Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:18 pm

Yup i feel we will struggle to compete especially when injuries kick in.
Our only weapon is our attack and when that gets disrupted we will falter like last season.

I mean imagine Matip and Lovren are out who the feck will play CB?! Klavan and Gomez?? Lol.

I hate Mourinho with passion but what i do like is how he buys players which solidify the whole side. Even though they play dull footy at least he has sorted out his defense and with Lukaku now upfront they will do well.

We've got a hectic season coming up 2 crucial qualifiers already in Aug.

Anyhow nevermind all is good because we have Moreno who has come back.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:58 pm

@ Yakka http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... y-11831730

That was sept 1st 2016 and the excuses about the 2 players we spent the summer chasing. This summer came and not a mention of either player but 2 completely different targets with the same result. We were willing to spend the money on those also but their clubs just did not want to sell so we pick another 2 targets who have just signed new contracts and make them our no 1 priority. Anyway same result and we will no doubt pick another 2 to chase next year.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/06/philippe- ... p-6833285/ This is starting to do the rounds that Mr gobshyte himself Werner has met with Barca officials and agreed a deal.
We will see what happens but the odds are he is gone.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... n-13438462  We are still waiting for Southampton to offer us Virgil but the gaffer doesn't think its easy to improve on what we have and because we have 4 we don't need any more  :lookaround
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Was hopeful we would really add some real quality this summer however with only Salah being the only proven player to come in and with just over 3 weeks left of the window left, getting a bit twitchy. Stories surrounding Coutinho dont help either.

I thought we may get a fair bit of business done well ahead of the start of the season but it hasn't transpired that way. We will add to the squad, question is who will we bring in. Time for this Michael Edwards to earn his corn. I had misgivings about him before this window and to be honest nothing since has happened so far to change me mind.

Will wait until the window closes before judging but I am more than slightly concerned. A lot our links/stories now seem pie in the sky stuff and the cynic in me thinks these stories are out there so FSG can say we tried but we couldnt sign player x as it was out of our hands. I don't know but it's not looking too great at the moment if im honest
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:07 am

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:58 pm wrote:@ Yakka http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... y-11831730

That was sept 1st 2016 and the excuses about the 2 players we spent the summer chasing. This summer came and not a mention of either player but 2 completely different targets with the same result. We were willing to spend the money on those also but their clubs just did not want to sell so we pick another 2 targets who have just signed new contracts and make them our no 1 priority. Anyway same result and we will no doubt pick another 2 to chase next year.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/06/philippe- ... p-6833285/ This is starting to do the rounds that Mr gobshyte himself Werner has met with Barca officials and agreed a deal.
We will see what happens but the odds are he is gone.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... n-13438462  We are still waiting for Southampton to offer us Virgil but the gaffer doesn't think its easy to improve on what we have and because we have 4 we don't need any more  :lookaround

I'm trying my best to stay positive mate and to give FSG the benefit of the doubt. There is still the best part of a month left in the window and brinkmanship can play a role in getting deals over the line. I wouldn't be totally surprised if Red Bull had a change of heart over Keita for instance, given the player can walk away for 48 million euro's next summer it doesnt seem to make much business sense to turn down £70m quid.
The Bundesliga is not the prem, it doesn't generate the ridiculous sums of money the prem does in fact the biggest transfer between two German clubs is only just over £30m and even that deal was a bit of an outlier. £70m represents about 3 or 4 seasons profit for Red Bull and there must be accountants behind the scene's pointing that out, as I said especially when the player can leave next summer for under half that.
The same with Southampton, before a bidding war between City and Chelsea broke out Van Dijk was being valued at £30m quid. I think Southampton would gladly cash in but they are wary of the reaction of their fans.
FSG are willing to pay way over the odds for Keita and Van Dijk and when you do that you usually get your man. Let's see what happens over the next month.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:34 am

"Liverpool have agreed to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona against the wishes of Jurgen Klopp, according to reports in Brazil."

Followed by

Klopp 'I'm happy with my four centre backs'

:Oo:

If our window ends with Salah, Robertson & Solanke minus Coutinho and mounting injuries to the regulars (Stuge, Lallana...) with our ***** defence......i'm done... maybe NEXT season as we say every year.
killerp

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:11 am

Not looking good this. The number of Coutinho reports is concerning. Lose Coutinho and fail to sign anyone else and that cements our status as an also runner. We aren't here to compete if this happens.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:09 pm

If Coutinho is sold against the wishes of Klopp, there should be an all out revolt on the owners... Because it is then very clear to see what the owners are about, profits first, winning second...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:44 pm

It's so underwhelming with the stories at the moment. We don't need money if we "apparently" had a £200m transfer kitty do we?

And if we do cash in are we gonna continue and fail to sign the 2 players we've been after all this transfer window without looking at alternatives?

We are the only team who could have 200 million to spend and end up with a weaker team than the year before. I love Klopp as a manager but if you watched him at Dortmund he had a tendency to sell their best players ..  mainly to their main rivals Bayern.

And the players he and the club bought in his last 2 years were absolute garbage. I think the new manager that replaced Klopp had more success last summer.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Im certain Couthino will go now and we wont spend a penny until we qualify for Champs League.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Welshwizard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:44 pm

Starting to lose patience with Klopp and the owners taking us all for fookin mugs!! I'm happy with the back 4 we have said Klopp is he taking the *****. We need vvd that's so obvious we will struggle thus season at back again. Couts going willies massive loss but 120 million take that all day. These owners though have spent 100million since 2013 says it all
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Not sure what to make of these Coutinho stories. Barca and Madrid love using the media to unsettle/stir the situation when they want a player.

Stories of FSG going ove Klopp's head and selling Coutinho sounds complete rubbish to be honest. Klopp would walk in that situation and I dont believe it for one second.

It's more likely a mirror image of our situation with Keita where Barca have sounded out Coutinho and his reps who have said they would like the move etc but Bbarca not agreeing anything with us and us not budging.
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Sounds like a Keita situation. He would like to go but won't kick up a fuss to make it happen. We're better off standing firm this season and letting him go next. Given our transfer business this window it would be suicide to let him go
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:54 pm

I think if Coutinho goes this window the fans will go absolutely mental and kick up a right fuss.. and rightfully so. I'm fuming that it looks like we're not going to add to what we've got nevermind losing our best player in the process. That interview Klopp did at the end of the Bilbao match told me everything I needed to know about which way the club is heading.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:04 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... rpool-exit

"Philippe Coutinho would like to move to Barcelona if a deal can be done amicably with Liverpool, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News has been told Coutinho will not rock the boat at Anfield and he would only leave Liverpool for Barcelona."

I have tried to ignore all the rumors floating around the net but this is starting to make my blood boil.

We are not making any more moves to add real quality to our squad and at the very least to fill in the gaps of injury prone first 11 players but instead we will sell out best player right before the new Champions League playoff decider and EPL season proper kicks off?????

Which other club will be stupid enough to sell their best player now?? LFC won't panic buy either, so with another 100 million in the coffers we will sit back and do fook all until the window closes apart from maybe sell Sakho and keep Moreno now  :laugh:
killerp

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:44 pm

If Couts goes were sorted anyway because Milner is our new Midfielder.

If he does go it we be such a fekin shame. We will continue to feed our top players to Spain.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill