Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:46 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:16 pm wrote:If the Keita deal is dead, then we should go for Goretzka. Great player. Just 22 and would fit in perfectly

Apparently Sky Deutschland interviewed this Goretzka lad and asked him wether he'd read the stories in the press linking him with a possible move to Liverpool. He basically f[vc]ked them off saying he hadn't read any stories linking him to Liverpool and he hadn't spoken to Klopp either. Interestingly enough though he did add at the end that the stories circulating in the German media about him already agreeing to sign for Bayern are untrue as well and he still had time to make a decision about his future.
Had a look at him on YouTube and he looks class this lad, it would be great if we could sign him.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:25 am

Remember remember…

Last season we chased and chased Pulisic - His club told us repeatedly, he’s NOT4SALE. Our manager stated how he rated this young upcoming talent and vowed to return and seal this deal ‘next season’.

Sounding familiar yet?

This season, one of our main targets, again is NOT4SALE! So we proceed and make an official 1st bid which gets rejected. We make a 2nd increased bid, with soundbites of he’s NOT4SALE, he’s NOT4SALE! Our 2nd bid is rejected, this time with tender sound bites that if the player were to kick up a fuss and force a move, then a 3rd bid MAY be accepted?

LFC’s anticipated 3rd bid. Oh sorry, there is no 3rd bid.

Perhaps because LFC have been told that a 3rd bid will be accepted with a resounding statement of he’s 4SALE! FOR 70M+ when he's unproven at all levels...
Now LFC and its manager claim that we will be back next season for this player due to a release clause… Mmmmm.

So; back to this season. What about this promising young player Pulsic?
How come he hasn’t arrived at Anfield posing what has now become the infamous ‘Melwood Lean’ photo pose?
----
Contrary to popular believe, we have got one of the best scouting teams in the world!

For them to be able to single out that one decent, promising upcoming player, who fits out style of play perfectly, that NO OTHER CLUB is aware of not only shows high competency but displays the kind of detective skills that only Columbo could appreciate.

The Americans have a word for it…

Hoodwink
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Coutinho to ask for a transfer?? Read it today...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Read that myself on the back page this morning  :down: Personally it wouldn't surprise me if he was given the green light months ago for this move when he signed that new deal but due to our own incompetence in the market is dragging it out.
If we lose him we can say goodbye to any aspiration we had of finishing top 4 again.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Well a month left of the window. I will reserve judgement until it actually closes but as things stand today our squad is not strong enough to deal with the league and Europe.

Salah is a quality addition who will hit the ground running both in the league and Europe. Solanke (has looked good so far) and Robertson are both punts and who knows, maybe they will turn out to be great for us but as it stands today, neither are what you call ready made players for the first team although they may become just that during the season.

Unless something drastically changes, deal for Keita looks dead so will need to look at other options

VVD I can still see happening but think the ball will properly start rolling on that in the last 2 weeks of the window imo.

Seems cash rich clubs like City, Utd and Chelsea dine at the table first and then the rest follow
Doeboy

Postby only me » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:26 am

I don't think we can allow ourselves to sell short ,as we did with Suarez ,to Barca Again...They should be paying much higher sums and add player/players..
We are no longer a selling club. We didn't Bring Klopp in order to sell our primary assets.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:36 pm

There is no way Coutinho should be leaving Liverpool. For a start there is no buyout clause so there is nothing Barca can do to force the issue, the ball is well and truly in our court. Yes Coutinho can kick up a fuss if he wants but look how far that got Keita. Red Bull showed that if a club stays strong there's nothing the buying club or the player can do.
If Phil leaves the club have got some explaining to do, if Leipzig can hold onto their best player why can't we?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:36 pm wrote:There is no way Coutinho should be leaving Liverpool. For a start there is no buyout clause so there is nothing Barca can do to force the issue, the ball is well and truly in our court. Yes Coutinho can kick up a fuss if he wants but look how far that got Keita. Red Bull showed that if a club stays strong there's nothing the buying club or the player can do.
If Phil leaves the club have got some explaining to do, if Leipzig can hold onto their best player why can't we?

Barca are looking to low ball us, which is fair game I suppose.
FSG would have learned a lot from the LS transfer + the new CEO seems a little more money astute than the previous.
IMO - If Phil goes it will be at the best deal for the club and nothing less.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:05 pm

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:59 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:05 pm wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/philippe-coutinho-liverpool-barcelona-transfer-10905140

:laugh:

I don't think he'll leave this year mate but I do think we'll struggle to keep him next summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:20 pm

http://www.espnfcasia.com/story/3169977/jesus-navas-re-signs-for-ex-club-sevilla-after-being-released-by-man-city

Too bad we don't sign older players like Navas even though on free transfer. He's still a good player and would've provided strength in depth.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:37 pm

In recent days we've been linked with Thomas Lemar and Jean Seri.. only problem for us is that Arsenal have the same 2 players in their radar and are confident of getting both.

Lemar proved to be one of the better dribblers in Europe last year especially at the beginning of the year and Arsenal are prepared to pay £40m while Monaco are holding out for £55m. I think he'll be more of a "Coutinho replacement" if he decides to move here.

Jean Seri is less of a dribbler from midfield but he's one of the best long passes of a ball I've seen for awhile and he's pretty good at breaking play up aswell. He'd be more of a upgraded Gini and probably take the spot that was being saved for Keita.

I reckon we could get both for £80m but I think it'll be one or the other.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:44 pm

maguskwt » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:20 pm wrote:http://www.espnfcasia.com/story/3169977/jesus-navas-re-signs-for-ex-club-sevilla-after-being-released-by-man-city

Too bad we don't sign older players like Navas even though on free transfer. He's still a good player and would've provided strength in depth.

He must of been home sick, have a longterm injury concern or clubs just don't think he's worth it...
To leave on a free was a surprise.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:58 pm

Mane to Inter eh? Journos must have absolutely sod all to write about these days...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ethanr » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:59 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:58 am wrote:Mane to Inter eh? Journos must have absolutely sod all to write about these days...

And for only £35million  :laugh: Gylfi Siggurdsson is worth 50, but Mane is only worth 35...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill