Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:58 pm

Personally , I'm concerned that we seem to be resting on our laurels.

At a time when we are riding high, the failure to add even more quality to the squad is disappointing.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Penguins » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:41 pm

Well, one inury to Salah or Mane and we are done. No, it's not some stupid doomsday prediction, it's a fact.
The chasm in quality between them and the rest is insanely wide.
And Klopp just LOVES to keep a squad together. That can be good, but also a disaster. Our midfield for example has so many players: Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Fabinho, Keita, Lallana, Ox etc and to be honest only Fabinho has shown he is a class player.
NO offense to the other players, who are really solid players but there is just no way to improve the midfield if Klopp insists that every damn player stays until his contract is up.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:53 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:58 pm wrote:Personally , I'm concerned that we seem to be resting on our laurels.

At a time when we are riding high, the failure to add even more quality to the squad is disappointing.

I don’t think it’s a case of resting on our laurels - for me I think Klopp has a lot of belief in his players and also his ability to improve them , 99% of the squad has improved since he arrived and we have a few new players in the squad plus players like Ox and Keita who will be looking to move forward

I also think Klopp will have his eye on someone but it’s just a pain to negotiate- the problem is whilst he has patience the fanbase don’t and just want want want - imagine if Klopp didn’t wait for VVD and got someone else instead ?

We really do need to trust Klopp and have belief in him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:54 pm

Teams who finished below us are improving their teams.. Arsenal have just had a bid accepted for Nicolas Pepe, they also have signed Ceballos on a season long loan. That's 2 players that were heavily linked with us gone to a main rival.

Spurs have added to their midfield buying Ndombele who is a incredible player. Looks like Eriksen is now staying aswell so they'll be a bigger threat this year.

United have added pace and will be no pushover next year.. Especially if they sign a decent centre half.

Word from inside the club at the end of the season was Klopp had a huge transfer budget for the summer.. But it appears that money is instead being spent on the new stand.

We can appauld Klopp for the UCL.. But he's had some terrible transfer windows in his time here which definitely cost us winning trophies in his first 2 seasons here.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:55 pm

Penguins » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:41 pm wrote:Well, one inury to Salah or Mane and we are done. No, it's not some stupid doomsday prediction, it's a fact.
The chasm in quality between them and the rest is insanely wide.
And Klopp just LOVES to keep a squad together. That can be good, but also a disaster. Our midfield for example has so many players: Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Fabinho, Keita, Lallana, Ox etc and to be honest only Fabinho has shown he is a class player.
NO offense to the other players, who are really solid players but there is just no way to improve the midfield if Klopp insists that every damn player stays until his contract is up.

That’s complete ***** , maybe you didn’t watch any games last season
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:01 pm

It should also be noted that City have not been busy either. They have replace probably their most influential player in Fernandinho and time will tell how Rodri does. De Bruyne and Aguero are both injury risks and this is David Silva’s last year so you would think they would be a lot busier and have more need to strengthen. They also lose their captain and leader Kompany and they look like losing Sane.

Not to say they won’t strengthen but the same applies to us. The only teams that are spending are the ones in transition. We are a solid team that is young and the more the same core play together the better they will get, thankfully we have had a couple of years in a row where we did not lose our best player. The only worry for me is getting unlucky with injuries to the first team at a critical time in the season.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:09 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:54 pm wrote:Teams who finished below us are improving their teams.. Arsenal have just had a bid accepted for Nicolas Pepe, they also have signed Ceballos on a season long loan. That's 2 players that were heavily linked with us gone to a main rival.

I would have thought that by now Liverpool fans would have learned that the rumours are 99% nonsense. And ask yourself why are these players going to Arsenal

Spurs have added to their midfield buying Ndombele who is a incredible player. Looks like Eriksen is now staying aswell so they'll be a bigger threat this year.

One player doesn’t make them that much more of a threat in any stretch

United have added pace and will be no pushover next year.. Especially if they sign a decent centre half.

They have bought a right back and a winger from the championship?!

Word from inside the club at the end of the season was Klopp had a huge transfer budget for the summer.. But it appears that money is instead being spent on the new stand.

We can appauld Klopp for the UCL.. But he's had some terrible transfer windows in his time here which definitely cost us winning trophies in his first 2 seasons here.

Terrible transfer windows ?! Seriously ?
Last edited by Lallana in Pyjamas on Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:55 pm

Put it this way - would you rather see our rivals buy players or would you rather see them sit on their hands and do nothing?
Of course we'd all rather see them do nothing. Who wants to see their rivals buy players? Here though we are being told in Orwellian fashion that doing nothing is the new way forward. lol.
Make no mistake the fans of other clubs will be absolutely elated that we haven't strengthened our squad and that tells you all you need to know about this washout of a summer.
I just hope they are going to announce the building of that new stand because there must be some sort of rhyme and reason to the clubs stance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:55 pm wrote:Put it this way - would you rather see our rivals buy players or would you rather see them sit on their hands and do nothing?
Of course we'd all rather see them do nothing. Who wants to see their rivals buy players? Here though we are being told in Orwellian fashion that doing nothing is the new way forward. lol.
Make no mistake the fans of other clubs will be absolutely elated that we haven't strengthened our squad and that tells you all you need to know about this washout of a summer.
I just hope they are going to announce the building of that new stand because there must be some sort of rhyme and reason to the clubs stance.

I don’t care what our rivals do - I only care about what we do

They can buy whoever they want - nothing has changed where the teams stand right now

Can you even see the chance that this is the “managers” choice right now

And what’s all this “new way forward” ***** ?!

What you should be doing is having more faith in the manager and trusting his judgment
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:07 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:59 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:55 pm wrote:Put it this way - would you rather see our rivals buy players or would you rather see them sit on their hands and do nothing?

I don’t care what our rivals do - I only care about what we do

They can buy whoever they want - nothing has changed where the teams stand right now

Can you even see the chance that this is the “managers” choice right now

And what’s all this “new way forward” ***** ?!

What you should be doing is having more faith in the manager and trusting his judgment

You only care about what we do? Well, what have we done? Nothing!
Does that sound like a good plan to you?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:15 pm

We have signed two great young players for the future , we have players returning from injury and youth players being integrated into the main squad

To say we are doing “nothing” is disrespectful to both the players and the staff - maybe learn to give the manager credit and trust that he knows what he is doing.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:33 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:15 pm wrote:We have signed two great young players for the future , we have players returning from injury and youth players being integrated into the main squad

To say we are doing “nothing” is disrespectful to both the players and the staff - maybe learn to give the manager credit and trust that he knows what he is doing.

You're not joking when you said we've signed 2 players for the future, at 16 and 17 they'll probably be ready for the first team around 2024/5, that's if they make it at all, the odds aren't good.
And as for players returning from injury and youth players who are we talking about? A clearly off the pace AOC and the lad Brewster who has never played a single premier league game in his life?
Btw please don't throw Lallana's name into the hat, we've been told he's 'just like a new signing' every summer for the past 4 years.
I can't quite work out if you're the most optimistic person in the world or a company man who parrots the party line ad infinitum.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:33 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:15 pm wrote:We have signed two great young players for the future , we have players returning from injury and youth players being integrated into the main squad

You're not joking when you said we've signed 2 players for the future, at 16 and 17 they'll probably be ready for the first team around 2024/5, that's if they make it at all, the odds aren't good.
And as for players returning from injury and youth players who are we talking about? A clearly off the pace AOC and the lad Brewster who has never played a single premier league game in his life?
Btw please don't throw Lallana's name into the hat, we've been told he's 'just like a new signing' every summer for the past 4 years.
I can't quite work out if you're the most optimistic person in the world or a company man who parrots the party line ad infinitum.

The lad from Fulham will be part of the first team squad from the off - he already has premiership experience but then you have prob already dismissed him because he didn’t cost millions and his name isn’t all over the papers. He is the youngest person to ever play in the Prem - we also have someone else who had that tag - Milner , maybe don’t be so dismissive of players the manager has brought into the team

Since when was AOC “clearly off the pace” ?!

Surely you aren’t judging from pre season which is all about gaining fitness and getting up to pace - but again someone else dismissed

And Brewster - a player that Klopp clearly rates that he fought hard to stop him leaving to go to the Bundasliga - but again because he isn’t being bought for 80mil it’s another person you have dismissed

The season hasn’t even started - you have already decided that City win the title , you have dismissed young players the manager has brought into the squad

Party line ?!

Last season you spent the whole season moaning about us not being good enough

We won the CL and just got pipped by the reported best team the Prem has ever seen - very fine margins

Our squad is a year further along in its development , we have brought in young fresher players into the squad whilst not losing one single top class player , our main rival has spent money on someone who will mainly sit on the bench , lost their club captain and potentially going to lose another big player in Sane

It’s nothing to do with any party line

It’s called having trust in the manager to continue to improve the team just like he has every single season he has been at the club - facts are on my side.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:48 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:33 pm wrote:

The lad from Fulham will be part of the first team squad from the off - he already has premiership experience but then you have prob already dismissed him because he didn’t cost millions and his name isn’t all over the papers. He is the youngest person to ever play in the Prem - we also have someone else who had that tag - Milner , maybe don’t be so dismissive of players the manager has brought into the team

Since when was AOC “clearly off the pace” ?!

Surely you aren’t judging from pre season which is all about gaining fitness and getting up to pace - but again someone else dismissed

And Brewster - a player that Klopp clearly rates that he fought hard to stop him leaving to go to the Bundasliga - but again because he isn’t being bought for 80mil it’s another person you have dismissed

The season hasn’t even started - you have already decided that City win the title , you have dismissed young players the manager has brought into the squad

Party line ?!

Last season you spent the whole season moaning about us not being good enough

We won the CL and just got pipped by the reported best team the Prem has ever seen - very fine margins

Our squad is a year further along in its development , we have brought in young fresher players into the squad whilst not losing one single top class player , our main rival has spent money on someone who will mainly sit on the bench , lost their club captain and potentially going to lose another big player in Sane

It’s nothing to do with any party line

It’s called having trust in the manager to continue to improve the team just like he has every single season he has been at the club - facts are on my side.

Stop putting words in my mouth, I said our midfield isn't good enough to win the title, I've always said our defence and attack are top notch.
Just because that lad got the odd run out for Fulham (a side that were relegated) doesn't mean he is going to come here and improve our first team, infact it is completely unfair on the lad to even expect him to, Gerrard wasn't ready at 18 never mind 16 to play CM regularly for us.
If he ends up a first team regular at 20 he will have done an amazing job, expecting him to take our midfield to the next level at 16 is effin ludicrous. He wasn't even a regular for fulham!
As for AOC being off the pace, have you watched any of our pre season games?
Re Brewster, again, Benny, we are talking about a team that probably needs to break the 100 point barrier to win the league, the lad obviously has talent although it does have to be said he clearly struggled against Dortmund and Lisbon but to be fair that's expected, he's only just turned 19.
Let's face it though, is a 19 year old with zero, let me repeat zero, premier league experience going to fire us to the title if one of our front 3 are missing for any significant length of time?
The likes of Brewster and the lad from Fulham are essentially apprentices learning their trade, I don't know what companies you have worked for but in all the ones I have ever worked for apprentices dont lead from the front.
I'm not trying to put these lads down, nor am I having a go at the club for planning for the future, my point is that these lads clearly aren't ready to be the difference makers next season. At 16 and 19 they are not going to be the bridge that closes the gap between us and City. My point is that we haven't pulled out all the stops to maximise our chances of winning the title this year. We've sat on our hands at a time when we were in the perfect position to really kick on, our star was riding high and we had money in our pockets. We've done nothing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:21 pm

I think we have a really strong 11 but the squad as a whole still needs alot of work.

If Robertson gets injured who replaces him? Milner? Did you not see the Palace game last year when Zaha gave Milner the run around.

If VVD gets injured or suspended who replaces him? Lovren? The same calamity Lovren that costs us points through individual errors time and time again.

If Bobby gets injured we have the inconsistent Origi to replace him or even better a 19 year old that's been injured for 15 months and never kicked a ball in the prem.

If a games tight what creative player can come on to change things? Lallana? So we can watch 10 minutes worth of Cryuff turns with no end product.

I watched Atletico vs Real earlier and was so impressed with Joao Felix.. If we weren't being so tight in January we could have got him for £60-70m before his value eventually sky rocketed.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill