Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:44 am

Boocity » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:27 am wrote:Wonder what Jurgen was saying to Fernandez when he had his arm around him after the match last night

Probably telling him Utd are a mess and Solskjaer is another Moyes so he should stay at Lisbon.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:57 pm

kazza » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:23 am wrote:It's not old fashioned Yakka, it is the bare minimum. It seems uncalled for Lallana, when Yakka posts it is clearly his opinion and he doesn’t force it down anyone’s throat, there is no arrogance in his tone like he knows everything. He has a point of view that I don’t have a problem reading as i can make my own mind up, sometimes the differing points of view give all the facts and that is why debate is a healthy thing.

For my point of view I do think chemistry is key with Klopp sides as they play for the collective not for the individual. I would bet that Klopp turns players down that don’t fit his ethos as talented as they may be and it is probably harder to find players that can gel than players that are talented. I think bringing in a top player every year will definitely have it’s dramas in the dressing room. So far Klopp has been spot on when it comes to transfers and i think he has no problem pulling the trigger when he finds a player he wants. When Klopp says it’ll be a quiet summer I don’t think it is because he has his hands tied, i think it is because there is no one he really wants.

When someone spends all last season moaning about how our midfield is not good enough and then fails to realise how wrong he was and then spends all summer moaning about the transfers and then posts that City have already won the title I’ll happily call him miserable and it’s poor support towards the manager , he shows a clear lack of trust in the manager and his decisions and choice despite I suspect proving him wrong every single time. I suspect he is no doubt a Rafa fan who still harks back to those days and is constantly looking backwards at players.

Thankfully as a club we are moving forward - but some dinosaurs will be left behind
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:58 pm

Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:44 am wrote:
Boocity » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:27 am wrote:Wonder what Jurgen was saying to Fernandez when he had his arm around him after the match last night

Probably telling him Utd are a mess and Solskjaer is another Moyes so he should stay at Lisbon.

:laugh:  :laugh:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:18 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:57 am wrote:
kazza » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:23 am wrote:It's not old fashioned Yakka, it is the bare minimum. It seems uncalled for Lallana, when Yakka posts it is clearly his opinion and he doesn’t force it down anyone’s throat, there is no arrogance in his tone like he knows everything. He has a point of view that I don’t have a problem reading as i can make my own mind up, sometimes the differing points of view give all the facts and that is why debate is a healthy thing.

For my point of view I do think chemistry is key with Klopp sides as they play for the collective not for the individual. I would bet that Klopp turns players down that don’t fit his ethos as talented as they may be and it is probably harder to find players that can gel than players that are talented. I think bringing in a top player every year will definitely have it’s dramas in the dressing room. So far Klopp has been spot on when it comes to transfers and i think he has no problem pulling the trigger when he finds a player he wants. When Klopp says it’ll be a quiet summer I don’t think it is because he has his hands tied, i think it is because there is no one he really wants.

When someone spends all last season moaning about how our midfield is not good enough and then fails to realise how wrong he was and then spends all summer moaning about the transfers and then posts that City have already won the title I’ll happily call him miserable and it’s poor support towards the manager , he shows a clear lack of trust in the manager and his decisions and choice despite I suspect proving him wrong every single time. I suspect he is no doubt a Rafa fan who still harks back to those days and is constantly looking backwards at players.

Thankfully as a club we are moving forward - but some dinosaurs will be left behind

There's a difference between calling me miserable and a miserable *****, you clearly don't know how to speak to people.
Btw I still don't think our midfield is good enough, we can see that now in pre season, it's being carried by a great attack and a great defence. Without our front 3 we are one ordinary side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:44 pm

Pig Catcher wrote:Grujic was discovered via Buvac's connections so would not have had much to do with the recruitment team at Liverpool. But what it does show is that Klopp is a real leader who empowers and trusts the people around him.

This is the OP from the Grujic thread.

In joining Liverpool, he becomes Jürgen Klopp’s first signing as Reds boss.

Klopp said: “We’re very pleased because Marko is a big talent and we’ve seen him a lot of times.

“When I came here, our scouts showed me some footage of a very skilled player from Red Star Belgrade. We watched it, we spoke to him, we met each other – he’s a good boy, a young boy but plays an important role at the moment at Red Star, who are the best team in Serbia.

Klopp probably never even heard of Marko before being shown the video. Buvac is Serbian and maybe helped get it over the line but that is about as far as the connection goes because he arrived with Klopp and our scouts were already monitoring the lad.

I genuinely believe if Klopp scouted or wanted him he would be here apart of the squad and being moulded into the player he wants.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:24 pm

Don't buy the club mantra that money is an issue, everyone's too expensive, no way. My concern is burnout of front 3 and if the rest can stay injury free or sustain the standard if they break down. Up against the power of Man City its a concern as a supporter we are standing still.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:38 pm

We seem to be taking in so much money.. The UCL and the league would have easily made us £200m+ then we have taken on more sponsors than ever.. We now have MGM motors and BetVictor as partners to the club.

We have just made ourselves exclusive to EA Sports for the upcoming Fifa games.

We obviously have big deals with New Balance, Standard charted and Western Union.

And if rumours are true could be on verge of a £800m deal with Nike which would be the biggest deal in the prem.

The club has doubled its valuation and we have one of the best managers in the world.. Players actually want to join us right now.

But no.. We'll come within a Inch of winning the league and then not take this massive opportunity of improving the squad.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:47 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:38 pm wrote:We seem to be taking in so much money.. The UCL and the league would have easily made us £200m+ then we have taken on more sponsors than ever.. We now have MGM motors and BetVictor as partners to the club.

We obviously have big deals with New Balance, Standard charted and Western Union.

And if rumours are true could be on verge of a £800m deal with Nike which would be the biggest deal in the prem.

The club has doubled its valuation and we have one of the best managers in the world.. Players actually want to join us right now.

But no.. We'll come within a Inch of winning the league and then not take this massive opportunity of improving the squad.

What if this is down to Klopp himself just not seeing anyone he wants ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:13 pm

Just been on Sky Sports News that Newcastle and Aston Villa have held talks with Liverpool regarding signing Harry Wilson. Sky also reckon Everton are in 'advanced talks' with Palace over Wilfried Zaha as well. I wouldn't have minded Zaha here tbh, on his day he is a right handful.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red_indian » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:02 am

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:38 pm wrote:We seem to be taking in so much money.. The UCL and the league would have easily made us £200m+ then we have taken on more sponsors than ever.. We now have MGM motors and BetVictor as partners to the club.

Yeah, it’s bonkers. Based on my numbers our net spend (assuming all money changed on all transfers) since Klopp took over is just £77m - that’s how much some teams have spent on one player. Plus he had to start with a worse squad vs. our rivals.

He can clearly pick a player, so give home the money. If he does not plan to stay beyond his usual 7 years then the next couple of years are our best chance to win the PL.

It must be the case that if he were told you have £200m to spend that he could find 3-4 first team players or decent first change options.
red_indian

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:53 am

The window shuts in 12 days, In all my years supporting Liverpool this is the quietest summer I can ever remember.
I used to look forward to this time of the year as well, being linked with players and seeing new players arrive has always been a big part of the game.
All this pre season has done is just underscore how heavily we rely on our front 3.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:33 am

I just hope something is going on in the background, like going for Fernandes, a creative midfielder who can score goals is what we need.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:46 am

It kind of shows lack of foresight as well because it’s not often a manager like Jurgen comes a long; considering he won us a major trophy on peanuts, imagine what he can do with more backing. I don’t believe this passivity in the market is entirely down to him. I’m getting fed up of the club twiddling it’s thumbs in nearly every window when there’s an opportunity to advance. It’s not going to be any easier than it is now to win the title considering Arsenal, Chelsea and United are all in transition, and Tottenham are just Tottenham. Don’t tell me the money isn’t there because after last season we’re swimming in it, and we should be reinvesting it back into the squad.

I’m grateful to the owners for at least providing some stability to the club over the past decade, but now’s the time to show a bit more ambition, surely?
Franky000

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:12 pm

Franky000 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:46 am wrote:It kind of shows lack of foresight as well because it’s not often a manager like Jurgen comes a long; considering he won us a major trophy on peanuts, imagine what he can do with more backing. I don’t believe this passivity in the market is entirely down to him. I’m getting fed up of the club twiddling it’s thumbs in nearly every window when there’s an opportunity to advance. It’s not going to be any easier than it is now to win the title considering Arsenal, Chelsea and United are all in transition, and Tottenham are just Tottenham. Don’t tell me the money isn’t there because after last season we’re swimming in it, and we should be reinvesting it back into the squad.

I’m grateful to the owners for at least providing some stability to the club over the past decade, but now’s the time to show a bit more ambition, surely?

Yeah I agree, Jurgen isn't saying I don't want to sign any players because my squad is perfect and it can't be improved, he's actually saying we aren't the type of club who can spend big every year and we need to find solutions from inside the group.
Now if the club are tightening their belts because they are about to spend £100m+ on a new Anny Road stand then that's fair enough, adding to our capacity does move the club forward,  personally though I would have left the stand for another year or two and used our CL win and back to back appearances in the final to attract top quality players.
Imo at this particular moment in time winning the title should be our priority, not adding 6,000 seats to our gate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:55 pm

Franky000 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:46 am wrote:It kind of shows lack of foresight as well because it’s not often a manager like Jurgen comes a long; considering he won us a major trophy on peanuts, imagine what he can do with more backing. I don’t believe this passivity in the market is entirely down to him. I’m getting fed up of the club twiddling it’s thumbs in nearly every window when there’s an opportunity to advance. It’s not going to be any easier than it is now to win the title considering Arsenal, Chelsea and United are all in transition, and Tottenham are just Tottenham. Don’t tell me the money isn’t there because after last season we’re swimming in it, and we should be reinvesting it back into the squad.

Seriously you guys really do need to open your eyes

Club twiddling their thumbs in the transfer market ?! Are you serious ? Since Klopp arrived the whole squad had been overhauled with countless signings arriving that the manager wanted

FFS why don’t people for once give the club and manager the credit they deserve and understand that they know what they are doing , the manager knows his squad , he knows what players he wants , he knows how the system works

Hasn’t the last 3 years taught people that they know how it works and the club has no stood still once since Klopp arrived

How about giving them some much deserved faith in their abilities

There is a very high chance that it’s Klopp calling the shots on the players arriving - in fact it’s almost a guarantee so if someone does or doesn’t arrive it’s the managers choice and we should trust that choice

The transfer windows have turned fan bases into reactionary idiots , far too many get sucked into all the gossip and rumours and then throw their teddies about when unsurprisingly the rumours are nonsense
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill