Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby only me » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Balde keita has yet to sign for Juve...maybe perisic from Inter..wake the fck up its not only recent injuries its the fact we signed only one significant player thus far..it just drives my head in..Klopp should be banging his fists and yelling for more players
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Players will get injured during pre-season especially with a hectic schedule like the one we endured. 2 games in 24 hours and we were rumoured to be training up to 3 times a day some days. The recent crop just reinforces our need to strengthen.
The worst thing is that we don't seem to be really interested in anyone  :no  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Players will get injured during pre-season especially with a hectic schedule like the one we endured. 2 games in 24 hours and we were rumoured to be training up to 3 times a day some days. The recent crop just reinforces our need to strengthen.
The worst thing is that we don't seem to be really interested in anyone  :no  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:48 am

We are way to passive in the market and its not fair on fans, club should respect fans want to see new players and get excited about season and prospects, thwy owe us hope.

Unacceptable to just go after a couple of players and give up, theres money and fans pay a lot, its all part of the experience of supporting a club but its lost on FSG and Klopp.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:15 pm

parchpea » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:48 am wrote:We are way to passive in the market and its not fair on fans, club should respect fans want to see new players and get excited about season and prospects, thwy owe us hope.

Unacceptable to just go after a couple of players and give up, theres money and fans pay a lot, its all part of the experience of supporting a club but its lost on FSG and Klopp.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:43 pm

This has to be one of the slowest windows for us. I can't  recall one that was dull like this one.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Not sure why we are surprised that with only just a week left to the start of the new season we have signed f**k all players when we REALLY needed to this transfer window.

FSG have continually let us down year in and year out and this has once again been no different from the shambles we have seen in the past.

You can use all the excuses you want but we all know that we needed to strengthen with a new CB and box to box CM. Also a lot of us have raised the question of a new keeper as we still have to rely on Ming!

It's absolutely criminal that if either Lovren or Matip were to get injured we are well and truly f**ked. Criminal!!!

I'm gobsmacked that we have spent the last 2 months Pi.ss.f.arting around on 2 players that clearly belong to clubs that DONT want to sell. This is what we should have done when Farcelona came sniffing around for Suarez, but we bent over backwards quicker that a 5 dollar hooker. If we sell Coutinho in the same manner over the next three weeks we are all going to go from pessimistic to DEFCON 1 angry within the space of a day.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:04 pm

I was championing the idea that there was ages left of the window but I'm getting concerned now. Take Coutinho, Lallana and Studge out and the squad looks awfully thin again. Salah may be a hit here which is great, but it wasn't a key area that needed addressing. So far we've done f*ck all to sort our Achilles heel of last season and FSG want to pull their fingers out of their ***** and put them in their wallets.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:52 pm

In all fairness. Now that the CL draw has been made, there will be very little activity for us until we know our fate.
The conversations around the camp fire must lean towards - 
"Let's wait and see if LFC qualify for the group stages before making any commitments..."
----
That's the importance of finishing higher than 4th place in the PL.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 pm

3 major signing identified by Klopp who all told him they want to come: Salah, VVD and Keita. If we end up with the first two but not the third is it a decent window?
Eagle

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:44 pm

If we keep Coutinho and add Van Dijk it'll be a decent window imo.

Realistically, I think Klopp and the club are comfortable competing for a top4 place for another season. If we were serious about competing for the league, we would have taken the Utd, Chelsea or City route of making sure we have as strong a starting 11 as possible, then add quality second options for every position.

As things stand, we could improve on our GK, CB, LB, DM, ST. I think Clyne, Wijnaldum, and Lallana are good enough to start for a side competing for the title. Coutinho, Mane, and 1 of Lovren/Matip are the same. Sturridge cant be relied on, but he too would have made the list.

If we add Van Dijk, we're down to 4 positions we should improve on imo. Mignolet, Milner, Henderson/Can, and Firmino are decent options in their positions, but I dont think any of them would be starters for Chelsea, City, Tottenham, Utd, or even Arsenal.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:49 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ts-jurgen/

So we've got stars here who are emerging and don't really need to jump into the market. Hmmmmm had a feeling we are done.

Moreno after 1 good friendly game is apparently back. I didn't even know he was gone because his always been average.

So that means Milner is like a new signing in Mid. I guess our Keita replacement is sorted lol.

I think maybe Van Dijk will be our final inclusion.

Maybe Klopp will open arms and have Sakho back then we will hear the new Sakho is back so we don't need a CB.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:06 am

I think what Jurgen is saying is 'yes I really wanted Keita and Van Dijk but if I have to go with what I've got - I will'.
That sounds a bit ominous to me. IMO I don't think we have done enough business, last year we literally scraped over the line to get 4th and that was without the burden of European football.
In a way i can see what he is saying, when everyone is fit we have got a good side and who knows maybe we would have won the league if it wasn't for injuries so maybe the only thing missing is luck. Counting on us not getting so many injuries this time around though is a risky strategy imo especially given how demanding our style of play is and how many extra games we have to play this season. We've already lost Lallana for 3 months and we haven't even kicked a ball in anger yet!
We need a top class CB and CM and the club should be moving heaven and earth in the 4 weeks remaining of the window to bring them in. If we don't get Van Dijk + a CM I think we'll fall short this year and let's face it the upshot of finishing outside of the top 4 will probably be Coutinho leaving next summer.
I hate to say it because it does look like the club is preparing itself to go with what we've got but imo what happens over the next 4 weeks could end up defining us for years.
Finishing in the top 4 last year was a big opportunity to kick on, If we only bring in Salah, Robinson and Solanke this summer given we had serious money to spend and the carrot of CL football to offer then we will only have ourselves to blame if things start to unravel next season and next summer.
Big 4 weeks coming up imo.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:02 am

redshade » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:49 am wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/05/liverpools-spending-summer-transfer-window-may-done-hints-jurgen/

So we've got stars here who are emerging and don't really need to jump into the market. Hmmmmm had a feeling we are done.

Moreno after 1 good friendly game is apparently back. I didn't even know he was gone because his always been average.

So that means Milner is like a new signing in Mid. I guess our Keita replacement is sorted lol.

I think maybe Van Dijk will be our final inclusion.

Maybe Klopp will open arms and have Sakho back then we will hear the new Sakho is back so we don't need a CB.

If that's true then Klopp places himself in a position to fail...This is very negative news. We haven't dealt with our main weakness in the squad.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:46 am

What the hell is happening here? We had a £200m transfer kitty to improve the team this window after not spending a penny last year and somehow managed to finish 4th.. and we've only spent £50m(ish).

2 teams that finished below us have improved more than us and to top it off we now have Champions league to compete in.

Something must be happening because there is no way Klopp only had these small amounts of targets in the most important window we've had for years... and if he did then it's criminal.

Spurs have the excuse of building costs for the new ground and having to loan Wembley for the season..

We have no excuses to not spend money.. FSG must have made ridiculous amounts of profit in the last 2 years.

We are showing NO ambition.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill