Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:13 pm

We really should move on from this Keita escapade. We are wasting our time as he won't be sold. To be honest fair play to Leizpeg for sticking to their guns. Maybe we can learn something from them when top teams come poaching our top players.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:45 pm

If I was Phillipe Coutinho I'd be on my bike to Barcelona. This was our big transfer window with £200m kitty.. all these big names we could sign and become a force next year.

What the hell is happening? We are 3 weeks before the season starts and we have signed Salah, a Chelsea reject and a left back from Hull.

All this with no plan b to the signings we've been failing with since the first week in June.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:22 pm

There's 5 weeks to go before the transfer window closes so we've still got time to strengthen the squad. It's frustrating I know but at least we are being linked with good players, it wasn't that long ago a past it Joe Cole and Paul Konchesky was the height of our ambition.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:52 pm

The VVD deal is inevitable. He's kicked his last ball for Southampton and it'll be best for them to move him on and sign a replacement.

I understand their fans' anger. But we've had it happen to us enough times and - sadly, it's part of the modern game.

If Couthinho was acting the same way, I'd be saying the same thing about him. Sell for as much as you can, as soon as you can.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:37 pm

All this transfer stuff is an utter pain in the hoop. Can on his way to Juve for 30m, Markovic on his way to Fiorentina, our current best defender going nowhere....Coutinho tapped up again by Barca.
I think I'll just shut down for another five weeks and see what happens...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:22 pm wrote:There's 5 weeks to go before the transfer window closes so we've still got time to strengthen the squad. It's frustrating I know but at least we are being linked with good players, it wasn't that long ago a past it Joe Cole and Paul Konchesky was the height of our ambition.

Im surprised Spurs have not signed a player at all yet. They must be well fed up aswel.
Yup 5 weeks to go lets just hope we sign our targets before the season kicks off.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:01 am

Thought we had a £200m warchest  :D

Honestly the club has us fooled every window, endless hype but a wet fart by the finish.

You prepare for disappointment when Melissa Reddy does a feelgood everything's under control propaganda piece with Klopp and its distributed a million times in Twitter.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:12 am

Spanish press claiming we have been offered Rakitic in a money plus player deal for Phil

It would be a reasonable deal say 120 mil pounds plus Rakitic but he is 29 now so not that attractive
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:04 am

I would take Rakitc providing the cash payment makes up our valuation of Couthino.

At 29 he isnt an old man but a young one with high level experience and game management the squad could use. Hes performed in arguably the greatest team ever around elite players and we could a lot worse. Rakitic would hit the ground running imo.

Couthino has hit his prime and is a fantastic player but you would be mad not to even consider Rakitic plus maybe Keita and VVD in return surely.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:27 am

C-R » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:12 am wrote:Spanish press claiming we have been offered Rakitic in a money plus player deal for Phil

It would be a reasonable deal say 120 mil pounds plus Rakitic but he is 29 now so not that attractive

Selling Coutinho would be a disaster mate, it would send out the signal to the footballing world that even with Klopp in charge we are not really interested in trying to win things. If FSG think they are going to keep on filling stadiums in Hong Kong and Australia by constantly selling our best players then they are in for a rude awakening, I can't remember the last time I watched a news report from Africa, Asia or the Middle East and saw someone milling around in the background wearing a Liverpool shirt, all you see are United and Chelsea shirts.
People in those types of places like to support winners, no one is going to support a club that constantly sells its best players.
Imagine what selling Phil would do to the morale of the squad as well? When we sold Alonso we fell apart the following season and the same thing happened when we sold Suarez too, if we sell Coutinho get down the bookies and put some money on us crashing out of the CL early and finishing about 8th.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:33 am

parchpea » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:04 am wrote:I would take Rakitc providing the cash payment makes up our valuation of Couthino.

At 29 he isnt an old man but a young one with high level experience and game management the squad could use. Hes performed in arguably the greatest team ever around elite players and we could a lot worse. Rakitic would hit the ground running imo.

Couthino has hit his prime and is a fantastic player but you would be mad not to even consider Rakitic plus maybe Keita and VVD in return surely.

Rakatic has never played in a league as physical or as quick as the prem, even Xabi Alonso said his head was spinning with the pace of the game over here when he first arrived and he was in his early 20's, he said it took him months to adapt.
There's a reason why Barca are prepared to let Rakatic go.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:06 pm

According to Radio 5, we have slapped a £133m price tag on Phil.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:37 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:06 pm wrote:According to Radio 5, we have slapped a £133m price tag on Phil.

Yep! Other media sources are running the same price tag.
None of us want to see Phil go but that is very good money... Especially with a buy back clause.
---
If it was my decision - I'd declare publicly that we do business based on 100M + add-odd ons +Luis Suárez - take it or leave it offer and sh!t 'em right up.
---
At the end if the day Phil is a future  Ballon d'Or candidate.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 pm

love the way Barca think they can just have the pick of every player on the planet.
Well £133m - cough up or jog on.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:41 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:56 am wrote:love the way Barca think they can just have the pick of every player on the planet.
Well £133m - cough up or jog on.

Allegedly he has asked to leave...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill