Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:32 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac wrote:
only me » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:07 pm wrote:Great example from today's match...where is our LB? How come a CL and top premier league club plays without a quality natural LB?

Robertson is a natural left back. If you're referring to their goal that was Milner's fault, who isn't a natural left back.

Robertson has a lot to learn in terms of communicating this his team mates, he wasn't on the same wavelength at times and got caught out up the pitch. That'll settle in time.

I know some people will disagree but I wouldn't mind seeing Moreno get more game time this year, he's 25 now and is just entering his prime. IMO Milner is a walking red card these days, at least with Moreno you can't just knock it down the line and do him for pace, well, not unless you are Usain Bolt anyway.
Milner needs to moved into that position just in front of the back 4 where his lack of pace isn't exposed as much, he can fight it out with Hendo, Can and Gino for a shirt, he's much better there, when you are slow there's nowhere to hide out wide.

I think Moreno is deffo playing for his future, he was excellent against Bayern, just maybe he finally progressing under Klopp ?
His link up/understanding with Mane on the left was exceptional.
Still not convinced but wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed on for this season .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Let's see if Moreno gets a game on Sat in Dublin. Shoulda bought a ticket for it, though they sold out in minutes!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:17 pm

bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:13 pm wrote:Let's see if Moreno gets a game on Sat in Dublin. Shoulda bought a ticket for it, though they sold out in minutes!

Is it a sell out mate? Must admit I was proud of our Irish support back in 2013, not many clubs could play Celtic in Dublin and have two thirds of the ground.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Van Dijk has completely isolated himself from the team. Why don't Southampton just get on with the friggin deal. The way his been adamant with them i can't see him getting back on good terms with them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:08 pm

So Neymar signing has been confirmed. I find it odd how he was desperate for Couts to join him at Barca and now how his gone to Psg.

190 M what the heck is the world coming to.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:17 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:13 pm wrote:Let's see if Moreno gets a game on Sat in Dublin. Shoulda bought a ticket for it, though they sold out in minutes!

Is it a sell out mate? Must admit I was proud of our Irish support back in 2013, not many clubs could play Celtic in Dublin and have two thirds of the ground.

Complete sell out. And the price of the tickets was ridiculous.
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:00 pm

bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:15 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:17 pm wrote:

Complete sell out. And the price of the tickets was ridiculous.

I suppose on one level it's good that we have so much support over there and it's a sell out etc but the idea of genuine fans being priced out always leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:20 pm

I couldn't get one, wanted to bring the wee lad. He's not a happy bunny...
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:04 pm

bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:20 pm wrote:I couldn't get one, wanted to bring the wee lad. He's not a happy bunny...

You can take him to watch us in the CL final instead mate, then again scratch that idea, isn't it being held in Kiev this year? Aren't they still fighting over there? Strange place to hold a CL final, you wonder what UEFA are thinking sometimes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Neymar deal done for a mind blowing +200m!!!!

Farcelona will throw everything now Coutinho.

Make no mistake, keeping him will be one of the biggest challenges this club and its inept owners will face.

Much much bigger than the Suarez saga.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:06 pm

eds » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:12 pm wrote:Neymar deal done for a mind blowing +200m!!!!

Farcelona will throw everything now Coutinho.

Make no mistake, keeping him will be one of the biggest challenges this club and its inept owners will face.

Much much bigger than the Suarez saga.

Farcelona have just received an all-time inflated price for one transfer set by P$G.
The world knows that the money was paid upfront. This leaves Farcelona in a potential crippling position.
LFC have not included a buy clause for PC and not at liberty to sell whilst holding all the cards.
But let's say LFC are willing to sell... P$G have now up the ante on the valuation of players in the market for 2017-18 at least.
----
I'm quite happy for PC to go providing we receive 120M + Luis Suárez + add-ons AND now including a buy back clause.
----
Football is just business now, the days of passion through blood, sweat and tears have evaporated. IT'S DONE... P$G have just proved this.
And whilst this is the case, then why not cash in on a player who can single handedly pay for the Anfield Road stadium expansion project?
----
It's a bleak picture out there - How on earth can LFC compete when the competition in its business sector can afford to spend out nearly half the amount of what a 5-times European Cup winning club is currently valued at on ONE PLAYER?
----
Some of us long for serious investment to come into the club (so we can compete better) and I guess I could be included in that, once upon a time.
For me; If LFC were to one day spend that amount of money on one single player IMO would be a slap in the face of the beautiful people living in our beautiful city. It would be socially irresponsible... My head could not fathom such a capitalist act.
----
May be I'm just too old, may be I'm just fed up or just may be I am old enough to know and understand what the word 'MIGHTY' should mean to LFC well beyond just a football pitch. And to know that our club was once indeed MIGHTY.
----
Our forefathers weep
  :hearts

PS:
This is not directed, responding or pointed at you Eds - I just clicked reply and started to type! Just needed to download  :hearts
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:59 pm

With Lallana being confirmed out for 'months' I hope we will be looking at a replacement for him, especially with it being rumored that Coutinho missed training today amid rumors he won't be going to Dublin
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:47 pm

C-R » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:59 pm wrote:With Lallana being confirmed out for 'months' I hope we will be looking at a replacement for him, especially with it being rumored that Coutinho missed training today amid rumors he won't be going to Dublin

We are being linked with Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth, must confess can't remember seeing anything of him, anyone ?

Jesus CR, are you trying to see how much bad news you can fit into one post?  :laugh:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:47 pm wrote:
C-R » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:59 pm wrote:With Lallana being confirmed out for 'months' I hope we will be looking at a replacement for him, especially with it being rumored that Coutinho missed training today amid rumors he won't be going to Dublin

We are being linked with Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth, must confess can't remember seeing anything of him, anyone ?

Jesus CR, are you trying to see how much bad news you can fit into one post?  :laugh:

haha, I wish it wasn't true mate, sadly both confirmed now :(

we really need to get some new quality blood in, clock is ticking now

what happened to all that 200 million budget in the various papers as well
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:13 pm

It wouldn't surprise me mate if the club decided to wrap Phil up in cotton wool after Adam's injury. Apparently Phil trained today but picked up a 'bad back'.
With the first of those multi million pound games against Hoffenheim only 12 days away the club may be erring on the side of caution.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill