Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ken_job » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:40 am

So Klopp said 'tomorrow you can have a long sleep because nothing will happen tomorrow' - sounds like we've got tomorrow off! But on a more serious note, there was something slightly concerning abou pre-season kicking off and Milner resuming at left back.
VVD and Keita rumours aside there has been little evidence of us chasing a LB or of a suitor for Moreno. We need rid of him tomorrrow.
ken_job

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:31 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:53 pm wrote:A few whispers going around that we have agreed a fee for Naby Keita for £70m .. It's just starting to gather pace so fingers crossed it gets announced this week and it's not another fabricated story.

Here's a wet blanket for all of us...

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3157125/rb- ... ita-report
RB Leipzig issue hands-off warning to Liverpool over Naby Keita - report

Liverpool's pursuit of RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita has been dealt a blow after the Bundesliga side effectively warned off the Premier League club, Press Association Sport reports.

Jurgen Klopp has held a long-term interest in Keita, 22, which has led to much speculation about the Guinea international.

However, all summer Leipzig have been steadfast in their stance that he will not be sold and Press Association Sport reports they have contacted Liverpool to re-emphasise this.

That would leave Keita, who returned for preseason training on Thursday, having to push for a move just one year after joining from sister club Salzburg.

Meanwhile, Emil Forsberg has abandoned all hopes of leaving Leipzig this summer after the midfielder joined up with his teammates for preseason this week.

Having flirted with a transfer to AC Milan where he hoped to "make the next step" in his career, Forsberg will instead continue with Leipzig, his agent Hasan Cetinkaya has said.

"We will not seek further talks with [sporting director] Ralf Rangnick. Leipzig won't allow Emil a transfer this summer," Cetinkaya told Bild, which added that Forsberg has no release clause in his contract.

Instead of working on a move away from Leipzig, Forsberg completed a fitness test on Wednesday and will train with his teammates for the first time this season on Thursday.

Leipzig CEO Oliver Mintzlaff last month reminded Cetinkaya that Forsberg is under contract with the club, even offering to send him a copy.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:01 pm

All we can do is just wait and see what happens.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Well our first bid for Naby Keita of €65m has been rejected... I'm guessing they're gonna hold out for the £70m if they're willing to sell him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:09 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:53 pm wrote:A few whispers going around that we have agreed a fee for Naby Keita for £70m .. It's just starting to gather pace so fingers crossed it gets announced this week and it's not another fabricated story.

Apparently Danny Murphy has said that he's heard on the grapevine that we are close to signing Van Dijk as well. If we land both Keita and Van Dijk it will have been a great window.
It will be  :bowdown to FSG if they manage to pull this one off.

The lawyer who doesa number of Southampton's transfers has tweeted that the deal is happening...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:28 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:53 pm wrote:Well our first bid for Naby Keita of €65m has been rejected... I'm guessing they're gonna hold out for the £70m if they're willing to sell him.

Yep, £70m (pounds sterling) works out at about €80m in euro's, we should make that our final offer and if they knock it back we should just forget it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:29 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:02 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:09 pm wrote:

Apparently Danny Murphy has said that he's heard on the grapevine that we are close to signing Van Dijk as well. If we land both Keita and Van Dijk it will have been a great window.
It will be  :bowdown to FSG if they manage to pull this one off.

The lawyer who doesa number of Southampton's transfers has tweeted that the deal is happening...

Fingers crossed mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Klopp was asked about the transfer today.

Klopp said: "Am I allowed to talk about this? I am not!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:11 am

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:26 am

I'm hopeful VVD and Keita will happen but Auba as well?! We haven't got the clout for that surely
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:01 am

Klopptomaniac » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 am wrote:

I'm hopeful VVD and Keita will happen but Auba as well?! We haven't got the clout for that surely

Yeah I couldn't see us signing all 3 myself but he may be a back up option if Leipzig refuse to budge over Keita.
Even then it would be distinctly out of character for FSG to fork out so much money on a 28 year old. Looks like paper talk to me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:13 am

or an attempt by the agent to force the hands of the chav's into paying up

genuinely don't see that deal happening

however I do believe VVD and Keita will happen but we will miss out on the Ox

papers suggesting this morning that Wenger wants to trade Ox for Matic
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:05 am

Apparently Sky are reporting that Leicester are willing to accept £27m for Mahrez. If that is true we should be on the phone to them right now, if Gylfi Signurdsson is supposedly worth £40m and Kyle Walker £50m then £27m for Mahrez is an absolute steal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:05 pm

£27 mill for Mahrez is a friggin bargain however if he does go i doubt it will be for that much.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Sounds like Keita and VVD are both close. Maybe both done within a week. Credit to the club if we add them to Salah.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill