so if thats the case we got Torres without touching our transfer budget, meaning we still have 3million from the 30 plus the 4 million from Garcia's sale to add to what ever Rafa has been given.

The new TV deal may be worth £30m but that does not translate directly into transfer funds. Wage inflation is an ever increasing cost to account for, and the difference between the old deal and the new one is the amount that it will have increased by.

For example, if the old deal was worth £18m a year, that would give us an extra £12m a year in revenue - not an extra £30m as you suggest.
LFC2007

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:27 pm

If Tevez leaves West Ham, they are going to be in need of a striker that is of the quality and price range of Kuyt, Crouch and Bellamy.  If you think it is ok to keep Bellamy as a 5th striker why wouldn't it be ok to add tevez if we sold Bellamy?  He would be the best attacking player on our team instantly.  He is significantly better than Crouch and Kuyt, who are well above average strikers.  I think you clearly win the probability of us having a legitamate shot at getting Tevez. But given a hypothetical you HAVE to chose him.
JoeTerp

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:43 pm

JoeTerp wrote:If Tevez leaves West Ham, they are going to be in need of a striker that is of the quality and price range of Kuyt, Crouch and Bellamy.  If you think it is ok to keep Bellamy as a 5th striker why wouldn't it be ok to add tevez if we sold Bellamy?  He would be the best attacking player on our team instantly.  He is significantly better than Crouch and Kuyt, who are well above average strikers.  I think you clearly win the probability of us having a legitamate shot at getting Tevez. But given a hypothetical you HAVE to chose him.

If you are suggesting that we make an offer for Tevez for one of our current strikers then I think you miss the point that West Ham don't actually own Tevez, any deal would be independent of one another.

Keeping Bellamy as a fifth striker is very different to keeping Tevez as one. Tevez will be well aware that he needs to play in order to further his ability and his career, I suspect Bellamy would stay at Liverpool just for the sake of being at the club he supports. If we have Torres, Kuyt, Crouch and Voronin - I find it difficult to see how you would accomodate Tevez.

I'm all for Tevez coming here, but in reality I don't think it will happen and definitely not as an out and out transfer - maybe as a loan but not a permanent deal. You can't have a team of Tevez's, Crouch and Kuyt offer ability that he does not have despite what you would call superior talent - they are very important players.

In the hypothetical scenario we can all play manager, but it is just not reality. You can analyse reality, but you can't analyse the hypothetical without any conviction.
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:50 am

sad but true... it is very unlikely we will go for tevez now... it's a shame... especially since he seems to be on the market... 4 strikers are actually enough for rafa since he sometimes only play 1 striker up front... if there's a 5th striker it will be either bellamy or one of the youngsters... logically rafa will be looking to strenghten other positions now... like the LB/RB and wing positions... and even a backup CB...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:28 am

Well, looks like it's manure for Tevez.

Now I have to start dislike the player a little :(

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....349.ece

Daily mail says it's a done deal also.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:34 am

Penguins wrote:Well, looks like it's manure for Tevez.

Now I have to start dislike the player a little :(

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....349.ece

Daily mail says it's a done deal also.

Shame

Not
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:36 am

Tevez has always looked likely to go to manure, they have been looking for a striker and a loan would suit them perfectly. We're going to have to pull it out the bag to overtake them next season, their squad would be almost complete with Tevez. Having said that, quality players don't equal success and they may have some selection problems with their new signings, hopefully that will upset their flow. Giggs and Scholes will be a year older too.
LFC2007

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:36 am

i have read the manure one also, but remember tevez has said he wont discuss anything until his tournament is finished, sounds like paper talk to me
112-1077774096

Postby Penguins » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:52 am

In that case it's weird that the daily mail says Tevez is already signed by Manure....

One thing if they say manure is closing in on him or that they have made a bid for him. But to say he is signed has to mean something?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages....79&ct=5
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:07 am

He's cr@p, I never really wanted to sign him, and if I did it was only to strengthen our reserve team.
If the mail story is wrong..... Get in there Rafa! :D
account deleted by request

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:17 am

Coupla late night thoughts for the midnight ramblers.

1. I've been watching Tevez during the Copa America and he's playing a very kinda scrappy role. Stacks of energy but ill-discplined approach. Is this how he played for West Ham? Getting a bit worried maybe he's not the player I thought he was.

2. Note the complete absence of Italian money in the market - the top clubs are close to bankrupcy as we know, hence easier for Juve to throw money at Trezaguet to get him to stay than have to fork out to buy a replacement and compete with english clubs. So can AC really afford Tevez? I think not.

Man Ure - they dont need Tevez, strange buy, I dont see how he would fit in there.

Having bought Torres, our main purchase has been made and now its medium priced players only. The sellers will lose out, not LFC.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:56 am

breaking news on bbc...

tevez in talks with utd and will sign by the weekend.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill