Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:25 am wrote:I see Fabio Borini has signed for AC Milan. Got to hand it to the lad his CV is pretty impressive, not many players get to play for Chelsea, Roma, Liverpool and AC Milan in their career. He's still only 26 as well.

Even more impressive when you consider that he's not very good.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Noise building up with regards to Naby Keita arriving. I think this one could happen, look's like he is pushing for a move to us and think Leipzig may cash in now for a higher fee than the £48m odd they would with the clause that kicks in next summer rather than keep a player who wants away.

Didn't think it would happen few weeks back but can see it happening now and will be interesting to see what the fee will be. Looking at his clips on youtube, he is exactly what we need. Dynamic all round midfielder with an eye for a pass to. Can potentially improve us massively.
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:25 am wrote:I see Fabio Borini has signed for AC Milan. Got to hand it to the lad his CV is pretty impressive, not many players get to play for Chelsea, Roma, Liverpool and AC Milan in their career. He's still only 26 as well.

I guess the time spent at the mighty Sunderland turned him into the finished article    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:53 pm

Keita is gaining momentum and at this point if we dont sign him and VVD if feels like we wont be signing anyone else which would be a massive disappointment again, another poor window. By now we are so desperate to sign these two and nobody else it feels like we will literally pay anything and we will accept it as well.

Borinis agent is spectacular really, maybe Milan owe him a favour or the 'stable' has insited hes bundled in as a package with a player Milan actually want, these things do happen in football. Otherwise Milan really have hit rock bottom.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:41 am

parchpea » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:53 pm wrote:Keita is gaining momentum and at this point if we dont sign him and VVD if feels like we wont be signing anyone else which would be a massive disappointment again, another poor window. By now we are so desperate to sign these two and nobody else it feels like we will literally pay anything and we will accept it as well.

Borinis agent is spectacular really, maybe Milan owe him a favour or the 'stable' has insited hes bundled in as a package with a player Milan actually want, these things do happen in football. Otherwise Milan really have hit rock bottom.

lol, that's a bit harsh mate  :laugh:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:25 am

We're sat here discussing transfers and Klopp's in Ibiza with a f**kn umbrella on his head  :laugh:

Happy with the noises about Keita at the moment. Hopefully we get that over the line soon. Still hopeful on VVD, him and a left back would be a great window.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:42 am

Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:25 am wrote:We're sat here discussing transfers and Klopp's in Ibiza with a f**kn umbrella on his head  :laugh:

Happy with the noises about Keita at the moment. Hopefully we get that over the line soon. Still hopeful on VVD, him and a left back would be a great window.

He'll have to get a shift on then because our first game is a week tomorrow against Tranmere, two days after that (on the Friday) we play Wigan as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:37 am

I must say Everton are showing some intent this summer. Already spent close to £100 million, plus Rooney on a free. They may be resigned to losing Lukaku, but if he saw something he liked and stuck around they may be a tough one to face next year. Even if he doesn't, they're certainly improving.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:04 pm

Yup they are getting decent players which will help them cement 6th i can't see them any further than that.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:37 pm

ethanr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:37 am wrote:I must say Everton are showing some intent this summer. Already spent close to £100 million, plus Rooney on a free. They may be resigned to losing Lukaku, but if he saw something he liked and stuck around they may be a tough one to face next year. Even if he doesn't, they're certainly improving.

I agree, and I hate to say this, but I've been impressed by the pace the Bitters have shown in the transfer market, they've conducted their transfer negotiations with the minimum of fuss and seemingly reeled in most of the players Koeman wanted and are still confident they will get Rooney, Sigurdsson, and maybe Giroud

I really don't get Carragher trolling and taunting their fans by casting aspersions on the quality of their acquisitions, I mean they've secured the signature of a top young keeper a seriously decent AM, two strikers we ourselves were linked with and a current  England international at CB who most of the top teams were coveting.

What's to scoff at  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:55 pm

Our recruitment is still really poor far too ponderous and the way football business is conducted in Europe seems a million miles from American sports, we never learn.

Peter Moore seems like a fun guy but on the back of Ayre I just felt we should have gone for a proven world class football CEO, but as ever FSG think they can outsmart and get better bang for a buck with quirky appointments.

Apparently we are waiting for 'the right moment' after saying we where 'all but done' in May, I smell BS.

Oh and Nice Brazilian left back Henriqe Dalbert linked today £25m  :lookaround
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:27 am

Daily Express have been reporting that PSG are preparing a £70 million bid for Coutinho   :(

PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN are reportedly ready to pursue a £70million move for Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho.

The Brazilian was one of the standout performers under Jurgen Klopp last season as he netted 13 goals and provided eight assists in the league.

His displays helped Liverpool secure Champions League football, as he also bagged himself a new five-year contract in January.

Coutinho has long been linked with a move to Barcelona and PSG with both clubs keen to prise him away from Anfield.

And French publication Le10 Sport claim the French giants are ready to test the water with a £70m bid.

The report claims PSG chiefs have been keen to sign Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo and Monaco's Kylian Mbappe in recent weeks.

But with Ronaldo now likely to stay in the Spanish capital and Mbappe's future still undecided, they have shifted their focus to Coutinho.

Le10 Sport claim the French club have been in contact with Coutinho's advisers over the prospect of a move.

If the bid comes in it'll be interesting to see how Klopp, FSG and Coutinho himself react.
£70 million would be very tempting, it could enable us to nail down the Keita signing and more but whats the point of trying to build a title wining side if you keep selling your best assets just to fund the purchase of another ?   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:00 am

woof woof ! » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:27 am wrote:Daily Express have been reporting that PSG are preparing a £70 million bid for Coutinho   :(

PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN are reportedly ready to pursue a £70million move for Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho.

The Brazilian was one of the standout performers under Jurgen Klopp last season as he netted 13 goals and provided eight assists in the league.

His displays helped Liverpool secure Champions League football, as he also bagged himself a new five-year contract in January.

Coutinho has long been linked with a move to Barcelona and PSG with both clubs keen to prise him away from Anfield.

And French publication Le10 Sport claim the French giants are ready to test the water with a £70m bid.

The report claims PSG chiefs have been keen to sign Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo and Monaco's Kylian Mbappe in recent weeks.

But with Ronaldo now likely to stay in the Spanish capital and Mbappe's future still undecided, they have shifted their focus to Coutinho.

Le10 Sport claim the French club have been in contact with Coutinho's advisers over the prospect of a move.

If the bid comes in it'll be interesting to see how Klopp, FSG and Coutinho himself react.
£70 million would be very tempting, it could enable us to nail down the Keita signing and more but whats the point of trying to build a title wining side if you keep selling your best assets just to fund the purchase of another ?   :(

70M aint SH!T for a player that's got more game than Pogo Boy. 70M would be a down payment and...
I'd anticipate and expect a reference / Tweet leaning towards the inhalation of Spice or a kind of 'smoke weed everyday' play on words from the big man over in Boston.
Plus - Sunny Spain is way south of Paris.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:01 pm

If we sell Coutinho to PSG im fvcking supporting City of Liverpool FC, they may be non league but at least they've got a bit of heart and ambition about them. We shouldn't have even mentioned a price to PSG, when they enquired about Coutinho we should have just fvcked them off and told them he's not for sale at any fvcking price. That's what a decent club would have done.
Look at who we've sold over the last decade - Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Suarez, Sterling etc etc and people wonder why we've only qualified for the CL twice since Rafa left? There's your fvcking answer.
We are not a club we are a fvcking doormat.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:24 pm

I didn't envisage Coutinho leaving this summer and I still don't think he will. Little concerned the articles have started cropping up like
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill