Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Personally I think we can be too defensive against a lot of teams we shouldn't be. Having a mid like Fab, Gini and Hendo is ok against teams who can apply pressure for most of a match but only invites pressure off those who cant. I guess what I am trying to say is that we dont really need another Gini type player just to keep things as it is. If we wanted that then we shouldn't have let him go.

The team needs to evolve and now we have a chance to do better than Gini we should look to do exactly that. Coman would be an improvement imo but the likes of Mc Ginn wouldnt. Hes more an FSG player than a liverpool one.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:08 pm

kazza » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:39 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:54 pm wrote:Watched all of frances games in the Euros and thought he was poor enough. Plenty of pace but I think he would struggle in the prem against teams who sit back. Doesnt look like he can take a challenge either.

For what he would cost in a transfer fee and wages we could get in 3 decent players which would suit our needs a lot better.

Watching that match I liked the look of Kingsley Coman who looks like he could really fit in our team.

He's too much of an injury worry for me.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:08 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:08 pm wrote:
kazza » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:39 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:54 pm wrote:Watched all of frances games in the Euros and thought he was poor enough. Plenty of pace but I think he would struggle in the prem against teams who sit back. Doesnt look like he can take a challenge either.

For what he would cost in a transfer fee and wages we could get in 3 decent players which would suit our needs a lot better.

Watching that match I liked the look of Kingsley Coman who looks like he could really fit in our team.

He's too much of an injury worry for me.

Is he injury prone? He certainly looked a good player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:51 pm

Daka has joined Leicester for £26m.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:16 pm

UvS xR4GEx wrote:Daka has joined Leicester for £26m.

Think that is a great signing for them. Everything just looks natural to him.

Gonna stick a tenner on him to be top goalscorer next season  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:00 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:55 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:16 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx wrote:Daka has joined Leicester for £26m.

Think that is a great signing for them. Everything just looks natural to him.

Gonna stick a tenner on him to be top goalscorer next season  :laugh:

With Vardy still going strong and having the summer to properly recover from his injury, and Iheanacho really establishing himself last year, I can't see Daka getting loads of game time. Leicester probably see him as a project to develop over the next season or two. He's making a big jump up in quality.

I caught bits and bobs of him in the Europa League and Champions League and in all honestly he looked a fairly ordinary and limited player. I wouldn't put much weight on him scoring goals in the Austrian league which is probably closer to League One than the Premier League in terms of quality and Red Bull Salzburg are far stronger than everyone else anyway (won the league 8 years in a row). Even watching his YouTube goals compilation the ball isn't exactly pinging into the corners. Think he'll need time to step up a gear or two so wouldn't surprise me if his first season is a low profile one.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:09 pm

If financials are the primary driver for Mbappe then he’ll sign a new contract with PSG as the Qataris will offer more money than anyone else, even the Emiratis. He knows that if he wants to play in a different league he’ll need to make a financial sacrifice. French media always suggest that if he does leave the most likely destination would be us or Real Madrid. Sounds like Madrid are the club he was obsessed with as a kid so that’s where he’ll most likely go. But if he sees out the final year of his contract and there is no transfer fee to pay, it wouldn’t surprise me if we at least make an offer. A heavily incentivised contract with a basic wage matching or slightly exceeding our highest earner and a hefty signing on fee that we’d be happy to pay if there is no transfer fee. It also wouldn’t surprise me if he signs an extension with PSG and soon after signs a private sponsorship deal with a Qatari company worth tens of millions.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:29 pm

The idea that we should be using Salah as a makeweight in any deal is mad. Mo has been our top scorer every season he has been here. While everyone else struggled with a crisis of confidence last year Mo kept going and his goals dragged us into the top 4. He has never had serious injury problems and is a super athlete who looks after himself and is teetotal. I'm pretty confident he will continue to preform at an elite level way into his 30s just like Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, etc. We have no idea how well any big signing might do but we know for a fact that Mo is a top performer for us who consistently wins us games. Reliable goal scorers are like gold dust and Mo doesn't get the respect he deserves from our fans but just look at the graphic below too see how valuable he is. He'll enter our all time top 10 goal scorers next season and he is scoring at a faster rate than all but one of them.
Attachments
Salah.PNG
Salah.PNG (54.86 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:03 pm

Gordon Hodgson never gets a mention from our fans but in terms of top flight league goals he’s 4th on the all time list only behind the likes of Jimmy Greaves, Dixie Dean and Steve Bloomer (who played in the 1890’s).
Looking at the all time top flight goalscorers list there were deffo some surprises, Sergio Aguero was at City a decade and was 39th of the list, Thierry Henry was 45th but Tony Cottee was 17th! Cottee was a decent little player but I wouldn’t have thought he’d scored more top flight goals than Aguero and Henry.
Rush was 14th, Hunt was 55th which surprised me, he scored more league goals for Liverpool than Rushie but Sir Roger started playing for us when we were a second division side so all his goals weren’t top flight.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:07 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:51 pm wrote:Daka has joined Leicester for £26m.

Would have liked to have him as a replacement for Origi and hope he can develop into a top player in the future, but I think Leicester sligthtly overpaid for this lad consideing he's only played in the Austrian league. I wouldn't spend that much on this kid, I guess we'll see whether he's worth it or not soon enough.

Speaking of transfers and taking risks, Man U have signed Sancho for £75m. Might turn out good as he's young and has potential, but a huge risk for that sort of money. Hopefully he turns out to be another very expensive flop for them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:18 pm

OGS's underwhelming management skills will inevitably mean Sancho won't play at peak performance. With Klopp or Pep it would be a different story.

VVD, Alisson etc... £75m and performing at the highest level from day 1.  Sancho will need at least a season under OGS.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:05 am

Liverpool chief Michael Edwards puts eight players up for sale

Liverpool are plotting a major squad overhaul in the summer transfer window after failing to defend their Premier League title last season.

Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards is set to put as many as eight players up for sale as the Reds plot a major squad overhaul this summer. Injuries ravaged Jurgen Klopp’s squad last season, leading to many back-ups being handed significant playing time.

But those back-ups largely failed to impress when handed starring roles in the place of their injured team-mates.

The lack of quality in Klopp’s squad was one of the main factors in the implosion of the Reds’ Premier League title defence.

They finished a distant third to champions Manchester City, with a run of six successive home losses putting paid to their hopes of winning a second successive league title.

Last season’s disappointment exposed the poor options that Klopp has to call on beyond his main starters.

That means that a major squad overhaul is on the way at Anfield this summer, with a significant number of outgoings and incomings.

Georginio Wijnaldum has already departed on a free transfer, but that is something Liverpool would ideally have hoped to have avoided.

Joining Wijnaldum through the exit door could be several others, with Goal reporting that as many as eight stars could be heading for departures after Edwards put them up for sale.

Divock Origi has scored some important goals for the Reds since joining the club from Lille but it is said that he will be allowed to leave this summer.

The striker scored just one goal in all competitions last season, though Wolves are reportedly long-time admirers of the Belgian.

Origi’s fellow back-ups in the attacking areas are also be at serious risk of leaving Merseyside having also failed to impress Klopp last term.

Xherdan Shaqiri and Takumo Minamino look set to be on their way, with Goal stating that “good offers” for the pair will be considered.

Two more members of the first team squad last season will also be allowed to depart, despite both making key contributions.

The first is Nat Phillips, who will be let go if suitors Burnley, Southampton, Brighton or Newcastle match his valuation.

Liverpool will also listen to offers for Phillips’ fellow defender Neco Williams, who made a handful of appearances last term.

The final members of the group of eight being put up for sale are Harry Wilson, Marko Grujic and Loris Karius.

All three have spent the past two seasons out on loan and it is felt the time is right to let them depart permanently.

Wilson is attracting interest from Benfica, with a move to the Championship also an option, while Grujic looks set for a move to Germany or Italy.

That could easily net 100 million  but some of those players have potential and I would assume that we will replace them with similarly aged players with potential, it will be interesting to see their mindset. Only Shaq and Origi would be considered at their prime, the rest are still young.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:58 am

red till i die!! » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:10 pm wrote:https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-squad-man-city-20907748#comments-section
As if Klopp hasnt got a tough enough job on his hands as it is.

The Mbappe links are complete bull as well but I'm sure people already knew that.

He looks like a drama queen according to his behavior at Euro 2021, that would be why Klopp will not want him despite the high wages.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:31 pm

Is Karius still here?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill