Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:54 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:46 am wrote:What the hell is happening here? We had a £200m transfer kitty to improve the team this window after not spending a penny last year and somehow managed to finish 4th.. and we've only spent £50m(ish).

2 teams that finished below us have improved more than us and to top it off we now have Champions league to compete in.

Something must be happening because there is no way Klopp only had these small amounts of targets in the most important window we've had for years... and if he did then it's criminal.

Spurs have the excuse of building costs for the new ground and having to loan Wembley for the season..

We have no excuses to not spend money.. FSG must have made ridiculous amounts of profit in the last 2 years.

We are showing NO ambition.

We have become Arsenal mate. Top 4 is our highest ambition. The rest is about profitability of the business. Klopp is the perfect manager for FSG in this regards because, he'll squeeze out every good performance from this squad just like last season. When we had a great opportunity to challenge due to our very good start, we threw it all away by not strengthening the squad.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:46 am

As things stand, our squad is not strong enough to cope with the additional rigours of CL. I'm still reserving judgement until 1st September because I do see ourselves (and a lot of other clubs) scrambling around trying to get deals done from now until the end of the window.

I always felt the VVD deal would get done towards the end but stories linking him with Chelsea keep popping up. My feeling is Chelsea will come in for him towards the end and although VVD would like to come to us, he may have burnt his bridges at Southampton and will quite happily move from there and pick up a healthy wage at Chelsea in the process
Doeboy

Postby only me » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:55 am

I got it figured out...We just signed a new LB (Moreno) ,in 2 month we are getting a new attacking MF (Lallana) ,I heard we will are pushing strong for a sensational CB (Sakho) ,and if all our wishes come true we have just landed a world class striker (Sturridge) and yes how can i forget with the signing of our new LB we are luckily able to get a veteran MF (Milner) :D

And this ladies and gentleman how you sell Ice to the Eskimos.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:16 pm

You forgot to add our potential world beater NEW striker(Ings).

While we are at it we've also got the NEW Flanno at defense.

Plenty of signings lads.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:48 pm

redshade » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:16 am wrote:You forgot to add our potential world beater NEW striker(Ings).

While we are at it we've also got the NEW Flanno at defense.

Plenty of signings lads.

Yep  :D  ,i guess we can sell Coutinho now...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:56 pm

I could name over 50 players that could improve our first 11 and are realistic to buy aswell. I hope Klopp is massively involved in the transfers and not just naming targets and leaving it to the useless Transfer Committee.. if that is the case then the summer business is done.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:25 pm

Doeboy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:46 am wrote:As things stand, our squad is not strong enough to cope with the additional rigours of CL. I'm still reserving judgement until 1st September because I do see ourselves (and a lot of other clubs) scrambling around trying to get deals done from now until the end of the window.

I always felt the VVD deal would get done towards the end but stories linking him with Chelsea keep popping up. My feeling is Chelsea will come in for him towards the end and although VVD would like to come to us, he may have burnt his bridges at Southampton and will quite happily move from there and pick up a healthy wage at Chelsea in the process

He will end up at Chelsea imo, if Southampton sold him to us their fans would be outside St Mary's with pitchforks and flaming torches within the hour and their board knows it, it's just not worth their while especially when they can get the same money from Chelsea.
If you look on Southampton's forums their fans have accepted that he is going, what they can't accept is him going to us. I'm not sure what we have done to pi[ss] them off so much but they can't stand us.
As you say there is going to be a point in this window where Van Dijk is going to be told you either go to Chelsea or stay here and you don't need to be a genius to see how that is going to pan out.
Unfortunately that mix up earlier on in the window looks like it is going to cost us dear.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:40 pm

All the money we have given Southampton over the last 3/4 years it's sickening that they have blacklisted us tapping up a player all because they wanted a bidding war for him. We should have a brilliant relationship with them as we have helped them become an established club with all the money we've thrown at them. I would never do business with them ever again.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cday79 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Considering the amount of money Liverpool have given that tin-pot club over the past few years - and are willing to give them 60 mil more - not only should Southampton be rolling out the welcome mat, for them to bid for  VVD... they should deliver him to Anfield.  As far as  Van Dijk goes, he's apparently again told Southampton he wants to join Liverpool - but still hasn't put in a transfer request.
Cday79
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:25 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:40 pm wrote:All the money we have given Southampton over the last 3/4 years it's sickening that they have blacklisted us tapping up a player all because they wanted a bidding war for him. We should have a brilliant relationship with them as we have helped them become an established club with all the money we've thrown at them. I would never do business with them ever again.

It's not as if we short changed them, quite the opposite in fact, Lallana cost us £25m and Lovren £20m which was seen as big money a few years ago. If anything it was our fans who were baulking at the size of the fee's.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:26 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:40 pm wrote:All the money we have given Southampton over the last 3/4 years it's sickening that they have blacklisted us tapping up a player all because they wanted a bidding war for him. We should have a brilliant relationship with them as we have helped them become an established club with all the money we've thrown at them. I would never do business with them ever again.

Come on mate if i were a Saints fan i would be pi$$ed as hell with us...We sucked all their talents as if they were our academy...They have all the rights to be mad.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Last summer was seriously disappointing and now we are set to do it again  :down:
Moreno had a half decent game in a preseason friendly and now he is 1st choice LB again and people think he is brilliant  :help Milner back into midfield is like signing a new midfielder  :down: Along with all our other duds coming back we will have a great squad  :help
This isn't good enough and I think it shows Jurgen is a FSG yes man happy to work with what ever he is given.  Last season was just about acceptable as he stated that he wouldn't bring in just anyone as they have to be improvements and now its only 2 or 3 players could actually improve us  :glare: Is he really serious believing that ?.. He is already saying that the target this year is the title  :laugh: With the squad we currently have and added champions league  :laugh: Is he just being ridiculously optimistic or telling us what we want to hear before a litany of excuses as to how injuries and a hectic schedule combined with a young squad derailed us but its all good.
Its very frustrating that we haven't addressed our weaknesses or brought in that higher calibre player. Our defence is still below par and not good enough for us to be competitive. I would rather have Van Dijk as our only signing over salah who I do think is a quality player but that position wasn't a priority. Our defence is and now it looks like we could lose virgil to Chelsea. Maybe at the end of it all Jurgen gave a list of targets and they haven't delivered but he seems totally on board with it which is what I find most annoying.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:49 pm

only me » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:26 pm wrote:

Come on mate if i were a Saints fan i would be pi$$ed as hell with us...We sucked all their talents as if they were our academy...They have all the rights to be mad.

We are not the only club who have bought more than 1 player from Southampton, I didn't hear any moaning when the likes of Arsenal and Spurs bought Bale, Walcott, Chambers, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alderweireld, Wanyama etc from them.
By the sounds of it they are prepared to sell Van Dijk, just not to us.
I wouldn't mind but £60m is ridiculous money, he's probably worth half that so it's not as if we are ripping them off, bar Clyne I think we've over paid for every player we've ever bought from them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Come on Yaka we took lallana,lovern, clyne and Mane..we raided their a$$ of...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:08 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:30 pm wrote:Last summer was seriously disappointing and now we are set to do it again  :down:
Moreno had a half decent game in a preseason friendly and now he is 1st choice LB again and people think he is brilliant  :help Milner back into midfield is like signing a new midfielder  :down: Along with all our other duds coming back we will have a great squad  :help
This isn't good enough and I think it shows Jurgen is a FSG yes man happy to work with what ever he is given.  Last season was just about acceptable as he stated that he wouldn't bring in just anyone as they have to be improvements and now its only 2 or 3 players could actually improve us  :glare: Is he really serious believing that ?.. He is already saying that the target this year is the title  :laugh: With the squad we currently have and added champions league  :laugh: Is he just being ridiculously optimistic or telling us what we want to hear before a litany of excuses as to how injuries and a hectic schedule combined with a young squad derailed us but its all good.
Its very frustrating that we haven't addressed our weaknesses or brought in that higher calibre player. Our defence is still below par and not good enough for us to be competitive. I would rather have Van Dijk as our only signing over salah who I do think is a quality player but that position wasn't a priority. Our defence is and now it looks like we could lose virgil to Chelsea. Maybe at the end of it all Jurgen gave a list of targets and they haven't delivered but he seems totally on board with it which is what I find most annoying.

It's not as if this situation that we find ourselves in was the plan from the outset mate, things have just panned out this way. Jurgen had obviously identified players that he wanted and by the looks of it the club were prepared to write the cheque's to bring them here but for some reason we just couldn't get the deals done.
I do agree though that unless something happens between now and September the 1st we will struggle to last the pace next year.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill