Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:45 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:04 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:22 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm wrote:Linked with a £15m move for Bordeaux Winger Francois Kamano.. I'm guessing he's the cheaper option to Nicolas Pepe.

https://youtu.be/dqzmnXMujNk

£15m these days is buttons and that lad looks like someone a Newcastle or Brighton would sign. I honestly can't remember a more disappointing summer than this one, after winning the CL I really thought we'd try to kick on.
He's from the same country as Naby Keita and also has the same agent as both Naby and Mane.

I come from the same country as Steven Gerrard, Bobby Charlton and Glenn Hoddle, that doesn't mean you want to see me running around our midfield.
I seriously don't get it, okay we splashed out a fair bit last year but we got the best part of £200m back from the likes of Coutinho, Sakho, Lucas, Kevin Stewart etc.
We bought no one in January and this summer we got a couple of the higher earners off the wage bill in Sturridge and Moreno.
Even Everton and Arsenal look like they are going to spend £60m-£80m on one player and they weren't even in the CL never mind win it!
They must be re-building the Anny Road, it's the only explanation for it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:47 pm

97 points and the CL was last season we start at 0 now and teams will be more ready for us this time. This is usually why clubs strengthen so the squad doesn't become complacent and have new weapons at their disposal.
Last edited by parchpea on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:03 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm wrote:Linked with a £15m move for Bordeaux Winger Francois Kamano.. I'm guessing he's the cheaper option to Nicolas Pepe.

£15m these days is buttons and that lad looks like someone a Newcastle or Brighton would sign. I honestly can't remember a more disappointing summer than this one, after winning the CL I really thought we'd try to kick on.

How much was Robertson ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:45 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:04 pm wrote:

He's from the same country as Naby Keita and also has the same agent as both Naby and Mane.

I come from the same country as Steven Gerrard, Bobby Charlton and Glenn Hoddle, that doesn't mean you want to see me running around our midfield.
I seriously don't get it, okay we splashed out a fair bit last year but we got the best part of £200m back from the likes of Coutinho, Sakho, Lucas, Kevin Stewart etc.
We bought no one in January and this summer we got a couple of the higher earners off the wage bill in Sturridge and Moreno.
Even Everton and Arsenal look like they are going to spend £60m-£80m on one player and they weren't even in the CL never mind win it!
They must be re-building the Anny Road, it's the only explanation for it.

It’s not the only explanation but you wouldn’t  entertain any other explanation
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:12 pm

parchpea » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:47 pm wrote:97 points and the CL was last season we start at 0 now and teams will be more ready for us this time. This is usually why clubs strengthen so the squad doesn't become complacent and they you have new weapons at their disposal.

Our front 3 (and Alisson) will improve us dramatically but let's face it they are going to have to because we look miles off the pace, I just worry wether our front 3 will be up to it, none of them have had a pre season and Mane is going to have to put together back to back seasons with just a two week break in between, no pre-season or nothing. They are going to be running on fumes after Christmas.
I watched Jurgen's post match interview yesterday he sounded very concerned, he said he's never known a pre season like it, he said he's been without 6 first team players for the entire pre season and he's had a month less than other teams to prepare.
If we get anywhere 97 points again it will be a miracle imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:15 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:03 pm wrote:

How much was Robertson ?

Great logic, why don't we cash in on the likes of Virgil, Sadio, Mo, Bobby and Alisson if £8m first team starters grow on tree's?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:18 pm

The logic is you can’t just dismiss someone because of their price tag - just because someone is £15mil doesn’t mean they aren’t good enough -hopefully by now you would understand Klopp has an eye for a player
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:25 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:18 pm wrote:The logic is you can’t just dismiss someone because of their price tag - just because someone is £15mil doesn’t mean they aren’t good enough -hopefully by now you would understand Klopp has an eye for a player

You know as well as I do that finding cheap bargains that go on to be top, top players is very rare, don't forget we need players that can go toe to toe with the likes of De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva et al.  Half decent isn't good enough.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:25 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:18 pm wrote:The logic is you can’t just dismiss someone because of their price tag - just because someone is £15mil doesn’t mean they aren’t good enough -hopefully by now you would understand Klopp has an eye for a player

You know as well as I do that finding cheap bargains that go on to be top, top players is very rare, don't forget we need players that can go toe to toe with the likes of De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva et al.  Half decent isn't good enough.

And ? A price tag doesn’t determine if a player can go toe to toe with another player - their ability does
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:54 pm

Mignolets back up position threatend. !

Liverpool on the verge of signing a shot stopping wonder Kit puts Mignolets role at the club under question.

:wwww    :buttrock

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:07 pm

It's abit weird that he's got the same agent as both Naby and Mane.. I feel like he's been suggested to us rather than Klopp scouting him out.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:08 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:07 pm wrote:It's abit weird that he's got the same agent as both Naby and Mane.. I feel like he's been suggested to us rather than Klopp scouting him out.

Or you’re putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5

I suspect it’s nothing but media rumours
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:35 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:25 pm wrote:

And ? A price tag doesn’t determine if a player can go toe to toe with another player - their ability does

Its usually a pretty good indicator though, if we spent £200,000 on 25 year old player would you be expecting him to be a world beater?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:29 pm

Been linked with Real Madrid wonder kid Israel Salazar who is 16 years old. Watched a few videos and he looks decent for his age.. Looks like Klopps buying cheap for the future.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.empi ... indow/amp/

However, there are problems with trying to measure a concept such as ‘improvement’ with any individual number. This would be an accurate measure if the only method of improving a team was through buying players. While there is undoubtedly some truth in this from a coaching perspective – purchasing better players results in the manager having more quality available to work with –, this isn’t the only way to improve your team. In fact, for a proper coach, it is usually the last option.

Players naturally improve towards a peak physical age of 24-29 years of age. After which, you typically start to see a decline in their abilities. Therefore, young squads, such as that of Ajax’s Europa League finalist side of 2016/17, will improve each season just by keeping together the guts of the squad.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill