Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby parchpea » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:22 pm

VVD another of a long list of players dreaming of Liverpool but we only flash our knickers when they are at Southampton or valued 10x their initial transfer price  :p

We should have taken the Polish lad Jan Bednerek whos just gone to Saints, Im sarcastic as we just seem to have lost the art of recruitment, we think we are the smartest around and whilst we do get some things right there's certainly room for improvement.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:38 pm

I think the problem with getting in quality over quantity is a problem for a lot of teams in the league.

A team like Everton for example..their main players were Lukaku and Barkley last season...apart from that, don't think it was going to be too hard to go out there and bring players in that would improve on what they already had so no surprise to see them bring in all these players but how many of these new players would get into out team? Struggling to make a case for any of them to be honest.

Then you look at a team like spurs. How do they realistically improve on what they have without spending crazy money and wages that they don't have? Probably explains their lack of activity. The Utd's City's, Chelsea's of this world can pay up and get those kind of players.

We need first team players that can take us a level up and they don't come cheap and quite obvious their clubs won't want to let them go. I'm sure we have alternatives to VVD and Keita but if those are the Klopp's first choice players, we have to give it as long as possible to get them in. I think we have probably got encouragement from both the VVD' and Keita camp that a deal can be done hence us carrying on pursuing them however I do believe there will be a point where we say we have to move on as things just are not progressing
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:08 pm

If we could sign Keita and Van Dijk we'd be title challengers imo and even an outside bet for the CL.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Everton and Mannure have done quite a bit of dealings with each other for a while.

Kachelskis to Everton
Blomqwist to Everton
Neville to Everton
Felaini to Mannure
Rooney to Mannure
Tim Howard to Mannure
Cleverly to Everton
Saha to Everton
Moyes to Mannure
Rooney to Everton
Lukaku to Mannure

Bitter rivals have got a good relationship with each other.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Doeboy wrote:I think the problem with getting in quality over quantity is a problem for a lot of teams in the league.

A team like Everton for example..their main players were Lukaku and Barkley last season...apart from that, don't think it was going to be too hard to go out there and bring players in that would improve on what they already had so no surprise to see them bring in all these players but how many of these new players would get into out team? Struggling to make a case for any of them to be honest.

Then you look at a team like spurs. How do they realistically improve on what they have without spending crazy money and wages that they don't have? Probably explains their lack of activity. The Utd's City's, Chelsea's of this world can pay up and get those kind of players.

We need first team players that can take us a level up and they don't come cheap and quite obvious their clubs won't want to let them go. I'm sure we have alternatives to VVD and Keita but if those are the Klopp's first choice players, we have to give it as long as possible to get them in. I think we have probably got encouragement from both the VVD' and Keita camp that a deal can be done hence us carrying on pursuing them however I do believe there will be a point where we say we have to move on as things just are not progressing

I don't think Everton are looking to win the League and are more about building a bit of consistency this season. On top of that they will take points off the top sides. They will never achieve a title winning side in one window but they are showing intent by getting the manager the players he wants. They have European football and are making moves to cope with those demands which is more than can be said for us.

Spurs are not losing players and are already a decent side in the league. They don't have a host of superstars either but what they do have works and they will be up there again next season. Poch is a very good manager and has proven this every year he has managed in the prem. No way will they go from challenging in consecutive seasons to 5th or 6th.

Your right we do need quality but its the same every story every year and we don't end up getting them because of one excuse or another. Last year we did nothing but were working on players for this year and low and behold we are again struggling to land them. What has happened since then and even since the end of the season when Klopp said talks were very positive on these targets but yet the squad has returned to training with only one signing and a freebie. The window has just opened also and we are already trotting out the same stuff about not being held to ransom and are prepared to wait. Fair enough the manager wants who he wants but that could mean we end up doing nothing this window and then shift to a completely different set of targets with the same result. The track record is there of us mucking up deals for one reason or another and the very same policies and numpties doing the deals remain. Sooner or later these clowns will get us a transfer ban and that will then take care of the next set of players we look to aquire.

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:If we could sign Keita and Van Dijk we'd be title challengers imo and even an outside bet for the CL.

Its a difficult one this. Are we getting carried away with finishing 4th and think by adding 3 players we can achieve all that ? Finishing 4th was a great achievement with the squad we had but we had help from Manure and Arsenal and we can't forget that. Manure will not be where they are next year and the pressure is on Wenger. Like Rodgers he will be gone if they are playing catch up in October.
We still have weaknesses in the squad and that's not taking into account injuries we will suffer during the season. As it stands if we are missing 2 players we will again be down to the bare bones and relying on lads like Woodburn and TAA or playing more players out of position. I agree that Van Dijk and Keita will improve us but not sure those 2 alone will give us the edge over the top sides in the league or Europe. its a big if anyway whether we can even land those two.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:42 pm

As Carragher says though Red if we bring in 3 players who will walk into the starting XI then 3 players who were in our best XI last year will drop to the bench. As he points out our best XI last season was more than a match for the top teams so even if we do have injuries during this upcoming campaign by bringing in players from our starting XI last year we shouldn't lose much.
If we do manage to land Keita and Van Dijk then our bench will look quite strong (Lovren, Lallana, Sturridge, Wijnaldum, Can etc etc)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:21 pm

So we announced Solanke on same day United unveiled Lukaku, not embarrassing at all  ???
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 am

I'd rather have Solanke than Lukaku with the way we play. Lukaku fits MUFC and solanke fits us. They'll still finish below us.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:54 am

parchpea » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:21 pm wrote:So we announced Solanke on same day United unveiled Lukaku, not embarrassing at all  ???

I don't see anything wrong with it tbh mate, what United do or who they sign is nothing to do with us and I would be more embarrassed if it came out that we avoided announcing a player just because United were announcing one on the same day.

It's not as if they've signed a world beater either, yes Lukaku's a decent player and he will score a lot of goals for them but I'm actually pretty happy it's Lukaku they signed and not someone like Griezemann or Bale who would have been game changer's imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Atletico Madrids Argentinian forward Angel Correa linked today
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:16 pm

After doing a quick research I was very underwhelmed with his 9 goals in 58 appearances stat. So I youtubed him and was surprised by him... He runs and has similar ball control to Suarez. I think the thing that separates players from Suarez was his footballing IQ.. He anticipated every move a player made before they even made it.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:17 am

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:16 pm wrote:After doing a quick research I was very underwhelmed with his 9 goals in 58 appearances stat. So I youtubed him and was surprised by him... He runs and has similar ball control to Suarez. I think the thing that separates players from Suarez was his footballing IQ.. He anticipated every move a player made before they even made it.

Also Suarez was a leader that was so vocal if he did not get the ball that players were always going to see his runs. Remember when Sturridge got subbed because he did not pass to him, such was the fuss he made.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:53 pm

A few whispers going around that we have agreed a fee for Naby Keita for £70m .. It's just starting to gather pace so fingers crossed it gets announced this week and it's not another fabricated story.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:09 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:53 pm wrote:A few whispers going around that we have agreed a fee for Naby Keita for £70m .. It's just starting to gather pace so fingers crossed it gets announced this week and it's not another fabricated story.

Apparently Danny Murphy has said that he's heard on the grapevine that we are close to signing Van Dijk as well. If we land both Keita and Van Dijk it will have been a great window.
It will be  :bowdown to FSG if they manage to pull this one off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:02 am

I'll believe it when i see it
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill