Sebs back - Leto and discipline

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:26 pm

It would be interesting to know the general consensus, as in regards to the  return of Sebastian Leto .
I personally think it will add a different dimension to our offensive play a new injection of pace on the wing,surely he can be no worse than the options we currently have available ,plus it was a little known fact he was one of Olympiakos best players until his disciplinary problems .
I dont think Rafa would suffer these petulant outbursts ,but is he worth throwing a protective arm over ?
Rafa seems to be rushing the application for his work permit ,so it seems apparent he views him as a useful addition to the squad .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby mighty mo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:30 pm

what kind of disiplinary problems has he got........ on field or off field?
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:23 pm

The Olympiakos manager has stated in the greek press ,that Leto was disrespectful and insubordinate , he didnt highlight or go into any detail as to the circumstances .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:40 pm

leto - Pace ? every time i have seen him he looks even slower than kuyt and had a bit of ability on the ball but his final ball was shocking . We should be looking to a better standard than Leto - both babel and even dossena are better options out left than Leto IMO
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Leto is rapid, albeit a tad naive, but he looked lethal on the wing for Olympiakos another string to Liverpool's bow
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:13 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:The Olympiakos manager has stated in the greek press ,that Leto was disrespectful and insubordinate , he didnt highlight or go into any detail as to the circumstances .

Rafa wont stand for that and Leto knows it, petulent child.

As to how good he is, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea.  :eyebrow
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:15 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:Leto is rapid, albeit a tad naive, but he looked lethal on the wing for Olympiakos another string to Liverpool's bow

lookedanything but rapid anytime he has played for us - looking good in the greek league is a bit different to being able to do it in the prem - he has played a number of pre season games and CC games for us and every time he has looked not good enough
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:22 pm

I think he's a genuine talent ,but found his first games for Liverpool daunting ,surely he deserves the same opportunities Babel was given
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:23 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:Leto is rapid, albeit a tad naive, but he looked lethal on the wing for Olympiakos another string to Liverpool's bow

Rapid??  You've never watched him play, have you?

He is tidy on the ball and has a few tricks, but as GYBS has said he's slow and his final ball is poor.  There is a bit of potential there I'm sure, but good enough for us??  I have my doubts.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Sorry RBG i think the greek league or championship league is about the right level for him - certainly not for a prem challenging team esp in such a vital area .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:34 pm

john craig wrote:

Rapid??  You've never watched him play, have you?

He is tidy on the ball and has a few tricks, but as GYBS has said he's slow and his final ball is poor.  There is a bit of potential there I'm sure, but good enough for us??  I have my doubts.

I have watched him play and I think he is quick and skilful ,I also watched a lot of reserve games last season ,and in many he was the star player , but thats just my opinion other posters will differ ,but thats ok isnt it ?
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:36 pm

GYBS wrote:Sorry RBG i think the greek league or championship league is about the right level for him - certainly not for a prem challenging team esp in such a vital area .

Well Gybs time will tell ,Rafa certainly rates him enough to warrant another attempt at acquiring a work permit
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:49 pm

shouldnt this be in the liverpool discussion section ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:55 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
GYBS wrote:Sorry RBG i think the greek league or championship league is about the right level for him - certainly not for a prem challenging team esp in such a vital area .

Well Gybs time will tell ,Rafa certainly rates him enough to warrant another attempt at acquiring a work permit

And i hope to god he doesnt get that permit for us - the guy offers us nothing more than what we have already
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:06 pm

A touch more ingenuity than Babel gives us ,would be useful when Rafa utilises his bench .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill