Robbie keane

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby zarababe » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:54 pm

Sounds interesting - however is there a danger Keane could end up like Bellamy - promising but failing to deliver - just thinkin and probably not fair to compare, however that was the last time I got hopeful when we signed a 'British' striker !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:06 pm

My husbands a Spurs season ticket holder an loves Robbie Keane but even he thinks the price the papers are quoting 20 million is laughable . He reckons hes staying but if he does go it will be Crouch plus 4-5 million.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:17 am

Arsenal reject £24m Barcelona bid for Adebayor

Arsenal have signalled their intent to keep Emmanuel Adebayor by rejecting an offer of £24 million from Barcelona. Joan Laporta, the president of the Catalan club, had hoped to complete a deal for the Togo forward before a vote of no-confidence from club members on Sunday, but he is likely to have to make an offer closer to £30 million for Arsenal to consider a deal.

During all his discussions with the club, Adebayor has told Arsenal, where he has three years left on his contract, that he wants to stay, but that they must keep to a promise of a new deal as a reward for an outstanding season. Adebayor scored 30 goals during the campaign, showing the promise that was expected when he joined from AS Monaco for £4.2 million in 2006.

Stéphane Courbis, the player’s agent, is expected to meet Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, this week, after the pair held talks in Vienna last Friday. “Since the beginning, there has been a love story between Adebayor and Arsenal and his relationship with Wenger is based on trust and respect,” Courbis said.

“Emmanuel is a man of heart, not of money. He is not greedy. He is a kid from the street, has sensibilities and is humble. If this was a money problem, then he would have asked to leave. I know that Arsenal’s political position is that they don’t pay high salaries.”

Didier Drogba and Benjani Mwaruwari are among the strikers who are paid more than Adebayor, who improved his deal last summer to about £35,000 a week. Arsenal have offered Adebayor a contract worth about £45,000 a week, but may not wish to increase this because they are prepared to sell him. Arsenal’s dilemma is that Adebayor could argue that he should be paid in accordance with their £30 million valuation. This would mean offering more than £60,000 a week.

Adebayor, who is in Togo for an event for his charitable foundation, wants his future resolved before the start of the season. “It is important for Emmanuel that Arsenal show their motivation to keep him,” Courbis said. “Whatever they will decide, the decision will be taken with respect.”

Vagner Ribeiro, Robinho’s agent, has said that Chelsea want to buy the Real Madrid forward. “I met Frank Arnesen [the Chelsea director of scouting and youth development] and he confirmed to me that Chelsea wanted my player for next season,” Ribeiro said.

Kevin-Prince Boateng has been told that he can leave Tottenham Hotspur. The midfield player, who joined from Hertha Berlin last summer, has attracted interest from Borussia Dortmund and VfB Stuttgart. Boateng made seven league starts last season, but Tottenham have since signed Giovani dos Santos and Luka Modric, who play in a similar position.

Paris Saint-Germain have said that Didier Digard’s move to Middlesbrough has stalled because they are waiting for bank guarantees from the Teesside club. The midfield player had said that the deal was held up by PSG wanting the £4 million paid up front.

Liverpool are trying to revive a deal for Albert Riera, the Espanyol left winger who was on loan at Manchester City two seasons ago.

Steve Bruce, the Wigan Athletic manager, has signed Daniel de Ridder for the second time in a year after the midfield player was released by Birmingham City.

Portsmouth have signed Ben Sahar, the Chelsea forward, on a six-month loan.

Derby County have bought Liam Dickinson from Stockport County for a fee of £750,000, which could rise to £1 million. The 22-year-old forward scored 21 goals as Stockport won promotion to Coca-Cola League One in May.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:41 am

GRIMM599 wrote:for ireland i find him very selfish tbh!

Who can blame him! Look at his teamates :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:44 am

zarababe wrote:Sounds interesting - however is there a danger Keane could end up like Bellamy

I don't think so Zara, Keane is a much better player.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bretc » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:18 pm

Pls let this rumour be true!!! Keane is a superb player - great technique, intelligent, can create and score! Just imagine Keane playing in the hole behind Torres with Gerrard and Mash providing cover behind, Babel flying down the left flank and Kuyt....erm....working hard as usual down the right.....that would be awesome!
Bretc

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:56 pm

zarababe wrote:Sounds interesting - however is there a danger Keane could end up like Bellamy - promising but failing to deliver - just thinkin and probably not fair to compare, however that was the last time I got hopeful when we signed a 'British' striker !

WRONG

Bellamy ain't in the same league as Keane. Totally different players with the only real similarities being they are quick. Keane has guise, composure, a team ethic, a cool head etc. Not exactly things you can say about Bellamy.

I'd swap Crouch for Keane any day as Keane offers us an awful lot more than Crouch (in a variety of positions as well).
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Scottbot wrote:
zarababe wrote:Sounds interesting - however is there a danger Keane could end up like Bellamy

I don't think so Zara, Keane is a much better player.

thanks scott  - might be a good signing then, if there is any truth in the rumours
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Keane and Torres is starting to look very like Kenny and Rushie for 4-4-2.  Yes please missus.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:27 pm

the techical play of robbie keave is awesome.....

i would love to see torres and keane upfront....!
Raj_Xedos

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:47 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
zarababe wrote:Sounds interesting - however is there a danger Keane could end up like Bellamy - promising but failing to deliver - just thinkin and probably not fair to compare, however that was the last time I got hopeful when we signed a 'British' striker !

WRONG

Bellamy ain't in the same league as Keane. Totally different players with the only real similarities being they are quick. Keane has guise, composure, a team ethic, a cool head etc. Not exactly things you can say about Bellamy.

I'd swap Crouch for Keane any day as Keane offers us an awful lot more than Crouch (in a variety of positions as well).

:nod short and sweet , straight to the point
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:43 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:

WRONG

I was only posing - not declaring  :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:37 pm

So any truth in this story then.I would seriously love it to be true as ive always rated Keane.

20 million sounds way too much though.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:03 pm

If we are willing to spend 17M on 28-year old Gareth Barry, I'd rather see 5M of that plus Peter Crouch be given to Spurs in exchange for Keane.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:50 am

the rumours are growing stronger and stronger that this is going to happen. seems as if spurs are already afetr luis garcia of espanyol as a relacement.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill