Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby only me » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:45 pm

leeroy74 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:02 am wrote:once again it goes straight over your head which is no surprise really.

You decided it's the owner and that any manager will be forced to buy cheap ,so far so good? I said you were talking none-sense and demonstrated by numbers...You ignore and insult.
Anything else i missed?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm the stat man  :rasp

James Milner created 52 chances in the PL in 14/15, more than Di Maria (51), Mata (50), Ramsey (47), Rooney (45) and Oscar (36)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:50 pm

[quote=[/quote]"leeroy74 » Jun 2nd, '15, 08:37"] If they give our 'crappy' transfer committee the bullet then we'll get another and they too will be crappy because no matter who you put on that committee they are still having the strings pulled by the suits above. They will still be given the same agenda of buying cheap, free transfers etc etc[quote]

Yep, the Committee that BR is very much part of and gets final say, has been a disaster. But, how do you know that another committee will be implemented exactly?, they are due to get rid, lets see what happens in the coming days.

A top down review has been going on for 9 months or so now, how do you know things won't change for the better with FSG?. Before you say LFC need Sheiks to compete with Chelski etc, yes, LFC have been very hard done by haven't they!!. FSG have ploughed in vast amounts of money in many areas. Again, we'll see in the coming days what will happen. They may just sell up in 2017.

The very first transfer activity must be a new manager, BR doesn't cut it, at all.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:17 am wrote:Happy enough with the Milner signing me so long as we are still looking at buying a top striker.
We have lost alot of experience of the last few seasons and he will bring that.
He is actually a decent player as well, he chips in with goals and assists and could play in a couple of positions.
I am surprised by the negativity surrounding Milner if I am honest.

He's months away from turning 30 and for a player that relies heavily on workrate and hustle that's not good. Giving him a 4 year deal worth £150k a week is even worse.
What those wages mean is that our CM pairing next season will be Henderson and Milner, 2 honest grafters but woefully short on quality and utterly uninspiring (especially when you consider that a few short years ago we had the likes of Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano patrolling our midfield).
We will be paying a quarter of million pounds in wages every week to a pair of yeomen.
We are clearly buying players to consolidate ourselves as a mid table team, I haven't seen us seriously linked with anyone that suggests to me that FSG are serious about challenging for a top 4 place.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:55 pm

Milner is wanted by City, wanted by their supporters, is giving up CL and a genuine title challenge to play for LFC

Yet people want to moan ??  :oops:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Milner isnt the type of player we should be offering that kind of money to. He's a decent squad player who will get a lot of first team football at anything under 100k per week; mainly because of his versatility rather than quality.

We need to bring in some high profile players to make the club a more interesting destination for the top players out there. With Gerrard out and Sterling seemingly on his way out, who's the biggest name in the side ? Sturridge ? Coutinho ?

I look at the side and the lack of quality is truly frightening. Sturridge would probably make it into the Arsenal starting 11 and Sakho might make it into the Utd & Arsenal backlines but outside that I dont see any players who are good enough. And these sides will go out this summer and try to sign the likes of Cavani, Pogba, Bale, Hummels, and Reus.

Instead of going for the bracket below that where we could realistically have a shot of bridging the gap with 2 or 3 signings, we seem to be going down the same route of bringing in cheap or unproven or young, etc. players who are a bigger risk but admittedly easier to control in the dressing room (Balotelli aside).

And I know the next reply will be "but these players wont want to sign for Liverpool". Theres dozens of good proven players out there who can be tempted if the offer is right imo. The likes of:

-Dani Alvez
-Pedro
-Higuain
-Lavezzi
-Lucas Moura
-Hamsik
-Wanyama
-Jovetic
-Gundogan
-Khedira
-Falcao
-Lacazette
-Fekir
-Aubameyang
-Walcott
-Icardi
-J.Martinez

etc.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:36 pm

C-R » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:55 pm wrote:Milner is wanted by City, wanted by their supporters, is giving up CL and a genuine title challenge to play for LFC

Yet people want to moan ??  :oops:

Ace has hit the nail on the head, City like him because he's a jack of all trades, he's only a bit part player for them and that's the reason he is moving.
We on the other hand are going to build our team around him, well him and 'Captain' Henderson.
In his prime Steven Gerrard was probably the most athletic midfielder I have ever seen, on top of all his ability with the ball he had a great engine and incredible speed but look how quickly his athletic ability deteriorated once he got past 30.
Milner will do a job for a year or two and then like Gerrard players will be breezing past him like he's not there, in a couple of years time we'll be paying a statue £150k a week.
Let's not kid ourselves here, If we really wanted to challenge for the top honours in the game we would be signing CM's like Kovacic, Barkley and Veratti, building a team around a 30 year old James Milner (who has never been top class) is tantamount to throwing the towel in.
Another worrying development is our pursuit of Clyne, that suggests that we might be reverting to a back 4, that means a 2 man midfield - Henderson and Milner in a 2  :help
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:50 pm

I worry about the wages we're paying. Maybe I'm behind the times, but Hendo and Milner look to me to be players who should earn £40-50k a week. Anything above £75k should be reserved for superstars and world class players. How will we ever shift unwanted, mediocre players who are earning over £100k? They won't take pay cuts to drop down to a team more befitting their level. So we end up loaning them out, or letting them run their contracts down. What incentive do these players have to improve?
I'm afraid it's likely true that such activity will consolidate our mid table status. If a big player by some mad chance would want to join our ship of lost souls, and Hendo is on £100k a week, what can the new guy expect for a wage? £200k? Doubtful. More likely Henderson is now an example of a "top tier" Liverpool player. Let's face it, if JH is worth that much, then Sterling is probably worth a lot more, and may have a point. What a mess.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:05 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:17 am wrote:Happy enough with the Milner signing me so long as we are still looking at buying a top striker.
He is actually a decent player as well, he chips in with goals and assists and could play in a couple of positions.

He's months away from turning 30 and for a player that relies heavily on workrate and hustle that's not good. Giving him a 4 year deal worth £150k a week is even worse.
What those wages mean is that our CM pairing next season will be Henderson and Milner, 2 honest grafters but woefully short on quality and utterly uninspiring (especially when you consider that a few short years ago we had the likes of Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano patrolling our midfield).
We will be paying a quarter of million pounds in wages every week to a pair of yeomen.
We are clearly buying players to consolidate ourselves as a mid table team, I haven't seen us seriously linked with anyone that suggests to me that FSG are serious about challenging for a top 4 place.

how do you know we've finished buying players already? I mean I know the window has been open a day or so but feck me!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Isn't Lukaku more suited to us than Benteke?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:17 pm

leeroy74 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:51 pm wrote:

how do you know we've finished buying players already? I mean I know the window has been open a day or so but feck me!

Have you seen the other players who we are linked with? Benteke? Clyne?
It's game changers that we lack, quality players that make a difference, the players that we are being seriously linked with are just decent premier league players, well we need more than that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Milner while being an uninspiring transfer isn't that bad of a player but he's not worth the gravy train we will put him on. He might be free but as pointed out above he will be 34 and still pulling massive money. he will also pocket a nice sign on fee also.  He doesn't suit the moneyball philosophy so my take is that rodgers is pushing this one through.
Problem with milner will be his consistency and how many roles will he be expected to play.

Its worth mentioning also that he has turned us down twice before so for me that is a negative straight away.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Milner is a good solid player but more then all it is a lazy signing ,just shows the lack of creativity and inspiration held by the people in charge. Boring BS written all over it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:45 pm

leeroy74 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:51 pm wrote:

We may not have finished buying players but agree with Yakka, your not going to pay someone £150k per week to sit on the bench and Hendo is undroppable in BR's eyes so that really looks like the CM pairing, totally uninspiring
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Carra  talking on his twitter page about how Milner may push Hendo for captaincy (in his opinion)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill