Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Boocity » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:08 pm wrote:We are paper thin without our front three, how about Bale on loan as cover. He wouldn't expect to play every game as he doesn't with RM and there are plenty of golf courses around Liverpool

:laugh:    :bowdown

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:54 pm

All the journalists with links to the club say we would like to bring in someone who can play in the front 3.

I think one of the difficulties we have is that we have a front 3 which is more established and settled than any other in Europe. So it's difficult to attract any top players as they'll be spending the majority of the season on the bench and missing all the big games unless there is an injury. I think we'll get someone a little younger who would be happy with 20-30 starts rather than 50-60. Someone at the level of Mane when he went to Southampton or Salah when he went to Chelsea.

Neil Jones who used to work at the Echo and now works for Goal has linked us to Samuel Chukwueze from Villarreal. It wouldn’t surprise me if we bought in someone of that sort of profile.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:54 pm wrote:All the journalists with links to the club say we would like to bring in someone who can play in the front 3.

I think one of the difficulties we have is that we have a front 3 which is more established and settled than any other in Europe. So it's difficult to attract any top players as they'll be spending the majority of the season on the bench and missing all the big games unless there is an injury. I think we'll get someone a little younger who would be happy with 20-30 starts rather than 50-60. Someone at the level of Mane when he went to Southampton or Salah when he went to Chelsea.

Neil Jones who used to work at the Echo and now works for Goal has linked us to Samuel Chukwueze from Villarreal. It wouldn’t surprise me if we bought in someone of that sort of profile.

Great, another one that will get called up to the African Nations in the future
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:54 pm wrote:All the journalists with links to the club say we would like to bring in someone who can play in the front 3.

Or just get Coutinho back and play with a front 4.
City play with a front 5 and yes every now and again they get caught out but they win a hell of a lot of games by just overwhelming teams with their attack.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:29 pm

Boocity » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:08 pm wrote:We are paper thin without our front three, how about Bale on loan as cover. He wouldn't expect to play every game as he doesn't with RM and there are plenty of golf courses around Liverpool

Bale would be great - shame his wages are massive
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:59 pm wrote:

Or just get Coutinho back and play with a front 4.
City play with a front 5 and yes every now and again they get caught out but they win a hell of a lot of games by just overwhelming teams with their attack.

Coutinho will not be coming back to the club - the manager won’t ever forget how he treated the club and it’s fans ( well apart from you )
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:46 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:29 pm wrote:

:laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:17 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:25 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:29 pm wrote:

If RM are as desperate to get rid of him as is said, on a loan deal we could negotiate them paying half his wages
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:26 am

Also we could throw in a membership at Allerton municipal golf club to sweeten the deal
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:00 am

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... s-16634983

“It's not easy,” says Klopp. “I said last year that to improve the team is not easy with reasonable money. With crazy money, you always can do it – okay, you pay whatever you want, then it's possible.
“We are not a club like that. We cannot do that. We are really wealthy but we cannot do what some other teams are doing. That's how it is.
“But we don't have to. We have to find solutions during the season. Yes, you find sometimes the solution in the transfer market and we have done that. I don't have to name the players, everybody knows.
“But otherwise you have to find the solutions on the training ground and that's what we do now.”

Personally I still think we could well afford 30 or 40mil on someone and it is possible to find quality. Fekir went in the end for 20 mil which is what we got for Ings.

I think its looking like we are pretty much going with what we have so hopefully we can keep goal scorers fit and in the side. We do have depth but players like Shaq, Keita and Lallana need to be available when needed. Ox is another one I would worry about.

Anyway the Gaffer is happy so can't wait till we go again even if it is with what we have.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:03 am

Bale  :laugh: Shuh why not add Eriksen as well  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:00 am

More likely with Klopp, its that the player he wants isn't available this window.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:30 am

I don't think its Klopp who isnt signing players but the club. Last years outlay was big but badly needed and now I he is paying the price for it. Imo they want him to get the best out of whats here before we spend again next summer after we sell one of our stars to pay for it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:56 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:30 am wrote:I don't think its Klopp who isnt signing players but the club. Last years outlay was big but badly needed and now I he is paying the price for it. Imo they want him to get the best out of whats here before we spend again next summer after we sell one of our stars to pay for it.

Yeah I agree, the way Klopp is talking it's almost as if his hands are tied and he has to just get on with it.
I honestly don't know what the club is playing at, bought no one in January, buying no one in the summer, this is after getting to consecutive CL finals as well. Looks like we are more interested in trying to emulate Arsenal's business model than emulate our title winning feats of the past.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill