Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:28 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standa ... html%3famp

Players signing new contracts is our transfer business for this year.  Klopp must be the only manager in world football to believe he cant improve his team in any area which i doubt is the case. We were never signing anyone this window because the club planned not to.

We still have a good 11 and a few that can do a job so hopefully we have some more fortune regarding injuries again because our season will depend on it.
Keita has had a lot of injuries so far along with Shaq who missed loads last season. Lallana is finished  imo and especially if hes deployed as a 6 because he will be walked over. Then there is Ox who is a good player but man is he dogged with injuries. If these lads can remain fit and ready when needed we will be good.

VAR is going to have a big impact this season lads and it will effect the big teams in some games. Thats why i think less than 97 points will be enough to be winners.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:15 pm

Jurgen's in the Echo saying Divock is going to play a more prominent role for us next season. He's going to get a lot more game time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:57 pm

The only time it might be justifiable to do nothing is:

1. you have no money
2. The team can't be improved

and to a lesser extent if you have won the league a few times in row

None of of those conditions are true and it's PATHETIC to use name like Brewster as some kind of savior who will come in and be solid.
Really? A young player with 0 PL experience is going to come in to a team fighting for the title? What a joke.
Our midfield is one of the worst of the top 6 but it obviously can't be improved. Pathetic excuses and it will hurt when fail next season....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:14 am

Penguins » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:57 pm wrote:The only time it might be justifiable to do nothing is:

1. you have no money
2. The team can't be improved

and to a lesser extent if you have won the league a few times in row

None of of those conditions are true and it's PATHETIC to use name like Brewster as some kind of savior who will come in and be solid.
Really? A young player with 0 PL experience is going to come in to a team fighting for the title? What a joke.
Our midfield is one of the worst of the top 6 but it obviously can't be improved. Pathetic excuses and it will hurt when fail next season....

I Agree. I can live with us not signing anyone ,i'll be disappointed , but the BS is what rubs me the wrong way.
Injured players coming back from  Injury are NOT new signings ,Academy players with Zero PL experience aren't New signings ,Players coming from Loan are Not new signings.
Cut the BS is the only thing i request.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:07 am

People do realise the likes of Brewster are squad back ups

We have currently 3/4 players to support the front three and in a better position than the players that supported the front three last year ? Wilson will likely leave and when he does Klopp will look to get a replacement

But the reaction of people just because we are spending millions is embarrassing- do people just want anyone to arrive and for a lot of money and regardless of whether he fits the managers plans ? Or would they prefer for it to be left to the manager to deal with it ?

It’s as bad as the red top media looking for blood - this squad is a very good squad , one that won the CL and was just pipped to the title - he will move forward again this season , the sooner the window shuts the better so all the crying and overreacting can stop

What does it take for people to actually have faith in our manager
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:49 pm

It's not about blindly spending millions, it's about building on last season and strengthening the squad and 1st team, imo we really could do with an attacking midfielder. No team can stand still, you always have to improve or you will be left behind.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Boocity » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:49 pm wrote:It's not about blindly spending millions, it's about building on last season and strengthening the squad and 1st team, imo we really could do with an attacking midfielder. No team can stand still, you always have to improve or you will be left behind.

We have an attacking midfielder who is returning from a season long injury - Ox , Klopp is not going to sign one when he has faith in Ox.

And why can’t the team improve without signing players ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:26 pm

What about the January transfer window.. Players were getting tired and we were getting lucky winning games with late goals. We could all see we needed a creative player for these kind of tight games.. Klopp stayed stubborn and went with what we had.

We drew with Leicester, West Ham, Man Utd and Everton the following month costing us 8 points.. And we lost the league by 1 point.

We won the UCL but let's be honest if not for that 2nd leg vs Barca our opinions on Klopp would be very different.. We would be moaning that he'd messed up 3 years in a row by not taking advantage in the transfer window.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:30 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:56 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:49 pm wrote:It's not about blindly spending millions, it's about building on last season and strengthening the squad and 1st team, imo we really could do with an attacking midfielder. No team can stand still, you always have to improve or you will be left behind.

We have an attacking midfielder who is returning from a season long injury - Ox , Klopp is not going to sign one when he has faith in Ox.

What I've seen from Ox in this pre season is that he's nowhere near at the level he needs to be at at starting any games for us.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:32 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:30 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:56 pm wrote:

What I've seen from Ox in this pre season is that he's nowhere near at the level he needs to be at at starting any games for us.

Then it will be Keita or Gini or -Shaqiri - the manager has options , unless someone left another midfielder won’t arrive
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:00 pm

Have you been watching the Napoli game, we look awful so far
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:03 pm

We are also missing three of our biggest players and it’s just pre season against a team with nearly their strongest team.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:33 pm

And by saying that your argument is thrown out of the window...
IF our play suffers SO much when missing our forwards then WHY not have another quality forward to avoid that danger?

and this quote is the problem:

"Then it will be Keita or Gini or -Shaqiri - the manager has options , unless someone left another midfielder won’t arrive"

There do actually exist players that can improve the squad, trust me. Those 3 are not the creme de la creme in the footballing world... :Oo:
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:39 pm

Penguins » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:33 pm wrote:And by saying that your argument is thrown out of the window...
IF our play suffers SO much when missing our forwards then WHY not have another quality forward to avoid that danger?

We are missing all three - not one or two but three , we beat Barcelona missing two of them because others can step up and play -we have three world class forwards , they are going to play week in week out , if we lose one we have cover and that happened last year , same when we lost two - but losing three will be a problem for every single team. The team will be miles better the minute one of them are in the team then two then three

and this quote is the problem:

"Then it will be Keita or Gini or -Shaqiri - the manager has options , unless someone left another midfielder won’t arrive"

There do actually exist players that can improve the squad, trust me. Those 3 are not the creme de la creme in the footballing world... :Oo:

But Klopp trusts then - he just spent nearly 100mil on two of them over the last two years and isn’t going to jettison them to bring in another.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red_indian » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:44 pm

I’ve not been watching the game today, but our friendliest must highlight that for us attack is the best form of defence. But with our top three missing we are not able to offer that right now.

Without that even our famed defence may struggle against good opponents. Our replacements are just not good enough if we lose one/two of the front three for any more than the odd game.

If now, after two successive CL finals and a second place finish, is not our time/year to invest - after a net spend of just £77m under Klopp - then I’m not sure when would be???
red_indian

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill