Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Speak for yourselves, I'd have him back, I think Brewster in particular would benefit greatly from having someone like Phil threading balls through for him to run onto. In the short time they played together as well Phil and Mo were like Kenny and Rushie. We'd be a better team with him in our squad and that's all I care about. It's 30 years this year in case anyone has forgotten, this is the longest we've gone without winning the title in our 127 year history.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 pm wrote:Speak for yourselves, I'd have him back, I think Brewster in particular would benefit greatly from having someone like Phil threading balls through for him to run onto. In the short time they played together as well Phil and Mo were like Kenny and Rushie. We'd be a better team with him in our squad and that's all I care about. It's 30 years this year in case anyone has forgotten, this is the longest we've gone without winning the title in our 127 year history.

He paid money to be able to leave the club - that is how desperate he was to leave , desperate to stop wearing the shirt , he faked an injury. Since when have we as Liverpool fans allowed a player to come back after showing that much disrespect to the club , his teammates , his manager and the fans of the club.

Maybe some don’t have morals anymore
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:29 pm

I'm not sure the way he left would be a defining point in not wanting him back. I think Klopp is a bigger man than to hold a grudge and it's just modern football TBH. Phil also had an excellent sixth months after being denied his transfer.

There probably is a price point it becomes attractive but I don't think it will get anywhere close to that and I also think he's a bit of a square peg for a round hole in a Klopp side.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:56 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 pm wrote:Speak for yourselves, I'd have him back, I think Brewster in particular would benefit greatly from having someone like Phil threading balls through for him to run onto. In the short time they played together as well Phil and Mo were like Kenny and Rushie. We'd be a better team with him in our squad and that's all I care about. It's 30 years this year in case anyone has forgotten, this is the longest we've gone without winning the title in our 127 year history.

He paid money to be able to leave the club - that is how desperate he was to leave , desperate to stop wearing the shirt , he faked an injury. Since when have we as Liverpool fans allowed a player to come back after showing that much disrespect to the club , his teammates , his manager and the fans of the club.

Maybe some don’t have morals anymore

I can honestly say that I am far, far more bothered about the fact that we haven't won the league title for 30 years than anything Coutinho did to engineer his way out of the club. To me that's just the way modern football is, we've got players in our team who have done the same to other clubs. Let's just win that fvcking league and worry about who said what afterwards, it's seriously getting beyond a joke now, you'd have to be about 40 to properly remember the last time we won it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:11 am

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:22 am

I sense there's an agreement between the top clubs not to spend big this window and to reduce player values and expectation. Why else would Spurs, Arsenal, LFC not spend what's necessary to improve their squads? There's more to this than meets the eye but it's not good news for us, we're still shy of 2+ top players. It's inexplicable why Spurs and Arsenal aren't spending.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:55 am

Reg » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:22 am wrote:I sense there's an agreement between the top clubs not to spend big this window and to reduce player values and expectation. Why else would Spurs, Arsenal, LFC not spend what's necessary to improve their squads? There's more to this than meets the eye but it's not good news for us, we're still shy of 2+ top players. It's inexplicable why Spurs and Arsenal aren't spending.

There is still 3 weeks of the window to go.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Reg » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:22 am wrote:we're still shy of 2+ top players. .

...can't agree more!  :nod
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:04 pm

Jürgen Klopp has spoken about the current transfer window and explained why Liverpool are unlikely to do significant business before the deadline.

The Reds manager insists he is ‘really happy’ with the make-up of a squad that clinched Champions League glory in Madrid last month.

Asked for an update on transfers and the prospect of outgoings in the coming weeks, Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com in Indiana: “We are pretty relaxed in that, we will see what’s coming up.

“How I said, it will not be the biggest transfer window of LFC; we invested a lot in the team in the last two years, I would say. We cannot spend every year in the same manner.

“People talk about it like, ‘Now another £300m or £200m’. There are maybe only two clubs in the world – it looks in the moment like Barcelona and [Real] Madrid can do the same – City and PSG that can do it every year.

“But we are fine. I’m happy with the team, we are really happy. We have to see if we find maybe one position, if we find something for it, but there’s no real pressure because it’s not about signing a player. We have solutions for all the situations.

“Do we have exactly the solution that everybody from outside would be 100 per cent happy? I don’t think so because people want to have world-class here, world-class here and the guy on the bench has to be world-class as well. That’s not so easy. But we are of course working on it.

“On the outgoing side, we are relaxed. The young boys are here and enjoyed working with us a lot. Not to forget Naby and Shaq are injured still and are not here with us. Players will come back.

“I’m really looking forward to the season, it will be really exciting again.”

read into that what you will. The manger seems happy with what we have, so I'm not expecting any big business to happen..
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:40 pm

No one is asking the club to spend ridiculous amounts every transfer window. Besides klopp has had many a lean window since he came here and last years splurge was heavilly funded by coutinhos exit.

How much say does klopp actually have in aquiring players ?. Edwards and co pretty much do it all imo and Klopp gets to pick from a list they supply. I also reckon he does get to identify some players he wants but the bulk of it is done by the others.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:10 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 pm wrote:No one is asking the club to spend ridiculous amounts every transfer window. Besides klopp has had many a lean window since he came here and last years splurge was heavilly funded by coutinhos exit.

How much say does klopp actually have in aquiring players ?. Edwards and co pretty much do it all imo and Klopp gets to pick from a list they supply. I also reckon he does get to identify some players he wants but the bulk of it is done by the others.

Exactly, Everyone was bragging how low our 5 year nett spend was even after we signed Virgil and Alisson, now apparently we need to let the credit card cool down because we've maxed it out. What an opportunity we had this summer to really kick on, if 30 years turns into 31 I will be so disappointed it will be untrue.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:10 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 pm wrote:No one is asking the club to spend ridiculous amounts every transfer window. Besides klopp has had many a lean window since he came here and last years splurge was heavilly funded by coutinhos exit.

Exactly, Everyone was bragging how low our 5 year nett spend was even after we signed Virgil and Alisson, now apparently we need to let the credit card cool down because we've maxed it out. What an opportunity we had this summer to really kick on, if 30 years turns into 31 I will be so disappointed it will be untrue.

Who says we have maxed out the credit card ?

Can you understand that it more than likely is Klopp calling the shots on which players to buy and he doesn’t actually want anyone beyond boosting the young ones

Are you incapable of seeing this is down to Klopp and nothing to do with not having money to spend.

The season hasn’t even f*cking started and you have the razor blades out

Why can’t this squad kick on under Klopp
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:35 pm

Well we certainly don't have the sort of money we had last year. Last year we sold Coutinho (£142,000,000), Danny Ward (£12,500,000), Klavan (£2,000,000) and Ings (£20,000,000), and that helped us commit to the signings of Van djik (£75,000,000), Keita (£52,750,000), Fabinho (£43,700,000), Shaq (£13,750,000) and Alisson (£65,000,000).

I imagine our Champions League win resulted in a number of transfer fee add-ons as well as player/staff bonuses being triggered. Probably runs into the 10s of millions. We also need to fund the new training ground, continue making repayments on the loan for the Main Stand and find a way forward with the Anfield Road End redevelopment.

People thinking we're sitting on 100s of millions pounds like Arsenal and Man Utd are mistaken. Just go look at what was in the bank in the last set of accounts. But could we commit to a £50 mil signing without selling anyone? I reckon so.

It's clear Klopp doesn't think we need major work so we're going to be far more surgical in the market this summer. As he always does, Klopp is playing down transfers, but I'm pretty sure we'll see 1-3 signings before the season starts.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:56 pm

Listening to Jurgen's pre match prezza for the Dortmund game it seems crazy to me that we arent strengthening the squad.
Jurgen mentioned that Mane's season has lasted 13 straight months and will only end after this weekends ACN final. After the final there's only a 16 day gap before we play City in the charity shield.
He also mentioned that because of the WC and Copa America the likes of Firmino, Alisson etc have also played a lot of football over the last 2 years without much rest as well. He bemoaned the fact that because of the delay between the end of the premier league season and the CL final our domestic rivals have pretty much had an extra months rest compared to us.
I think we'll be extremely fortunate to get through next season without our forwards succumbing to fatigue or injury. They need to have a look at a lot of these international tournaments imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:03 pm

Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:35 pm wrote:Well we certainly don't have the sort of money we had last year. Last year we sold Coutinho (£142,000,000), Danny Ward (£12,500,000), Klavan (£2,000,000) and Ings (£20,000,000), and that helped us commit to the signings of Van djik (£75,000,000), Keita (£52,750,000), Fabinho (£43,700,000), Shaq (£13,750,000) and Alisson (£65,000,000).

I imagine our Champions League win resulted in a number of transfer fee add-ons as well as player/staff bonuses being triggered. Probably runs into the 10s of millions. We also need to fund the new training ground, continue making repayments on the loan for the Main Stand and find a way forward with the Anfield Road End redevelopment.

People thinking we're sitting on 100s of millions pounds like Arsenal and Man Utd are mistaken. Just go look at what was in the bank in the last set of accounts. But could we commit to a £50 mil signing without selling anyone? I reckon so.

It's clear Klopp doesn't think we need major work so we're going to be far more surgical in the market this summer. As he always does, Klopp is playing down transfers, but I'm pretty sure we'll see 1-3 signings before the season starts.

Wasn't the club bragging a few weeks back that it was the first club to make over £100m in profits in a single season?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill