Summer transfers

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:28 pm

9m for Voronin GYBS? not in a million years, even if he is doing excellent with Hertha, I think he will leave around 5-7m.

I would get 3 quality players:

striker, defender and winger
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:29 pm

heimdall wrote:But hang on, it's £30 million plus what he can make form sales isn't it? I think that is a bloody impressive amount of dosh considering the fact that we are in the middle of a world recession.

All we really need is a good quality backup striker, maybe someone like Owen would be perfect, and would save us some money, and some new high quality wingers. Ideally if we could get some cover for RB and LB that would be great but it looks like we have a few youngsters coming through who can help out in those positions.

I'd sell Kuyt, Dossa, Babel, Lucas, Riera and Voronin to raise some extra money. Wouldn't be too unhappy if Riera stayed though. I reckon if we could sell all those then that shoudl give Rafa an extra £20 million so a total of £50 million and for that we should be able to get at least 3 top quality players and then we need to get the youngsters into the team a bit more.

Depending on which players we can sell and how much we can get for them.

And how much do you think a back-up striker and two quality wingers is going to cost, plus a RB and LB? Didn't we do most of that in the summer and look where it got us. We were left us with no back-up striker of any worth after the Keane fiasco, a RB who is injured all the time, a LB who's had mostly criticism since he arrived as our most expensive defender, and Riera who has been the only decent pick of the bunch.

So is Rafa suddenly going to find better value for money than he did last summer? It's all very well members on here ritually listing the players we can sell to raise funds, but how much are we realistically going to get for players WE don't want and you also have to replace those sold or be lacking in DEPTH which is something we definitely are. You've listed six out, so there's six that need replacing with the £20m you've raised in theory by selling them. This isn't FM or CM, tell us what quality six players you are going to sign for £50m. I think you'd be hard pressed to sign three or four quality players for £50m, unless you are exceptionally good at finding quality bargains which Rafa isn't really.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Young, Barry, Owen, Mancienne and Diego.

Should get those five for under £50million
account deleted by request

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:31 pm

metalhead wrote:9m for Voronin GYBS? not in a million years, even if he is doing excellent with Hertha, I think he will leave around 5-7m.

I would get 3 quality players:

striker, defender and winger

Id be amazed if we even got a fee for him, bet you we get £1mil tops
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:31 pm

sell masher for 20 mil ???? not in a million years im afraid why sell our best players ? lets get rid of the players that wont play and use that to bolster the 30 mil we supposedly getting .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:32 pm

s@int wrote:Young, Barry, Owen, Mancienne and Diego.

not in a millions years mate,Villa would want £50mil just for young and Barry probably. Macienne has been in an England squad so would probably cost something ridiculous and i doubt Diego would go for cheap  :(
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:32 pm

I think we would get more than you might think for Babel.......£8/12 million.

Postby Octsky » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:33 pm

damn it..bring owen back on free. let him be a super sub, in this case he wont be injured so much.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:35 pm

s@int wrote:I think we would get more than you might think for Babel.......£8/12 million.

Babels young so someone would take a chance on him i reckon, for about £7m-£8m i reckon. We should ofload Kuyt and Lucas asap, surely them too would raise at least £12m?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:37 pm

why has this been moved ?!?!?!?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:38 pm

Its not rumours or anything i wanted people to discuss potential summer targets and now it will just get lost in here ???
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
s@int wrote:Young, Barry, Owen, Mancienne and Diego.

not in a millions years mate,Villa would want £50mil just for young and Barry probably. Macienne has been in an England squad so would probably cost something ridiculous and i doubt Diego would go for cheap  :(

Barry will be in the last year of his contract so will only cost about £8million, and if Villa play nasty he can buy out his contract for £2 million.

Young would cost about £20million if Villa fail to get CL WHICH SEEMS VERY LIKELY.

Young £20million
Barry £8million
Owen 0
Mancienne £4million
Diego £15million

Total £47million

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:42 pm

GYBS wrote:why has this been moved ?!?!?!?

It's a complex progression but I'll break it down:

First post was all about paper speculation = transfer rumours--> thread moved to rumour mill --> thread starter gets knickers in twist.  Works like clockwork. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

First post was all about paper speculation = transfer rumours--> thread moved to rumour mill --> thread starter gets knickers in twist.  Works like clockwork. :D

But my post is all facts not rumours Bob  :D

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

So if i edit out the first bit from Kay can it go back in the board where people will actually post in it then ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill