Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby only me » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:51 pm

parchpea » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:04 am wrote:I would take Rakitc providing the cash payment makes up our valuation of Couthino.

At 29 he isnt an old man but a young one with high level experience and game management the squad could use. Hes performed in arguably the greatest team ever around elite players and we could a lot worse. Rakitic would hit the ground running imo.

Couthino has hit his prime and is a fantastic player but you would be mad not to even consider Rakitic plus maybe Keita and VVD in return surely.

Rakitic will not even find a place in the starting 11 in Liverpool...It's a joke.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:48 pm

only me » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:51 pm wrote:
parchpea » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:04 am wrote:I would take Rakitc providing the cash payment makes up our valuation of Couthino.

At 29 he isnt an old man but a young one with high level experience and game management the squad could use. Hes performed in arguably the greatest team ever around elite players and we could a lot worse. Rakitic would hit the ground running imo.

Couthino has hit his prime and is a fantastic player but you would be mad not to even consider Rakitic plus maybe Keita and VVD in return surely.

Rakitic will not even find a place in the starting 11 in Liverpool...It's a joke.

Yep, spot on mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:26 am

Every window there are all sorts of rumours and we react only to find it turns to nothing, this is one of them. Just my opinion!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:00 pm

So, now that we've ended our interest in Keita, let's go out and sign VVD and Aubameyang !

If we can also get Renato Sanchez on loan with an agreed future fee it would be fantastic but VVD and Aubameyang would do.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:11 pm

VVD will start next season as a red. No doubt about it.

Hopefully we've got someone else lined up instead of Keita as we desperately need someone with quality to lift it up a notch...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Maybe we should try and sign Thiago from Bayern, he's been there since 2013 and maybe fancies a different challenge? Playing for Bayern in Germany must get a bit boring, where's the glory in winning a one horse race?
Pjanic from Juventus is another who might fancy a stint in the prem. We need to aim high.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:21 pm

There arent too many players of that quality available in the market. Diego Costa, Aubameyang, Mbappe, and Coutinho are probably the biggest names linked with a move outside Neymar. If we have the 70+ mill we wanted to spend on Keita, I would suggest we try to sign a top quality player this window with it.

Realistically, this season is our best chance of having a go at the title. We could hold on to Coutinho for this season but I dont see him staying unless we win something of note. The main areas in need of improvement are ST, CB, GK, LB, CM. In that order for me. To be perfectly honest, if it was a choice between a Diego Costa/Aubameyang and a Keita I think I'd go for one of the forwards.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:33 pm

I wished we would have gone for Lacazette I think he would have been a perfect fit.. Thiago was the best midfielder in the bundesliga last year and I'm sure he's more than happy at Munich so he'd be very hard to capture.

I think we need VVD and then try to get a big name to excite the fans... a Bale or a Dybala.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:08 pm

So two bids under the clubs valuation of the player and then we refrain from making a third bid that would have had to land roughly in the same neighborhood of what Leipzig wanted   ??? It seems every transfer window the club 'unsuccessfully' negotiate the more our name is cheapened even further.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:31 pm

We won't compete for anything next year unless that defence is sorted out. Mingolet is a liability along with Lovren, On top of that we have a converted midfielder playing LB who has no left foot. Van Dijk would add a bit of steel and confidence at the back with Keita just in front breaking up play and that's the only way I can see us seriously challenging for anything. We cannot continue shipping goals in the manner we do because it undo's everything accomplished at the other end. In regards to the LB situation I cannot understand why Klopp will not give Gomez a shot there. When he arrived it was with the tag of being able to play LB and CH and he then started the season at LB up until he got injured. Klopp has played him at RB and CH but never LB. We should have ran with that this season and kept the 8mil.
If Phil leaves we are also up against it because he dictates 99% of what we do and we don't have any one else as effective. He has goals in him as well so that isn't easily replaced either. I really hope salah wasn't brought here as his replacement because we finally have 2 players who look like they are on the same wavelength.

We have a decent hardworking 11 but unable to cope with the style that's demanded by Klopp before tiredness and injuries kick in. The target for us this window is to address weak areas by adding quality to the team and so far we have added 1 but not really an area that's priority imo unless we are selling Coutinho. We all know that if we can keep our good players and add Keita and Van dijk in to the mix we could really have a go at it but that scenario is looking less likely as the weeks pass.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Keita isnt a defensive midfielder though. He can play the position the same way a Pogba could. The most likely scenario if the deal hadnt fallen through would have been him replacing Lallana in the middle of the park playing a slightly more advanced role; you dont offer 70mill to sign a defensive midfielder. Any improvement to our defending that Keita would have offered would have been marginal imo.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:16 am

If the Keita deal is dead, then we should go for Goretzka. Great player. Just 22 and would fit in perfectly
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:51 am

Off to Bayern
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:03 am

Over on RAWK the word is that even sources in Guinea (Keita's home country) are saying that the chances of Naby leaving Red Bull this summer are practically nil. The good news is that apparently LFC came to that conclusion over 2 weeks ago (that's why we didn't bother putting a third bid in) and have been actively exploring other options. So as disappointing as it is to miss out on Keita at least we haven't been wasting too much time.
There's still five weeks to go before the window closes plus those 2 weeks - that makes 7 weeks. That's almost 2 months, plenty of time to bring someone else in.

A possible name to throw into the hat - Kovacic from Real Madrid, we were linked with him when he was an Inter player but he went to Madrid instead where he barely plays, he would be a great signing and Madrid might listen to a big offer given they are on the verge of forking out an astronomical sum on Mbappe.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:20 am

After bringing you Naby i now bring you another Keita ,Balde from Lazio ,apparently he didn't sign yet for Juve so why not snatch the lad? Yes another attacker i know but i would sign him in a second and ship Origi or Inges out..He is available at a reasonable price (~20-25)...
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill