Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Boocity » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:56 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am wrote:I don't think its Klopp who isnt signing players but the club. Last years outlay was big but badly needed and now I he is paying the price for it. Imo they want him to get the best out of whats here before we spend again next summer after we sell one of our stars to pay for it.

Yeah I agree, the way Klopp is talking it's almost as if his hands are tied and he has to just get on with it.
I honestly don't know what the club is playing at, bought no one in January, buying no one in the summer, this is after getting to consecutive CL finals as well. Looks like we are more interested in trying to emulate Arsenal's business model than emulate our title winning feats of the past.

Well they've seen Spurs get to the UCL final and qualifying for the CL without spending, so in their eyes, as we have a better team than them we should be fine with what we've got.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:12 pm

Boocity » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:57 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:56 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am wrote:I don't think its Klopp who isnt signing players but the club. Last years outlay was big but badly needed and now I he is paying the price for it. Imo they want him to get the best out of whats here before we spend again next summer after we sell one of our stars to pay for it.

Yeah I agree, the way Klopp is talking it's almost as if his hands are tied and he has to just get on with it.
I honestly don't know what the club is playing at, bought no one in January, buying no one in the summer, this is after getting to consecutive CL finals as well. Looks like we are more interested in trying to emulate Arsenal's business model than emulate our title winning feats of the past.

Well they've seen Spurs get to the UCL final and qualifying for the CL without spending, so in their eyes, as we have a better team than them we should be fine with what we've got.

Spurs scraped through every round by the skin of their teeth though. Call me an old sentimentalist but sitting on our hands and doing nothing doesn't sound like the best plan to overhaul City.
Can't believe the club have squandered this summer, when our star was riding high as well. Jurgen must be some sort of Trappist monk, Rafa would be doing his nut now, he'd be all over the back pages kicking off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:35 pm

We play Sporting Lisbon tonight so let's hope Bruno Fernandes shows us something to make Klopp realise we're missing a creative player in the team.

I just want honesty from the club.. Is it Klopp that's in full control of who he wants and has he got full backing.
Or has he got a transfer kitty and we can't afford the players he wants to bring in.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:03 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:35 pm wrote:We play Sporting Lisbon tonight so let's hope Bruno Fernandes shows us something to make Klopp realise we're missing a creative player in the team.

I just want honesty from the club.. Is it Klopp that's in full control of who he wants and has he got full backing.
Or has he got a transfer kitty and we can't afford the players he wants to bring in.

Well we were all being told that the reason we weren't buying anyone was because Jurgen didn't want anyone, we were told he was 100% happy with what he's got. His tone in recent press conferences doesn't quite back that up though, he's been saying we aren't the type of club who can buy big names every year and we need to find solutions from inside the current squad, he's been saying we are where we are and it is what it is type of thing. That's not quite the same as saying I don't want anyone because my squad can't be improved.
We are one of the biggest and best supported clubs on the planet, we play in the most lucrative league on the planet, we have just been to 2 consecutive CL finals, if we can't afford to buy at least one decent player then who the ***** can?
Even in the 50's when we were notoriously stingy the club always brought in a couple of first team players every year, we bought no one in January and now we are not going to buy anyone in this window either? Lol.
It's a shame Gerry Byrne is no longer with us, when City are lifting the league title next May we could have sent Gordon Milne and Gerry Byrne out to parade our stock price around Anfield like they did with the FA Cup back in 65.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:25 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:30 am wrote:I don't think its Klopp who isnt signing players but the club. Last years outlay was big but badly needed and now I he is paying the price for it. Imo they want him to get the best out of whats here before we spend again next summer after we sell one of our stars to pay for it.

Sorry but there is nothing to suggest that at all

Klopp is clearly the one picking the players and Edwards doing the Admin , if there is a player he wants the club goes and get him , it’s not a money issue.

It’s been said time after time that Klopp likes to work with small personal squads and only brings in players that he thinks will fit in both playing wise and personality wise and if that player isn’t there he just doesn’t buy for the sake of it.

Klopp would have walked away if he was allowed to bring in players

It’s clear that people think we should buy this person and that and I’m sure that the football club they manage is doing really well but Christ can we not just give our manager the respect he has earned and trust his judgement
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:03 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:35 pm wrote:We play Sporting Lisbon tonight so let's hope Bruno Fernandes shows us something to make Klopp realise we're missing a creative player in the team.

Well we were all being told that the reason we weren't buying anyone was because Jurgen didn't want anyone, we were told he was 100% happy with what he's got. His tone in recent press conferences doesn't quite back that up though, he's been saying we aren't the type of club who can buy big names every year and we need to find solutions from inside the current squad, he's been saying we are where we are and it is what it is type of thing. That's not quite the same as saying I don't want anyone because my squad can't be improved.
We are one of the biggest and best supported clubs on the planet, we play in the most lucrative league on the planet, we have just been to 2 consecutive CL finals, if we can't afford to buy at least one decent player then who the ***** can?
Even in the 50's when we were notoriously stingy the club always brought in a couple of first team players every year, we bought no one in January and now we are not going to buy anyone in this window either? Lol.
It's a shame Gerry Byrne is no longer with us, when City are lifting the league title next May we could have sent Gordon Milne and Gerry Byrne out to parade our stock price around Anfield like they did with the FA Cup back in 65.

It shows was a miserable f*ck You are by giving City the title already. You don’t have a clue and your lack of support for the manager and club is poor
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 pm

Maybe FSG think keeping Origi and the Ox coming back from injury is like signing two players, if things dont go to plan before xmas see some panic buying in Jan
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:25 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:30 am wrote:I don't think its Klopp who isnt signing players but the club. Last years outlay was big but badly needed and now I he is paying the price for it. Imo they want him to get the best out of whats here before we spend again next summer after we sell one of our stars to pay for it.

Klopp is clearly the one picking the players and Edwards doing the Admin , if there is a player he wants the club goes and get him , it’s not a money issue.

It’s been said time after time that Klopp likes to work with small personal squads and only brings in players that he thinks will fit in both playing wise and personality wise and if that player isn’t there he just doesn’t buy for the sake of it.

It’s clear that people think we should buy this person and that and I’m sure that the football club they manage is doing really well but Christ can we not just give our manager the respect he has earned and trust his judgement

If he isnt buying because he doesn't want who us available then fair enough let's hope that's the reason.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:53 pm

What players are really available though ? And at a respectable prize , and that will be part of a squad etc etc - lots of the names being spoken about i suspect Klopp just doesn’t want
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:51 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:25 pm wrote:

The club is designed to function regardless of who the manager is. Recently it was said that the club works 2 windows in advance so players were lined up before Klopp even came here. We also said in the past that we had been monitoring Van Dijk in his Celtic days but when he moved to Southampton we didn't make a bid because the time wasn't right. Edwards is running the show along with Hunter and Fallows in talent spotting and recruitment. The Manager has total control over the team but not as much with the recruitment end of it. Salah being an example and how they had to persuade Jurgen to take him. I have no doubt the Manager can recommend or ask for players he wants but getting them is another thing. They might not be available or it just isn't the right time.

Klopp signed up to the long term plan that the Club has going so he knew what he was working with form the get go. He is a manager that is honest and will honour his contract professionally but he is just a part of the project like Rodgers was. It could be possible that Klopp just doesn't fancy the players on the list they give him and he'd rather stick it out with what he has.

I have nothing but adoration and respect for Klopp. He is the best Manager we could get and I love the guy to bits.

I don't think its a money issue rather than an unwillingness to spend it. They are always talking stuff like its tough for us to do business because clubs want to rip us off. Because its Liverpool the price automatically doubles and recently I had read that if we enquire about a player then the other club is worried we know something they don't and hike up the price. We have to have the money as the club is doing so well on and off the field so when we do go on a splurge in the transfer market it would be nice if it didn't just happen to coincide with one of our stars leaving.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:09 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:27 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:03 pm wrote:

It shows was a miserable f*ck You are by giving City the title already. You don’t have a clue and your lack of support for the manager and club is poor

Who do you think you are talking to? I don't call you or anyone else names for that matter and this might be old fashioned but I expect the same courtesy back. I've got an opinion on football, fvcking deal with it. If you can't address someone's post without being abusive don't fvcking bother replying, it's as simple as that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:35 am

red till i die!! » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:51 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:25 pm wrote:

The club is designed to function regardless of who the manager is. Recently it was said that the club works 2 windows in advance so players were lined up before Klopp even came here. We also said in the past that we had been monitoring Van Dijk in his Celtic days but when he moved to Southampton we didn't make a bid because the time wasn't right. Edwards is running the show along with Hunter and Fallows in talent spotting and recruitment. The Manager has total control over the team but not as much with the recruitment end of it. Salah being an example and how they had to persuade Jurgen to take him. I have no doubt the Manager can recommend or ask for players he wants but getting them is another thing. They might not be available or it just isn't the right time.

Klopp signed up to the long term plan that the Club has going so he knew what he was working with form the get go. He is a manager that is honest and will honour his contract professionally but he is just a part of the project like Rodgers was. It could be possible that Klopp just doesn't fancy the players on the list they give him and he'd rather stick it out with what he has.

I have nothing but adoration and respect for Klopp. He is the best Manager we could get and I love the guy to bits.

I don't think its a money issue rather than an unwillingness to spend it. They are always talking stuff like its tough for us to do business because clubs want to rip us off. Because its Liverpool the price automatically doubles and recently I had read that if we enquire about a player then the other club is worried we know something they don't and hike up the price. We have to have the money as the club is doing so well on and off the field so when we do go on a splurge in the transfer market it would be nice if it didn't just happen to coincide with one of our stars leaving.

Yeah, I remember the first signing Klopp made (I think it was Grujic) he basically admitted in a press conference that he didn't know much about him and hadn't seen him play. It struck me as odd at the time because it was Jurgen's second window as Liverpool manager (he didn't buy anyone in his first) so it wasn't as if he'd inherited the Grujic deal from the previous regime or anything.
He's obviously in the loop but it looks like we've opted for the continental approach where the clubs buy the players and the managers just coach them.
To be fair if it is the club signing the players they have done a good job, our recent record in the transfer market is really, really good and tbh I couldn't give a ***** who signs them just as long as they turn out to be good players.
If it is the club deciding who we sign though, there's a good chance they will be the ones deciding when we sign someone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:08 am

Grujic was discovered via Buvac's connections so would not have had much to do with the recruitment team at Liverpool. But what it does show is that Klopp is a real leader who empowers and trusts the people around him.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:23 am

It's not old fashioned Yakka, it is the bare minimum. It seems uncalled for Lallana, when Yakka posts it is clearly his opinion and he doesn’t force it down anyone’s throat, there is no arrogance in his tone like he knows everything. He has a point of view that I don’t have a problem reading as i can make my own mind up, sometimes the differing points of view give all the facts and that is why debate is a healthy thing.

For my point of view I do think chemistry is key with Klopp sides as they play for the collective not for the individual. I would bet that Klopp turns players down that don’t fit his ethos as talented as they may be and it is probably harder to find players that can gel than players that are talented. I think bringing in a top player every year will definitely have it’s dramas in the dressing room. So far Klopp has been spot on when it comes to transfers and i think he has no problem pulling the trigger when he finds a player he wants. When Klopp says it’ll be a quiet summer I don’t think it is because he has his hands tied, i think it is because there is no one he really wants.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:27 am

Wonder what Jurgen was saying to Fernandez when he had his arm around him after the match last night
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill