Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:37 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:18 pm wrote:Goonerz on Chamberlain

He is a liability defensively. Let him expresses himself... Far away from our box.

Was hopeful for him in pre-season but it's the same old mistakes. Does something good but then just doesn't know when to release the ball.

Hate to say it, but just don't see him making it here. Still looks like he makes the wrong choices, and his first touch was poor yesterday. Maybe his
injuries have really stunted his development, but it's hard to see him fulfilling his potential.     

As previously mentioned, that should be the last chance saloon for him this season. Since his current contract ends in 2018, a decision has to be
made either way. Agree with you though, I am less and less convinced he will make it. His decision making is simply maddening.

He lacks the game intelligence to know where to be when he doesn't have the ball. Its very clear when you compare his runs to Walcott, Özil and Sanchez
who all made some excellent runs today. His combination play is also poor, and his touch erratic at times. I'm fine with him as 2nd or 3rd choice, but its
clear that he needs games somewhere.

This was Ox from last season. Largely anonymous with sprinkles of ineffective play. He shines in preseason because he can show off to Akpom, Adelaide
and Willock. But when he's around Özil, Sanchez, Cazorla and co. he doesn't have it. He doesn't know what to do. One more season of nothing performances

He needs more a brain than a new manager..... Sometimes, players are just not bright and whoever the manager is, it will not change much.
and we'll just have to accept that this is his level.

I have to admit whenever I've watched Arsenal games I have made similar observations on his game,but what I find truly disconcerting is that we're willing to lay out 30 million on a player who is on the treatment table more than Sturridge  ???

Chamberlain fancies himself as the next Steven Gerrard when he cant even get into Arsenal's starting XI as a wide player! I'd rather give Leipzig the £70m for Keita than pay £30m for him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Can't wait when footy is back on, its friggin dead at times without watching Lfc. Last year we had the Euros to pass time. I think our first pre-season is vs Tranmere on the 12th.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:18 pm wrote:Goonerz on Chamberlain

He is a liability defensively. Let him expresses himself... Far away from our box.

Was hopeful for him in pre-season but it's the same old mistakes. Does something good but then just doesn't know when to release the ball.

Hate to say it, but just don't see him making it here. Still looks like he makes the wrong choices, and his first touch was poor yesterday. Maybe his
injuries have really stunted his development, but it's hard to see him fulfilling his potential.     

As previously mentioned, that should be the last chance saloon for him this season. Since his current contract ends in 2018, a decision has to be
made either way. Agree with you though, I am less and less convinced he will make it. His decision making is simply maddening.

He lacks the game intelligence to know where to be when he doesn't have the ball. Its very clear when you compare his runs to Walcott, Özil and Sanchez
who all made some excellent runs today. His combination play is also poor, and his touch erratic at times. I'm fine with him as 2nd or 3rd choice, but its
clear that he needs games somewhere.

This was Ox from last season. Largely anonymous with sprinkles of ineffective play. He shines in preseason because he can show off to Akpom, Adelaide
and Willock. But when he's around Özil, Sanchez, Cazorla and co. he doesn't have it. He doesn't know what to do. One more season of nothing performances

He needs more a brain than a new manager..... Sometimes, players are just not bright and whoever the manager is, it will not change much.
and we'll just have to accept that this is his level.

I have to admit whenever I've watched Arsenal games I have made similar observations on his game,but what I find truly disconcerting is that we're willing to lay out 30 million on a player who is on the treatment table more than Sturridge  ???

Chamberlain fancies himself as the next Steven Gerrard when he cant even get into Arsenal's starting XI as a wide player! I'd rather give Leipzig the £70m for Keita than pay £30m for him.

+1 mate, I really dont understand the managers thinking on this one given his pet hate is players frittering away possession,as for seeing himself as the next Steven Gerrard he probably meant Steven Spielberg given the lads take on fantasy  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:18 pm

:laugh:
There are reports our interest in Chamberlain is waning over his demands for first team football so hopefully we move on and look elsewhere, don't get me wrong Chamberlain is a decent player but we've been crying out for a quality CM for years and with all due respect to the lad he is not a top class central midfielder.

redshade wrote:Can't wait when footy is back on, its friggin dead at times without watching Lfc. Last year we had the Euros to pass time. I think our first pre-season is vs Tranmere on the 12th.

+1
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:53 pm

Posted it before but on 21st May Klopp said our signings where pretty much done and we are now nearly 70 days on and only Salah recruited in terms of first team improvements. Im just concerned deals they thought where done are now dead in the water and its second and third picks again, scraping the barrell.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:21 pm

A Steven Gerrard rumour as hes been installed as favourite for the Preston managers job.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:33 am

Story in the echo saying Moreno reckons his career at LFC ain't over? Sheesh...
Also a rumour about some 18 and 20 year olds from Leverkusen
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:56 am

Probably Moreno is looking at other departments at Lfc. Maybe we require a runner at the Cafe.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:15 am

parchpea » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:53 pm wrote:Posted it before but on 21st May Klopp said our signings where pretty much done and we are now nearly 70 days on and only Salah recruited in terms of first team improvements. Im just concerned deals they thought where done are now dead in the water and its second and third picks again, scraping the barrell.

I dont think Klopp meant the signings were done mate. He said something like as far as the work for new signings goes, it's already done. He's clever. What he meant was his work and the scouts work are done identifying targets. It is now up to the executives to get the signings done. So if anything goes wrong, he's letting everyone know that he's done his duty...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Naby Keita has agreed personal terms for a move to #LFC, acc to German football expert @Lee_Price

Looks like we could be breaking the club record again.. I think he's the missing link in CM so I'm all for this signing. Hopefully it's more of a £50m plus add ons instead of £70m straight up.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:07 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:23 pm wrote:Naby Keita has agreed personal terms for a move to #LFC,acc to German football expert @Lee_Price

Looks like we could be breaking the club record again.. I think he's the missing link in CM so I'm all for this signing. Hopefully it's more of a £50m plus add ons instead of £70m straight up.

Gabriele Marcotti is saying the same thing.
The figures being bandied about are ridiculous but at the end of the day we need a top class CM and they don't come cheap these days.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Keita would be a huge signing, if true. He's looked mustard in the German league and would probably be snapped up by the likes of Barca or BAyern before long...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:35 pm

Liverpool always put the money down for players they really wanted and it just feels unusual to go that big on Keita because we havent been that type of club for a long time.

Sometimes you have to be brave and back your instinct and judgement, yes we could buy 2 very good players for £70m but as we saw with Suarez one special footballer can be the difference in a team and if Keita is that then it will be worth it.

I would imagine £70m is the potential package including all add ons hit but may be wrong, and I hope it happens.

Wont be easy ofcourse as Leipzig dont want to sell and you cant blame them.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Lacazette seems to be on his way to Arsenal. Out of all the forwards we've been linked, he was probably the best realistic option of the bunch. He'll do well at Arsenal and anything under 50mill for him will prove value for money imo.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:50 pm

I think Leipzig have signed a CM today which people seem to think is a replacement for Keita. They have money to burn so don't need to sell, But who wants a unhappy player ruining the moral of the club.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill