Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:39 pm

That would be embarrassing.. bringing a bit part city player in then giving him captaincy. Hendo has at least worked his a## off last 3 years to earn it.

The players we are currently linked with is gonna make this summer very draining, it reeks of money saving.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:25 pm

I dont mind the Milner signing, nor his wages. He is a good player, rejecting a top 2 team for us.
But the moves around him need to be better.

If we can also land Kovacic abd a top notch DM then Milner will be forgotten.

Same with Ings, if we get Icardi in then Ings will be a good honest back up.

There are also good bosman deals still waiting to be had. For the life of me, I dont know why we were willing to pay 15mil for Konoplyanka but not sign him on a free.

Danny from Zenit is another.

Add Nigel De Jong to that list as well.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:21 am

I think Milner will do well. Experienced and a good player.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby mart » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:38 am

redshade » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:21 pm wrote:I think Milner will do well. Experienced and a good player.

He is a good player and it will be a pretty good signing, but he isnt really the type of player the team needs to get back to the top4.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:44 am

Milner will steady the ship. Hardly inspirational and true to moneyball practise, his signing keeps us standing still rather than going backwards after Stevie's retirement.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:11 am

mart » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:38 pm wrote:He is a good player and it will be a pretty good signing, but he isnt really the type of player the team needs to get back to the top4.

Realistically, I reckon top 4 ambitions are a long way off again. I think Milner will be retired years before LFC could rebuild a top 4 team from where we are now, so in the short term, he's probably an ok signing, although it's probably a self-perpetuating problem, i.e. that the timescale for top 4 finish ambitions is in part being defined by the quality of players signed now, in order to start the rebuilding process now.
Anyways, LFC have an awful lot of problems to iron out, and I think we are years away from a genuine top 4 claim. Just my opinion.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:37 am

depends who else we bring in. we're on day 3 of the open window, lets see eh
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:53 am

leeroy74 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:37 am wrote:depends who else we bring in. we're on day 3 of the open window, lets see eh

Look at the names we are being linked with though - Milner, Ings, Benteke, Clyne - that lot look like Newcastle signings, not the signings of a team seriously trying to overhaul the likes of Chelsea, City and United.
Doesn't exactly fill you with hope that we'll suddenly start bringing in players like Kovacic, Vietto, Veratti, Yarmalenko, konoplyanka etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 pm

the key word in that sentence is LINKED. not bought/purchased/signed but LINKED. most of it media driven b@llox I'm sure
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:53 am wrote:
leeroy74 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:37 am wrote:depends who else we bring in. we're on day 3 of the open window, lets see eh

Look at the names we are being linked with though - Milner, Ings, Benteke, Clyne - that lot look like Newcastle signings, not the signings of a team seriously trying to overhaul the likes of Chelsea, City and United.
Doesn't exactly fill you with hope that we'll suddenly start bringing in players like Kovacic, Vietto, Veratti, Yarmalenko, konoplyanka etc.

I don't get you Yaka....You stood firmly against replacing BR yet you don't stop to complain over names BR probably wants brought in...This is the guy you wanted to stay ,this is the Guy that signed Lovern ,Marco ,Moreno ,Mario...The guy that insists on player Johnson ,Toure and Gerrard....Don't understand your mindset.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:08 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:00 pm wrote:the key word in that sentence is LINKED. not bought/purchased/signed but LINKED. most of it media driven b@llox I'm sure

Those links come from the Echo mate not the Metro.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:15 pm

only me » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:07 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:53 am wrote:

I don't get you Yaka....You stood firmly against replacing BR yet you don't stop to complain over names BR probably wants brought in...This is the guy you wanted to stay ,this is the Guy that signed Lovern ,Marco ,Moreno ,Mario...The guy that insists on player Johnson ,Toure and Gerrard....Don't understand your mindset.

That's the point though mate we don't know if it was the manager who brought those players in, even the Echo has been calling on FSG to clarify who does what in recent weeks, I think they have come to the conclusion that it suits FSG (and probably the manager as well) to have a bit of ambiguity there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:57 pm

FFS, BR has final say on all players brought to the club. It is him, and only him that makes the decision.  He could have blocked the move of Balo, just like he did with Remy.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:11 pm

Respected reporter Oliver Kay has just tweeted...

Re Milner to #LFC, not 100% done yet but it's expected to be finalised (if perhaps not announced) by end of week. Disappointment for #MCFC

Also rumor's circulating that he is to be offered the captaincy and a central role as part of the agreement
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:50 pm

C-R » Jun 3rd, '15, 19:11 wrote:Respected reporter Oliver Kay has just tweeted...

Re Milner to #LFC, not 100% done yet but it's expected to be finalised (if perhaps not announced) by end of week. Disappointment for #MCFC

Also rumor's circulating that he is to be offered the captaincy and a central role as part of the agreement

Dear oh dear, Milner is, for all intense and purposes, a copy of Hendo. Can't understand why the club is going for this player. He'll be a fringe player at best.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill