Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:45 pm

Reg » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:47 pm wrote:We paid an initial £36.5m fee that could rise to £43m for Salah, he's repaid very penny. He's probably worth £65m so I'd pay Mo + 40.
Mo's paid £200,000 a week plus bonuses, so I reckon we'd draw the line at 250 a week before bonus.

So the question is, is Mbappe worth 40-50 million cash plus 50k a week.  Yes.

We'd probably recover a lot of that straight away in increased sponsorship, increased fan base interest and shirt sales etc..

Go for it.

£250k a week won’t be enough to get Mbappe , no chance, that would be a huge wage cut where he is currently on £400k a week in France

Also if Kane can be sold for £100mil - then Mo is worth at least that if not more
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:10 pm

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... ts-section
As if Klopp hasnt got a tough enough job on his hands as it is.

The Mbappe links are complete bull as well but I'm sure people already knew that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:51 pm

The only stumbling block for Mbappe should be his wages. If we sell Shaq and Origi I'm sure that'll free up a extra £200k a week.

Like someone previously said the amount of money from shirt sales should easily cover the cost of half of the transfer.. especially with us pocketing a percentage from the Nike deal.

I'm very impressed with Renato Sanches during these Euros.. he'd be a brilliant Wjnaldum replacement.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:28 pm

The one thing to remember with the wages is the amount taxed in the UK - for him to get a pay rise after tax would mean looking to pay him the sort of wages Messi etc are on - £600k a week , and he will prob get offered that by the likes of PSG and Madrid , Mbappe just like Messi etc won’t ever play in the Prem - even City won’t play those level of wages. It’s prob also why Haaland won’t end up in the Prem as well
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:30 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:51 pm wrote:The only stumbling block for Mbappe should be his wages. If we sell Shaq and Origi I'm sure that'll free up a extra £200k a week.

Like someone previously said the amount of money from shirt sales should easily cover the cost of half of the transfer.. especially with us pocketing a percentage from the Nike deal.

I'm very impressed with Renato Sanches during these Euros.. he'd be a brilliant Wjnaldum replacement.

When I looked at his stats there was an option to compare similar players, Florian Neuhaus was one and he’s stats look a lot better than Sanches. Neuhaus scores more, assists more and plays more but he gets carded more, all that in a stronger league. Interestingly another player that they listed in their comparison was Luis Alberto who played for us and now plays at Lazio but other than the nine goals he scored last season (which is good for a midfielder) nothing outstanding about him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:39 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:28 pm wrote:The one thing to remember with the wages is the amount taxed in the UK - for him to get a pay rise after tax would mean looking to pay him the sort of wages Messi etc are on - £600k a week , and he will prob get offered that by the likes of PSG and Madrid , Mbappe just like Messi etc won’t ever play in the Prem - even City won’t play those level of wages. It’s prob also why Haaland won’t end up in the Prem as well

The tax rate for high earners is greater in France than the UK.
Eagle

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:51 pm

Eagle » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:39 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:28 pm wrote:The one thing to remember with the wages is the amount taxed in the UK - for him to get a pay rise after tax would mean looking to pay him the sort of wages Messi etc are on - £600k a week , and he will prob get offered that by the likes of PSG and Madrid , Mbappe just like Messi etc won’t ever play in the Prem - even City won’t play those level of wages. It’s prob also why Haaland won’t end up in the Prem as well

The tax rate for high earners is greater in France than the UK.

He is currently on €2.1mil per month after tax -€25mil a year
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:45 pm

€2.1mil after tax playing in the French league?! Forget it!
The only way that would work is if he was to bring direct sponsorship in that would cover a large % of that fee.
I don't know who his personal sponsors are but that kind of thing... thinking outside the box.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:54 pm

Mbappe if signed would be a glorified loan... within two years he will be off to Madrid or Barca.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:56 pm

Reg » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:45 pm wrote:€2.1mil after tax playing in the French league?! Forget it!
The only way that would work is if he was to bring direct sponsorship in that would cover a large % of that fee.
I don't know who his personal sponsors are but that kind of thing... thinking outside the box.

Or the club are back by Qatar royal family

We have to face reality - players like Mbappe don’t arrive in the Prem at their peak
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:16 pm

They do when Spain is not an option.....  He's at his peak earning power now, no one else can pay that.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:42 pm

Reg » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:16 pm wrote:They do when Spain is not an option.....  He's at his peak earning power now, no one else can pay that.

Spain is always an option - there is no doubt that Madrid would pay what is needed
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:54 pm

Watched all of frances games in the Euros and thought he was poor enough. Plenty of pace but I think he would struggle in the prem against teams who sit back. Doesnt look like he can take a challenge either.

For what he would cost in a transfer fee and wages we could get in 3 decent players which would suit our needs a lot better.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:39 am

red till i die!! » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:54 pm wrote:Watched all of frances games in the Euros and thought he was poor enough. Plenty of pace but I think he would struggle in the prem against teams who sit back. Doesnt look like he can take a challenge either.

For what he would cost in a transfer fee and wages we could get in 3 decent players which would suit our needs a lot better.

Watching that match I liked the look of Kingsley Coman who looks like he could really fit in our team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:45 am

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/klopp-liverpool-transfer-news-otavio-24414684

Saw this but looking at his stats, his passing is 73%. More of an attacking midfielder but not a Gini type player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill