Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:18 pm

ethanr » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:59 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:58 am wrote:Mane to Inter eh? Journos must have absolutely sod all to write about these days...

And for only £35million  :laugh: Gylfi Siggurdsson is worth 50, but Mane is only worth 35...

This story must have got lost in translation or something...
For 35M they probably just want 'an evening' with as well as a few signed memorabilia
Either that or his agent is broke as hell!
  :nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:52 am

Van Dijk has reiterated that he wants to leave Soton. Hopefully we can get him in and give him a pre season game. Obviously having him ready for the first game of the season is paramount but getting some game time under his belt would be ideal
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Interesting developments on the Naby situation...
If he refuses to sign a new deal, will Leipzig finally surrender and cash in?
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-w ... ipzig-deal
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Brace yourselves for Barcelona and their usual games for turning players heads. Once this Neymar transfer goes through we're going to get shelled
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kartiek » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:25 pm

I don't think Keita has any chance of happening. From the quotes, it looks like Rangnick isn't bothered by the fact that Keita will not sign a contract extension just yet.
kartiek

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Klopptomaniac » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am wrote:Brace yourselves for Barcelona and their usual games for turning players heads. Once this Neymar transfer goes through we're going to get shelled

If we sell Phil fans will no doubt start asking existential questions like wether it's even theoretically possible to have a great side under FSG ownership, I mean, how you can possibly build a great side if your master plan is to rip the heart out of the team every time you are on the verge of achieving something?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:37 pm

kartiek » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:25 pm wrote:I don't think Keita has any chance of happening. From the quotes, it looks like Rangnick isn't bothered by the fact that Keita will not sign a contract extension just yet.

Agree , it doesn't look like it's gonna happen this window BUT I'm thinking come the January window  :eyebrow

Depending on how they've fared in the CL, Leipzig may just decide to finally sell and get a bit more cash than his upcoming buyout fee would provide.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Stinks of FSG this window. Promises of signing some top players only to be shelved with not enough time to look at alternatives. Same old dance we dance every summer. No doubt the window will fizzle to a spluttery fart and we'll have nothing to show. At least the books will balance...  All hail FSG for that.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:22 pm

I'm a huge supporter of FSG. I think they've shown real intent this summer. All this conspiracy talk of them trying to manipulate the fanbase is laughable- We've obviously pushed hard to sign both Keita and VVD for a lot of money.

But if we sold Coutinho, especially for the price that's being touted, I'd absolutely lose it. Barca only offering £72 million or what have you it's ridiculous. We've offered that much for Keita, and it sounds like we've showed genuine intent in paying 50+ for VVD-both who've only shown 1 year of success. The only way we sell Coutinho is if he's adamant he wants to go- fair enough we don't need upset players. But they'll have to pay for him. With that £200 million hole in their pocket- I'd expect us to accept no less than £100 million for him with the current inflation, and we should even be pushing for more than that. We hold all the cards, so I'd demand at least £120 if Coutinho was pushing hard for a transfer. If Barca refuse to meet our valuation we hold onto him for another year, and ask for the same amount next summer. There's a long way left on that contract and he doesn't seem the type to pout around for a year.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Welshwizard » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:25 pm

VVD will come and Saints will take a 60m record offer. Klopp is no mug and won't take a load of ***** have patience like he said!! He knows what he wants and wants players to go straight into the 1st team.
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby only me » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:42 pm

I don't doubt that FSG approved going all in for Keita and VVD and I don't blame them for the failure to sign them...What I can't understand and this has been going for years now is the lack of a professional scouting group..its really unacceptable that we don't have a list of 1st 2nd 3rd option for each position Klopp wants and needs.. This is real amature stuff.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Great example from today's match...where is our LB? How come a CL and top premier league club plays without a quality natural LB?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:07 am

FSG always want to set the purchase price or just cave in or wait until next season and ultimately they decide who is bought and sold.

Klopps doing a good job considering the billions thrown about but we can go back a long way without a trophy now and spending does work.

I can see Couthino going now put it that way they wont be able to resist the profit.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:11 pm

only me » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:07 pm wrote:Great example from today's match...where is our LB? How come a CL and top premier league club plays without a quality natural LB?

Robertson is a natural left back. If you're referring to their goal that was Milner's fault, who isn't a natural left back.

Robertson has a lot to learn in terms of communicating this his team mates, he wasn't on the same wavelength at times and got caught out up the pitch. That'll settle in time.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Klopptomaniac wrote:
only me » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:07 pm wrote:Great example from today's match...where is our LB? How come a CL and top premier league club plays without a quality natural LB?

Robertson is a natural left back. If you're referring to their goal that was Milner's fault, who isn't a natural left back.

Robertson has a lot to learn in terms of communicating this his team mates, he wasn't on the same wavelength at times and got caught out up the pitch. That'll settle in time.

I know some people will disagree but I wouldn't mind seeing Moreno get more game time this year, he's 25 now and is just entering his prime. IMO Milner is a walking red card these days, at least with Moreno you can't just knock it down the line and do him for pace, well, not unless you are Usain Bolt anyway.
Milner needs to moved into that position just in front of the back 4 where his lack of pace isn't exposed as much, he can fight it out with Hendo, Can and Gino for a shirt, he's much better there, when you are slow there's nowhere to hide out wide.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill