Sebs back - Leto and discipline

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:55 am

What ingenuity did Leto ever show for us any time he played for us ? the guy is a championship plodder at best .

Even Dossena has proved to be a better option off the bench and scored a couple.

Add insua and aurelio into the mix as well so that gives us - Reira,Babel,Dossena,Aurelio,Insua to play left when required - no place for Leto as he is nowhere near the standard of any of them . Add to the fact that Rafa is looking at Silva maybe that is another player who plays left . And its players the standard of silva we should be looking at not Leto.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:59 am

I'm a bit slow telling the ability of players, I need several matches and against different oppositions to know what a player is about. Meaning, I'm not in a position to talk about Leto right now, haven't seen enough of him at the club.

Good to know though that he has done well in an important club. Cheers for that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:16 pm

We don't even know if Leto will ever be granted a work permit
JoeTerp

Postby Ray Pugh » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Sabre wrote:I'm a bit slow telling the ability of players, I need several matches and against different oppositions to know what a player is about. Meaning, I'm not in a position to talk about Leto right now, haven't seen enough of him at the club.

Good to know though that he has done well in an important club. Cheers for that.

Good to know your opinion there Sabre!!! ???  :eyebrow

The few games I remember of him, rapid pace wasn't the first thing that springs to mind for me. I could be proved wrong but the only potential I seen was average squad player at best.

We will see I suppose
Ray Pugh

Postby ken_job » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:36 pm

Leto will/should be let go this summer in my opinion.

I was in athens around new years and watched Olympiacos V Xanthi. Leto started the game on the left wing and created some good chances and made some decent runs up the wing. However, he didnt track back, hasnt a clue how to defend and lost possession more often than not on his forward runs.

He's distinctly average and his own fans (i was there with some season ticket holders) laugh and jeer him when he gets the ball because he's so frustrating to watch. The general concensus from them was that he's only just about good enough to get in their team so wouldnt come near our squad never mind a starting position. He got subbed after about 65mins to much cheering from the yet again frustrated Olympiacos faithful.

Hes not up to premiership standard.
ken_job

Postby Rorschach26 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:17 pm

aCe' wrote:shouldnt this be in the liverpool discussion section ?

does it matter?
Rorschach26

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Rorschach26 wrote:
aCe' wrote:shouldnt this be in the liverpool discussion section ?

does it matter?

He asks two and half months later...  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:17 pm

For a minute I thought Seb was some forum member from years ago I forgot.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill