Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:15 am

Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 pm wrote:Well we certainly don't have the sort of money we had last year. Last year we sold Coutinho (£142,000,000), Danny Ward (£12,500,000), Klavan (£2,000,000) and Ings (£20,000,000), and that helped us commit to the signings of Van djik (£75,000,000), Keita (£52,750,000), Fabinho (£43,700,000), Shaq (£13,750,000) and Alisson (£65,000,000).

I imagine our Champions League win resulted in a number of transfer fee add-ons as well as player/staff bonuses being triggered. Probably runs into the 10s of millions. We also need to fund the new training ground, continue making repayments on the loan for the Main Stand and find a way forward with the Anfield Road End redevelopment.

People thinking we're sitting on 100s of millions pounds like Arsenal and Man Utd are mistaken. Just go look at what was in the bank in the last set of accounts. But could we commit to a £50 mil signing without selling anyone? I reckon so.

It's clear Klopp doesn't think we need major work so we're going to be far more surgical in the market this summer. As he always does, Klopp is playing down transfers, but I'm pretty sure we'll see 1-3 signings before the season starts.

Good post
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:01 pm

The only thing that concerns me, is that at times last season, our midfield looked very flat, devoid of any creativity and Keita had a right stinker of a debut season.

it's debatable whether we NEED to sign anyone, we have plenty of numbers of players in our squad, but do we have the right QUALITY throughout the team.!?

All I will say is, line up our squad next to Man City's.......Who has the better strength and depth in all positions? We are aiming to win the league, right!?

reaching 97 points again this season is a tall order. In my opinion, Oxlaide-Chamberlain needs to stay fit all season as he could be a key player for us.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:03 pm

Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 pm wrote:Well we certainly don't have the sort of money we had last year. Last year we sold Coutinho (£142,000,000), Danny Ward (£12,500,000), Klavan (£2,000,000) and Ings (£20,000,000), and that helped us commit to the signings of Van djik (£75,000,000), Keita (£52,750,000), Fabinho (£43,700,000), Shaq (£13,750,000) and Alisson (£65,000,000).

I imagine our Champions League win resulted in a number of transfer fee add-ons as well as player/staff bonuses being triggered. Probably runs into the 10s of millions. We also need to fund the new training ground, continue making repayments on the loan for the Main Stand and find a way forward with the Anfield Road End redevelopment.

People thinking we're sitting on 100s of millions pounds like Arsenal and Man Utd are mistaken. Just go look at what was in the bank in the last set of accounts. But could we commit to a £50 mil signing without selling anyone? I reckon so.

It's clear Klopp doesn't think we need major work so we're going to be far more surgical in the market this summer. As he always does, Klopp is playing down transfers, but I'm pretty sure we'll see 1-3 signings before the season starts.

Yes but we won a lot of money in prizes last year for our champions league success and finishing second in the league, surely we could afford ONE 60m player if the right player came along.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Why are we holding on to players like Clyne ?. Was just reading that he could be set to stay despite offers. Similar story with Migs and Lovren.

None are 1st team so can be certainly replaced with lads from the u23's. If we are willing to replace one of our front 3 with Brewster then similar could be done here and we cash in.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:22 pm

Linked again with Kai Havertz which would be a unbelievable signing.. He's only 20 year old aswell.

The only stumbling block is that Leverkusen want £80million.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:55 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:33 pm wrote:Why are we holding on to players like Clyne ?. Was just reading that he could be set to stay despite offers. Similar story with Migs and Lovren.

None are 1st team so can be certainly replaced with lads from the u23's. If we are willing to replace one of our front 3 with Brewster then similar could be done here and we cash in.

So on one hand people want us to strengthen the squad spending money and on the other now people are questioning why we are keeping strong back up players ?!?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Agreed. Mignolet, Clyne and Lovren are as good as back-up players go, I'd rather keep them than let them go and sign new back-up players. Except for Lovren, I'd rather sell him.

I said before the transfer window opened that we needed to sign a back-up goalie, a back-up fullback and a QUALITY back-up forward. But since we're keeping Mings and Clyne, we don't need the first two, but I still think we need one £50-60m forward in case one of our main front 3 gets injured. All 3 of them will miss most of pre-season and Mane will probably even miss the start of the season, so we'd be mad not to sign a new forward player.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:30 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:55 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:33 pm wrote:Why are we holding on to players like Clyne ?. Was just reading that he could be set to stay despite offers. Similar story with Migs and Lovren.

So on one hand people want us to strengthen the squad spending money and on the other now people are questioning why we are keeping strong back up players ?!?

What is the point in keeping Clyne then ? In case the 4 or 5 players Klopp will play ahead of him get injured ?. 

Mingolets time is up. He has been here long enough and has been ousted several times from the no 1 position. There is a reason for that and all he needs is a prolonged run to remind those whose memories might have forgot it. He wants regular game time and he won't get it here.

Lovren isn't good enough and we have options with Matip and Gomez plus we can add Fabinho if needed. Both Joe and Joel showed last season that they are more than capable. Being one of the 5 best defenders in the world means you play every week and he won't.

None of them improve the first 11 and certainly won't in a few years either so why keep them till they walk away for free. If they do stay this year the chances are they will play very little or not at all so technically they would be like 3 new players for the season after.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:40 am

gay
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 am

red till i die!! » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:30 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:55 pm wrote:

What is the point in keeping Clyne then ? In case the 4 or 5 players Klopp will play ahead of him get injured ?. 

Mingolets time is up. He has been here long enough and has been ousted several times from the no 1 position. There is a reason for that and all he needs is a prolonged run to remind those whose memories might have forgot it. He wants regular game time and he won't get it here.

Lovren isn't good enough and we have options with Matip and Gomez plus we can add Fabinho if needed. Both Joe and Joel showed last season that they are more than capable. Being one of the 5 best defenders in the world means you play every week and he won't.

None of them improve the first 11 and certainly won't in a few years either so why keep them till they walk away for free. If they do stay this year the chances are they will play very little or not at all so technically they would be like 3 new players for the season after.

You do realise that those three players are squad players ?!?

The whole idea for them is to be “back up” to the main guys - not many teams have three seasoned internationals able and willing to sit on the bench and be there for the squad

These guys would walk into most teams in the Prem

We need a strong squad and you want to sell strong squad players ?!!
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:23 pm

You do realise that those three players are squad players ?!?

The whole idea for them is to be “back up” to the main guys - not many teams have three seasoned internationals able and willing to sit on the bench and be there for the squad

These guys would walk into most teams in the Prem

We need a strong squad and you want to sell strong squad players ?!!

:nod  Agreed !

It's gonna be a long season, we're gonna need some "more than decent " back up.

The players mentioned (Clyne, Mignolet and Lovren) may not now be part of our "first eleven" but in terms of premiership experience and general ability they would form part of a "bench" that most teams would more than welcome.

I guess the knob heads will soon be adding Origi to their "Why is he here ?"  list

Really ***** off when some in here so readily dismiss their ability and what these players have contributed to the club  :kungfu:

For all the kunt's with short memories

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Clyne or Mignolet havent been a part of that team for the best part of 2 seasons now. Lovren granted has but lost out through injuries and was unable to claim his spot back because of how reliable Gomez and Matip proved to be.

They are 3 sellable assets who have reportedly attracted interested parties. All 3 want regular football and they wont get it here. Migs and Clyne will walk next season for free so why allow that.

We aren't looking to improve on the 1st 11 this window so why not look to improve the back up instead.

They have contributed to the club and some have a Cl winners medal to show for it. Thats reward enough.

It doesnt bother me if they stay and all leave for free but if an offer comes in then why not accept it.  Ye dont agree and thats fine..
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Who can you get to “improve” on them ?

They are not demanding to leave so why sell when they provide excellent back up
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:08 pm

Apparently Mane could barely muster a sprint in the ACN final, he was completely out on his feet.
He's going to need a lot more than a 16 day rest, he's been run into the ground. 13 solid months of top level football is just too much for the body to take. We are going to have to start the season without him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Cant believe Inter have offered 54m for Lukaku, I just dont know what people see in him, he just under achieves. Ok he looked okay at Everton but anyone who can kick a ball would look good there
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill