Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:42 am

Imagine we had of signed that Fernandez lad and the buzz he would have injected into the side. Having a creative player like that would be the difference in winning games like tonight when we don't have our front 3 or they are having an off day.  Lads like Henderson and Gini can push forward as much as they want but still lack that quality in front of goal.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:47 am

red_indian » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:44 pm wrote:

If now, after two successive CL finals and a second place finish, is not our time/year to invest - after a net spend of just £77m under Klopp - then I’m not sure when would be???

I think this is what has most of us stumped  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:55 am

Just thinking out loud... I hope our reluctance (and City's?) to go into the transfer market isn't due to the cr@ppy GBP/Euro exchange rate? Sterling is currently so weak it would add millions onto the cost of a 70 million player. ManU have no choice but to pay the exchange penalty.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:49 am

People will say we won the CL and got 97 points with this squad but yesterday we got beat 3-0 in a friendly by the 2nd best team in the 3rd best league in Europe in the middle of pre-season. Klopp hasn't got a clue what he's doing. #FSGout.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:53 am

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:42 am wrote:Imagine we had of signed that Fernandez lad and the buzz he would have injected into the side. Having a creative player like that would be the difference in winning games like tonight when we don't have our front 3 or they are having an off day.  Lads like Henderson and Gini can push forward as much as they want but still lack that quality in front of goal.

I've now seen him a couple of times for Lisbon/Portugal over the past 6 months and TBH I'm not that impressed. He reminds me of Mkhitaryan. A long shot merchant whose goal scoring record masks the fact the rest of his game is pretty average. Granted I'm working off a small sample, but I hope he's one we avoid.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:02 am

Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:49 am wrote:People will say we won the CL and got 97 points with this squad but yesterday we got beat 3-0 in a friendly by the 2nd best team in the 3rd best league in Europe in the middle of pre-season. Klopp hasn't got a clue what he's doing. #FSGout.

Do you actually believe that drivel ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:37 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 am wrote:
Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:49 am wrote:People will say we won the CL and got 97 points with this squad but yesterday we got beat 3-0 in a friendly by the 2nd best team in the 3rd best league in Europe in the middle of pre-season. Klopp hasn't got a clue what he's doing. #FSGout.

Attachments
9nohQh4.jpg
9nohQh4.jpg (12.1 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:25 pm

Pig Catcher wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:42 am wrote:Imagine we had of signed that Fernandez lad and the buzz he would have injected into the side. Having a creative player like that would be the difference in winning games like tonight when we don't have our front 3 or they are having an off day.  Lads like Henderson and Gini can push forward as much as they want but still lack that quality in front of goal.

I've now seen him a couple of times for Lisbon/Portugal over the past 6 months and TBH I'm not that impressed. He reminds me of Mkhitaryan. A long shot merchant whose goal scoring record masks the fact the rest of his game is pretty average. Granted I'm working off a small sample, but I hope he's one we avoid.

I wouldn't have seen a lot of him either PC but the lad has the skills and at 24 it looks like he is beginning to come into his own. 31 goals last season and 16 the year before. He was named young player of the month 2 seasons ago 5 times and in the last 2 years Primera league player of the month 7 times. Also best player of the league for the last 2 seasons and named both years in team of the season. He also made the Europa league team of the season and the Nations league.

Has all the hallmarks of a player on the up and looks hungry for it. I know it was only preseason but he destroyed us last week. He was fortunate to score from Mingolets moment but overall he was excellent and none of our lads could touch him. Its possible he was playing out of his skin against us looking for a move and should he get it to a top club he will continue to impress imo.

Klopp had Henrik playing a valuable role at Dortmund and he fitted in quite well. If we signed him now Klopp would get it back out of him because that is what he does best. Look at some of our lads and the level he has them at so I would find it hard to believe he couldn't bring Fernandez into that top tier of players.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:53 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:37 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:02 am wrote:

My apologies
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:58 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:25 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher wrote:

I wouldn't have seen a lot of him either PC but the lad has the skills and at 24 it looks like he is beginning to come into his own. 31 goals last season and 16 the year before. He was named young player of the month 2 seasons ago 5 times and in the last 2 years Primera league player of the month 7 times. Also best player of the league for the last 2 seasons and named both years in team of the season. He also made the Europa league team of the season and the Nations league.

Has all the hallmarks of a player on the up and looks hungry for it. I know it was only preseason but he destroyed us last week. He was fortunate to score from Mingolets moment but overall he was excellent and none of our lads could touch him. Its possible he was playing out of his skin against us looking for a move and should he get it to a top club he will continue to impress imo.

Klopp had Henrik playing a valuable role at Dortmund and he fitted in quite well. If we signed him now Klopp would get it back out of him because that is what he does best. Look at some of our lads and the level he has them at so I would find it hard to believe he couldn't bring Fernandez into that top tier of players.

Klopp spent £50mil on Keita and £40mil on Ox - two players he is going to look to fill that forward role in the midfield- he isn’t going to spend another £70mil on another player to fill that role

Also as for the stats - it’s in the Portuguese league , he was non existent against Arsenal in the Europa League and also for Portugal against England.

He is available and no one has taken the risk - that tells a story.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:46 pm

Linked with a £15m move for Bordeaux Winger Francois Kamano.. I'm guessing he's the cheaper option to Nicolas Pepe.

https://youtu.be/dqzmnXMujNk
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:22 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm wrote:Linked with a £15m move for Bordeaux Winger Francois Kamano.. I'm guessing he's the cheaper option to Nicolas Pepe.

£15m these days is buttons and that lad looks like someone a Newcastle or Brighton would sign. I honestly can't remember a more disappointing summer than this one, after winning the CL I really thought we'd try to kick on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:22 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm wrote:Linked with a £15m move for Bordeaux Winger Francois Kamano.. I'm guessing he's the cheaper option to Nicolas Pepe.

£15m these days is buttons and that lad looks like someone a Newcastle or Brighton would sign. I honestly can't remember a more disappointing summer than this one, after winning the CL I really thought we'd try to kick on.

I can.
Attachments
methode_times_prodmigration_web_bin_a820794e-6ec7-3f5f-9f2b-968decd581ea.jpg
methode_times_prodmigration_web_bin_a820794e-6ec7-3f5f-9f2b-968decd581ea.jpg (50.47 KiB) Viewed 518 times
paulkonchesky12.jpg
paulkonchesky12.jpg (46.43 KiB) Viewed 518 times
article-0-0A966C5A000005DC-309_468x235.jpg
article-0-0A966C5A000005DC-309_468x235.jpg (40.73 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:22 pm wrote:

He's from the same country as Naby Keita and also has the same agent as both Naby and Mane.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:33 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:31 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:22 pm wrote:

I can.

That was expected though, everyone knew Rafa was having to sell players to balance the books before Hodgson even arrived. When we were signing the likes of David Ngog and big Soto for buttons no one was expecting Ronaldinho to walk through the door.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill