Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Let's face it we are not going to catch the teams above us by signing players like Benteke, Ings and Milner.
As far as I'm concerned next season is over before its begun.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:07 pm wrote:Let's face it we are not going to catch the teams above us by signing players like Benteke, Ings and Milner.

I am with you on this one. Desperately hope we are both proved wrong but really can't see it if this is as high the bar goes
Doeboy

Postby only me » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:52 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:33 am wrote:
Doeboy » Sun May 31, 2015 7:14 pm wrote: This crappy transfer committee needs to be given the bullet.

They're only doing as they are instructed to by the powers above. They're just doing their jobs that they're employed to do.

Load of krap. They ,as BR ,are doing a horrible job in picking ,negotiating and signing players. Blaming the owners is pathetic ,people should be doing the job they are paid for and got more then enough to bring  quality in ,they just suck big time. But hey as long as the Leeroy's are out-their accepting mediocrity and failure then job security will never be discussed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Doeboy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:17 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:07 pm wrote:Let's face it we are not going to catch the teams above us by signing players like Benteke, Ings and Milner.

I am with you on this one. Desperately hope we are both proved wrong but really can't see it if this is as high the bar goes

They are mid table signings mate, the type of signings Everton or West Ham would make.
The gap between us and the top clubs was already considerable, players like Benteke, Ings and Milner won't be enough to bridge it, in fact by the time the other clubs have completed their business this summer the gap will have probably widened, not shortened.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:26 am

'If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.....!!:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:04 am

leeroy74 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:33 am wrote:
Doeboy » Sun May 31, 2015 7:14 pm wrote: This crappy transfer committee needs to be given the bullet.

They're only doing as they are instructed to by the powers above. They're just doing their jobs that they're employed to do.

So FSG told them to buy average players that dont fit our system? I doubt it.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:37 am

no you missed my point. If they give our 'crappy' transfer committee the bullet then we'll get another and they too will be crappy because no matter who you put on that committee they are still having the strings pulled by the suits above. They will still be given the same agenda of buying cheap, free transfers etc etc
With the best will in the world things wont change until the owners leave and the whole setup gets reviewed and changed from the top down.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:50 am

Regarding Milner (which the BBC is now reporting will sign for us after agreeing verbally) i found some interesting stats from the season just gone...

James Milner assisted 7 goals in 14/15, the same as Silva and more than Ramsey (6), Coutinho (5), Ozil (5), Rooney (5) and Lallana (3)

Almost as many as Coutinho and Lallana combined
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:19 am

C-R » Jun 2nd, '15, 09:50 wrote:Regarding Milner (which the BBC is now reporting will sign for us after agreeing verbally) i found some interesting stats from the season just gone...

James Milner assisted 7 goals in 14/15, the same as Silva and more than Ramsey (6), Coutinho (5), Ozil (5), Rooney (5) and Lallana (3)

It's not a done deal yet, don't think he is what LFC need. He still has options available, Mwanck City have offered him a slightly better deal, and Real Sociedad are in the running as well, as are a few other clubs including LFC. The thing is, he might be on a free, but his wages aren't.

As for Clyne, Southampton are asking way to much, LFC haven't made an offer yet as a result,  Southampton are, i suppose  expecting him to sign a new improved deal in the next few days.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Soupyzrx » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:21 am

C-R » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:50 am wrote:Regarding Milner (which the BBC is now reporting will sign for us after agreeing verbally) i found some interesting stats from the season just gone...

Ok, that's good.
So now we need someone for him to provide the assists to, if you know what I mean? Someone who might actually be able to score a bleedin' goal now and again. What's the term.....? Oh yeah, a 'striker', that's it. One or two of them would be nice. If possible, ones who actually want to play for our club, not just take the money and sit on his spoilt, fat @rse and complain about his contract conditions. Spoilt, prima-donna w@nkers.
I seem to be in a bad mood. Sorry 'bout that. Just thinking about the state we are in has that effect.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:33 am

C-R » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:50 am wrote:Regarding Milner (which the BBC is now reporting will sign for us after agreeing verbally) i found some interesting stats from the season just gone...

Stats don't necessarily tell the whole story though mate, an assist just basically means the last man to touch the ball before the goal scorer, quite often the key pass in a move occurs quite early in the build up.
Milner isn't a bad player but let's face it if he wasn't on a free we wouldn't be interested.
Rodgers will be gone before Christmas imo, wether he is in charge of transfers or not there will be a fan backlash to our business this summer, you don't gain ground on the likes of Chelsea, City and United by trying to find value in the market.
We finished the season looking an absolute shambles yet somehow the powers that be within the club think the answer to that is to sign Ings and Milner? Seriously?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:48 am

By all accounts he's going to be our joint highest paid player with Sturridge, £150k per week, 4 year deal.
He turns 30 on January the 4th so in the future we are going to be paying a 34 year old £150k a week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:05 am

leeroy74 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:37 am wrote:no you missed my point. If they give our 'crappy' transfer committee the bullet then we'll get another and they too will be crappy because no matter who you put on that committee they are still having the strings pulled by the suits above. They will still be given the same agenda of buying cheap, free transfers etc etc
With the best will in the world things wont change until the owners leave and the whole setup gets reviewed and changed from the top down.

Did Lovern ,Marco ,Moreno come cheap? where is all this nonsense coming from ? Mario's weekly wage is cheap? So no they weren't given 60m to buy Di-Maria ,but they gave him and them big chunks of money and relied on them being professional and signing the right players....And by the way i would love to see some documentation pointing to the general accepted "fact" that Suits are making the decisions on whom to bring here, sounds like an urban fairy tail to me. We will never have the deep pockets City and Chealski have, we need to compensate with better people at the scouting/managing position..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:02 pm

once again it goes straight over your head which is no surprise really.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Happy enough with the Milner signing me so long as we are still looking at buying a top striker.
We have lost alot of experience of the last few seasons and he will bring that.
He is actually a decent player as well, he chips in with goals and assists and could play in a couple of positions.
I am surprised by the negativity surrounding Milner if I am honest.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill