Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Wouldnt believe everything thats reported in the papers/sites mate. A lot of it is just to fill in column space without much substance behind it.

As i've said before, being one of the best followed clubs in the world, all it takes is for a journo to put a half arsed story about us out there and its guaranreed to generate traffic/views.

Tend to ignore a lot of tbe ***** out there and I think even the so called well connected journos put out the half baked story out there now and again.

Personally think Coutinho's agent(s) are probably looking to engineer a move and get themselves another payday in the process.

Always feel with Coutinho he is one of those guys that is happy to stay but at the same time if he were to move, wouldnt bother him m too much either. Main thing with him is his agent(s) in his ear driving the move imo
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:23 pm

lol at people getting hot and bothered about a single report in the Daily Express which is just quoting a French paper.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:23 pm wrote:lol at people getting hot and bothered about a single report in the Daily Express which is just quoting a French paper.

Honestly, would you be surprised if he went PC? Selling our best players has been the 'Liverpool way' for a good while now, stretching right back to McManaman and Owen.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:19 pm

I'm getting abit disheartened with the Naby Keita saga.. I'm starting to think we're gonna miss out on a big player again like We did with VVD, Dahoud and Texiera. They don't need to sell so it's down to him to force the move Mascerano style.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:14 pm

So Lacazette at Arsenal and Lukaku at Mannure.
If Arsenal manage to keep Sanchez they will be a lot stronger this coming season.
Lukaku will do well with Mannure, bang in goals and will suit mourinho style of play.
Last edited by redshade on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:40 pm

Lukaku is badly over rated, Imo. They can have him...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:06 am

bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:40 pm wrote:Lukaku is badly over rated, Imo. They can have him...

Typical Maureen forward. Big, physical and he will teach him to dive and cheat. He does not like skill, he likes physical!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:21 am

I've always thought of Lukaku as a kind of Drogba "lite".

He's banged in over 20 goals a season for the past three seasons,  and with more quality players around him I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to do even better.

The fella just turned 24 in May and obviously hasn't peaked yet, unfortunately for us I think he's going to be a success at Man U   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:47 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:39 am

In other news, it looks like Sakho is off to Palace. Apparently he's agreed terms and it's now just a case of thrashing out the deal between the clubs. Palace want to pay £20m and we want £30m.

Guess that means he'll leave for £25m then  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:38 am

I'd of sooner kept him but if we can bank £25m for Sakho then that'll do nicely.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:50 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:52 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:23 pm wrote:lol at people getting hot and bothered about a single report in the Daily Express which is just quoting a French paper.

Honestly, would you be surprised if he went PC? Selling our best players has been the 'Liverpool way' for a good while now, stretching right back to McManaman and Owen.

Do I think the club will push Coutinho out of the door for financial reasons? No I don't. Just like almost every player, at every club, if Coutinho tells us he wants to leave we'll have a price in our head at which we'll ultimately sell. But if Coutinho is happy at the club he isn't going anywhere. I can't recall any examples of the club pushing our best players out of the door for financial reasons. We wanted to keep Mcmanaman but he ran his contract down. Owen was running his contract down so we cut our losses. Torres and Suarez both pushed for a move, etc. Bottom line is we're unlikely to hang onto unhappy players but we're not going to sell our best players if they want to stay.

For what it's worth I don't think Coutinho is going anywhere right now. He had a rough time at Inter and you can tell he is truly grateful for the home he has found here. If he builds on the progress he made last year and Barcelona ask him to join to replace someone in their first team, then yes he'll leave. The lure of playing with the likes of Messi and his mate Neymar coupled with living in Spain will be too strong for him to turn down. But that isn't going to happen this season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:52 am

redshade » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:14 pm wrote:So Lacazette at Arsenal and Lukaku at Mannure.
If Arsenal manage to keep Sanchez they will be a lot stronger this coming season.
Lukaku will do well with Mannure, bang in goals and will suit mourinho style of play.

IMO, replacing Sanchez with Lacazette, and Ibrahimovic with Lukaku, represents a step down in quality for both Arsenal and Man Utd. I'm not too worried about either transfer.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:56 am

Ibra and Lukaku suit the same systems so the transition from Ibra should be smooth. Not sold on the style required to get the best out of him, he certainly wouldn't fit our mould (we've tried and failed with Benteke and Carroll). He'll certainly help them bully the 'smaller' sides but is he a big step up? Not sold on him tbh and if we paid that for him I'd be disappointed. Fits the Man U style signing tho, proven prem players
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:55 am

Lukaku is a very good striker. I just dont agree with the price for him though... At the most he's a 50 million striker. The player fees have sky-rocketed this summer!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill