Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:56 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:18 am wrote::laugh:  Some superstars there alright!!

Apparently Daka turned us down for more regular game time at Leicester. At least we were in for him I suppose  :D Looking forward to seeing him play next season.

Laporta has been pointing fingers at FSG and the Glazers for being behind the ESL  :laugh: .

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 1618353588

I don’t think Laporte is telling us anything we didn’t already know mate, I think a lot of people suspected at the time that John Henry was right at the heart of the ESL proposal as soon as everyone saw the no promotion and relegation format. In fact I’m pretty sure Sky said as much (that FSG and the Glazers were the ones behind it).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:58 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:56 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:18 am wrote::laugh:  Some superstars there alright!!

Apparently Daka turned us down for more regular game time at Leicester. At least we were in for him I suppose  :D Looking forward to seeing him play next season.

Laporta has been pointing fingers at FSG and the Glazers for being behind the ESL  :laugh: .

I don’t think Laporte is telling us anything we didn’t already know mate, I think a lot of people suspected at the time that John Henry was right at the heart of the ESL proposal as soon as everyone saw the no promotion and relegation format. In fact I’m pretty sure Sky said as much (that FSG and the Glazers were the ones behind it).

You really the ESL was all the brain child of Henry and Glazer ?

That’s despite Perez being involved in these things a number of times

There are three clubs that are really desperate for the level of money they were going to get

Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus

It’s no surprise that those three are still “in it” as they say because they really need the money

Laporte knows who started it all and is just trying to shift the blame away from the three clubs still involved
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:02 am

The big boys in England and likes of Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich were talking about a European super league as far back as the 80s! Of course FSG and the Glazers would be interested as it means their clubs make more money but this has been going on before they were even involved with football.

Last edited by Eagle on Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:11 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:00 am wrote:Apparently we've completed the signing of Ghana wonderkid Abdul Fatawu. He's 17 years old and the transfer fee is around £1.5m.

James Pearce
@JamesPearceLFC
·
1h
#LFC have not signed Ghanaian teenager Abdul Fatawu Issahaku and loaned him to Sporting - despite some reports to the contrary. For a start, they can't as he's u18. He's joined Sporting on a permanent. LFC adamant they have no involvement & no commitment to take him in the future
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:

A lot of our own fans will take some convincing though and would rather pass it off as Laporta being nothing but a liar who is just trying to save face because Barca are struggling with debt.

I agree they were heavily involved and while the prospect of a super league has been mooted this 20 years the current format has their input all over it.  The other 3 that didnt leave are up to their titties in debt and didnt face the backlash from the fanbase like what was seen with the English response to their clubs involvement.  If that didnt happen or was only a few voices then we would still be in it.

Barca want more money, real and Juve too but we are no different.  The only difference is those clubs have been spending beyond their means for years now unchecked which shouldn't have been allowed to happen. Despite all that Real will probably still sign Haaland while Barca and Juve will continue to pay the biggest salaries to 2 lads who are long past their prime. The 3 of them should be forced to sort their finances out or go bankrupt. Their problems are their own and of their own making so UEFA should grow a pair and feck them off.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:35 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:58 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:56 pm wrote:

You really the ESL was all the brain child of Henry and Glazer ?

That’s despite Perez being involved in these things a number of times

There are three clubs that are really desperate for the level of money they were going to get

Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus

It’s no surprise that those three are still “in it” as they say because they really need the money

Laporte knows who started it all and is just trying to shift the blame away from the three clubs still involved

As I said I’m pretty sure Sky Sports News pointed the finger at FSG and the Glaser’s as being the ringleaders at the time (iirc they actually called them ‘enemies of football’) and now Laporte has said they were the main drivers behind the idea as well, as I said you only have to look at the closed shop format of the ESL to see the American influence.
FSG had created an unbelievable legacy here (I was on these boards a while back calling for a statue of John Henry to be put up outside Anfield, I wasn’t being flippant i meant it) but like all American businessmen that just can’t help themselves, one whiff of cash and all logic and reason goes out the window.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:04 pm

Perez is the man behind - he was the chairman ffs

His aim was to get more money to clear the debt

Henry’s aim was to get more money into the club to be able to challenge the oil clubs in regards player transfers and wages - just like all the other issues have occurred, trying to increase the income to allow more money to be spent , which will help satisfy the demands of people expecting the club to buy the likes of Mbappe

As for closed shop - I guess you have seen the CL updates , what do you think that is moving towards
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:59 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:04 pm wrote:Perez is the man behind - he was the chairman ffs

Henry’s aim was to get more money into the club to be able to challenge the oil clubs in regards player transfers and wages - just like all the other issues have occurred, trying to increase the income to allow more money to be spent , which will help satisfy the demands of people expecting the club to buy the likes of Mbappe

As for closed shop - I guess you have seen the CL updates , what do you think that is moving towards

Perez was just the figurehead, no way was he the brains behind the operation, he didn’t even know what day it was, as for FSG only caring about our ability to compete against the top clubs I’ve got a bridge here to sell you if you want it.
Anyway stop going on about it  I can’t be @rsed going over it all again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:23 am

Meanwhile….

Looks like we are interested in John McGinn though he has a 50million release clause, Andy Robertson recommending him to Klopp to bring needed attributes to the team, ie incredible engine, big heart and technical ability. I hope we go for him as he has real grit and seems like an improvement to the team. I’d happily swap him for Keita despite his potential.

Can you ever go wrong with a Scottish midfielder?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:31 am

kazza » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:23 am wrote:Meanwhile….

Looks like we are interested in John McGinn though he has a 50million release clause, Andy Robertson recommending him to Klopp to bring needed attributes to the team, ie incredible engine, big heart and technical ability. I hope we go for him as he has real grit and seems like an improvement to the team. I’d happily swap him for Keita despite his potential.

I hope we don’t get him tbh, and certainly not for £50m, he wouldn’t look out of place in the championship.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:28 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:59 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:04 pm wrote:Perez is the man behind - he was the chairman ffs

Perez was just the figurehead, no way was he the brains behind the operation, he didn’t even know what day it was, as for FSG only caring about our ability to compete against the top clubs I’ve got a bridge here to sell you if you want it.
Anyway stop going on about it  I can’t be @rsed going over it all again.

Complete nonsense

Why else do you think the owners have been trying to improve the level of commercial income coming into the club - to enable the club to compete better
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:30 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:31 am wrote:

I hope we don’t get him tbh, and certainly not for £50m, he wouldn’t look out of place in the championship.

He hasn’t looked out of place in the Premier League as well - played in a midfield that dominated ours

McGinn is the perfect type of midfielder that Klopp would love - if he had a Spanish name then some fans would be thinking differently about him

But the club aren’t going to spend £50mil in an area that doesn’t need too much
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:25 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:30 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:31 am wrote:

He hasn’t looked out of place in the Premier League as well - played in a midfield that dominated ours

McGinn is the perfect type of midfielder that Klopp would love - if he had a Spanish name then some fans would be thinking differently about him

But the club aren’t going to spend £50mil in an area that doesn’t need too much

Yeah a one game sample, very scientific.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:30 am

Then watch in other games then because he had been excellent for Villa all season - he is an excellent player

Englands midfield couldn’t handle him as well

Looked down on just because he at Villa and not foriegn
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:08 pm

John McGinn? A soon to be 27 year old, who wouldn't count as a home grown player, who outside of the last two seasons in the PL with Villa has played in Scotland and 1 season in the English Championship. Nah I can't see it. If he was 5 years younger and half the price then it might have legs but sounds like nonsense to me.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill