Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:52 pm

parchpea » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:35 pm wrote:Liverpool always put the money down for players they really wanted and it just feels unusual to go that big on Keita because we havent been that type of club for a long time.

Sometimes you have to be brave and back your instinct and judgement, yes we could buy 2 very good players for £70m but as we saw with Suarez one special footballer can be the difference in a team and if Keita is that then it will be worth it.

I would imagine £70m is the potential package including all add ons hit but may be wrong, and I hope it happens.

Wont be easy ofcourse as Leipzig dont want to sell and you cant blame them.

You snooze you lose in transfers.

Keita has a £49m release clause that activates next summer and we'll get nowhere near him if he has a good season.

If the internet is to be believed, we''re in advanced talks and we'll pay £55m now with another 5m on top as add ons.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 pm

parchpea » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:35 pm wrote:Liverpool always put the money down for players they really wanted and it just feels unusual to go that big on Keita because we havent been that type of club for a long time.

Sometimes you have to be brave and back your instinct and judgement, yes we could buy 2 very good players for £70m but as we saw with Suarez one special footballer can be the difference in a team and if Keita is that then it will be worth it.

I would imagine £70m is the potential package including all add ons hit but may be wrong, and I hope it happens.

Wont be easy ofcourse as Leipzig dont want to sell and you cant blame them.

Think i read somewhere Keita saying he has his heart set on Barcelona or other club like that. Makes me think that if he had one good season with LFC he'd be looking for his next move pdq... Not unlike Suarez
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Salah, Keita, Van Dijk a LB and CF would be a cracking window but can't see it happening. I don't think Klopp will buy a CF because it seems like his still after the Ox. Probably he wants more cover in mid attacking areas. We probably will end the window trying to fix our defensive frailties.
Last edited by redshade on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:31 pm

City aiming for Sanchez apparently. They already have got quality upfront in Aguero and that young lad i think his names is jesus. With Sanchez onboard they will be unstoppable upfront.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:32 am

Have been away for a while and missing out on all things lfc so whats been happening? Have we still only made 1 signing ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:49 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:32 am wrote:Have been away for a while and missing out on all things lfc so whats been happening? Have we still only made 1 signing ?

Pretty much mate, apart from a couple of youth team signings the only players we have brought in so far are Solanke and Salah. According to sources in Germany (and ESPN's Grabriele Marcotti) though we have agreed personal terms with Keita as well but that story has gone quiet over the last few days.
As for Van Dijk apparently LFC have to wait until someone else makes a move for the player before we can go back in for him but given that the fee for Keita is reportedly £70m and we have already broken our transfer record on Salah it's looking increasingly unlikely that we'll sign the lad.
Oh, according the the Echo we are back in for Robinson as cover for LB as well, that's about it mate.

Edit - bit of breaking news, according to the Echo Oxlade-Chamberlain has turned down Arsenal's new contract offer and is keen on a move to Anfield  :lookaround
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:13 pm

What's going on with Sakho, Markovic and Flanno?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:26 pm

The first two are openly up for sale. Not too much interest in Sakho apart from Palace. Watford have bid for Lazar but been rejected apparently but I'd imagine it will happen. Not sure what the future holds for Flanno. He couldn't get a game at Burnley and won't get any game time here. Maybe he will go out on loan to a Championship club but truth be told it's probably best for everyone if he moves on.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:33 pm

The manager Markovic had at Hull (Marco Silva) has taken over at Watford and he wants Lazar to follow him there. Silva did a good job at Hull (without having much to work with) so Watford could be a side worth keeping an eye on next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Reports are suggesting we have offered Naby Keita £130k a week and now it's just down to the two clubs to agree a fee. It also says Leipzig have turned down our first bid.. which is no surprise as we always lowball teams to start with.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:39 pm

Klopp last season completed majority or all transfers before the tours. I think the next couple of weeks we may seal all deals.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:12 pm

redshade » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:39 pm wrote:Klopp last season completed majority or all transfers before the tours. I think the next couple of weeks we may seal all deals.

But the issue is that apart from Roma who were open to selling Salah for FFP purposes, the selling clubs of our targets want their players to stay and have no reason to sell them. Often in these situations the transfers sagas drag on and some point  have to decide whether we go for our 2nd choices.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:21 am

Cheers yakka for the update :nod thought we were close to a few deals before I headed off. A bit disappointed because the squad returns this week and we havent addressed anything. I also read that sturridge is staying because klopp said it will cost to much to replace him  :glare: he isnt even no 1 and wont stay fit so thats disappointing.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:25 am

I see Fabio Borini has signed for AC Milan. Got to hand it to the lad his CV is pretty impressive, not many players get to play for Chelsea, Roma, Liverpool and AC Milan in their career. He's still only 26 as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:52 am

Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:06 am wrote:In the long term we need 2 leftbacks. Sounds like there is someone out there that Klopp really wants that he believes he can get but just not in this window. So we will buy a leftback this window, but he may not be our long term first choice leftback.

Now that Ryan Sessegnon has signed a new contract at Fulham, I’d expect that we’ll sign Andy Robertson from Hull as an alternative pretty soon. It’s disappointing that we will have failed to completely solve the left back position in 2 consecutive summer windows but I’ll settle for that if we end up with Salah, Keita and VVD.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill